To sack or not to sack?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yup and imagine what sort of players he could have taken in if given some money to play with, could have even signed that left back he was after - what a differance that would have made.

Not suggesting that at all - have stated on more than one occasion that i didnt beleive mcghee was the man to take us forward but at the very least i thought they would have gave him the Lee Miller money to play with.

Again im not sure what else he could have done with allowance he was given, he was screaming out to sign the guy basey.

Yet signed Magennis?

Yet signed McArdle?

Priorities Stoney, and he fucked it up.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup and imagine what sort of players he could have taken in if given some money to play with, could have even signed that left back he was after - what a differance that would have made.

Not suggesting that at all - have stated on more than one occasion that i didnt beleive mcghee was the man to take us forward but at the very least i thought they would have gave him the Lee Miller money to play with.

Again im not sure what else he could have done with allowance he was given, he was screaming out to sign the guy basey.

I'm not saying that he has been given the same money as Ebbe or Pele (which was very little anyway), yet he has assembled a better squad than Ebbe or Pele did. Despite this, he can't get this team to play as a unit or to play for him. This points to his man-management skills rather than his transfer dealings or the amount of money has has had to spend. His record has been ok generally, Hartely, Folly, Vernon and McArdle all impressing at times this season. However, Howard, Ifil, Velicka and Grassi have all been pretty poor signings. To be screaming out to sign a full-back yet spunking away what money you do have to play with points to bad management.

As Ebbe and Pele are former managers of AFC and McGhee may soon turn out to be a former manager, the comparison can therefore be made. Whatever way you like it, Ebbe and Pele were two of the worst managers in Aberdeen's history and it was a truly awful period where AFC were the laughing stock of Scottish football yet somehow McGhee has managed to accumulate a worse record than either of these two. Well done McGhee.

Sorry am I missing something? When did Pele ever have cash to spend?

He paid very small fees for Tosh and McQuilken if memory serves me right.

Sorry am I missing something? When did Pele ever have cash to spend?

Not a lot - but enough to make a differance

Was allowed to sign 9 free transfers.

Stevie tosh for 30k

Sheerin for 10k

What ever it cost to release hart from his contract

Hinds for 20k

Mcquilken for 60k (has to rival worst signing ever)

and what ever it cost to release prunty from the tims.

Sack.

I'm pretty sure the last manager spent less than he recieved in transfer fees, but facts have no place here, eh?

That has to be debatable!

Mcghee has done the same what is your point?

Screaming out to sign basey is all well and good but he knew he needed full backs yet still chose to spend his budget on thousands of strikers. He did have an ok budget, how he used it was the mistake

We signed, Magennis and Vernon, Velicka here for free - so hes brought in two strikers and going by whats already here - we needed them both

Yet signed Magennis?

Yet signed McArdle?

Priorities Stoney, and he fucked it up.

Both players were signed by the club before Mulgrew left us. So left back wasnt really as big a priority as filling positions for players that had already left.

Since Mcghee has taken over we have released

Two keepers - Bossu and batemen and taken in one keeper in Howard. -1

6 Defenders - Mo Ross, Grassi, Paterson, Duff, Mulgrew and Mair and taken in Mccardle, Ifil, Vujadonovic - 3

4 Midfielders - Kerr, Mcdonald, Stewart and Marshall - and taken in two Hartley and Folly  - 2

3 Strikers - Wright, Miller, and Maclean - Been replaced with Magennis, Vernon and Velicka - evens itself out.

Could be argued that some of the players taken in (like Mclean) were to replace players already listed but even so we lost in total (including reserve players) 24 players and were only allowed to take in 8 to replace them.

Jesus wept, there's so much wrong with that post my eyes are bleeding.

Fuck sake TF did you actually read the whole post?  I got as far as his response to Dave_Min's post and stopped!

Why because you didnt like what you heard.

TF Posted some shite about priorities and listed two players, At that time a left back was not required as we had Mulgrew.

But lets not let the famous made up facts get in the way :)

I didn't hear anything, I read it you fucking imbecile.

Here's the most important fact of all:  McGhee has made a cunt of it.

I didn't hear anything, I read it you fucking imbecile.

Here's the most important fact of all:  McGhee has made a cunt of it.

Oooooooooooooooft cutting.

Why - because you say so?

He done what he could with the money he got, Hes a manager of very limited ability but has still managed to sign some very good players despite the restrictions he is under!

Oooooooooooooooft cutting.

Why - because you say so?

He done what he could with the money he got, Hes a manager of very limited ability but has still managed to sign some very good players despite the restrictions he is under!

He has signed some good players, but he can't get them to play together = making a cunt of it.