To sack or not to sack?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i never had an issue with preece but thats another matter.  Can i ask why guntveit wasnt on that list? also there was 20 k for leigh hinds though not very much in the grand scheme of things

Guntveit was an ok player, plus i think we got him for free.

20k wasnt going to put my list up nor down there are a lot of questionable not on there i just picked the worst offenders. And its scared me how much money we have wasted.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin Woodthorpe - 400k

Nicky Walker - 60k

Kombouaure - 300k (dear lord)

Mike Newell - 160k

Paul Bernard - 1 Million fucking quid

Ricky Gillies - 360k

Brian O'Neil - 500k (weeps)

Jim Hamilton - 300k

Andy Mayer - 200k

Nigel Pepper - 300k (panic buy of the century)

Robbie Winters - 800k (plus Dodds who we paid 800k for)

David Preece - 300k

Soldberg - 300k

Leon MIke - 50k

Jamie Mcquilken - 60k

Richie Byrne - 75k

Steve Lovell - 250k

Charlie Mulgre - 150k

Tommy Wright - 100k

Thats not including the good buys we made, or the people whos contract we have bought out.

Thats over 5.5 million in utter horse manure.

I think describing all those as utter horse manure is daft, some howlers in there I grant you, but 150k for Mulgrew (where would we have been without his goals?), 250k for Lovell (scored to qualify for Europe), even some of the others weren't that bad. Lots of those signings were in a different era - a World away from where clubs are now financially. Fans of every club in the World could post up a list of failed signings who didn't live up to their price tag.

At least we seem to have learned our lesson, unlike Dundee and possibly Hearts.

Colin Woodthorpe - 400k

Nicky Walker - 60k

Mike Newell - 160k

Ricky Gillies - 360k

Jim Hamilton - 300k

Andy Mayer - 200k

David Preece - 300k

Soldberg - 300k

Leon MIke - 50k

Jamie Mcquilken - 60k

Richie Byrne - 75k

Steve Lovell - 250k

Charlie Mulgre - 150k

Tommy Wright - 100k

Thats not including the good buys we made, or the people whos contract we have bought out.

Pretty sure we also paid part of Dodds wages when he was at Arabs as well.

Right lads

I’m popping my napper up over the parapet wall again

Let’s get somethings in perspective here eh

We are only 9 pts behind third (yes I know at the moment).

We only lost 3pts on Saturday its not a point a goal as far as i'm aware (ok it was a humbling, very embarrassing and annoying loss especially when I was getting free drinks in the pub if it went to ten lol

To be honest I am still numb and in shock with it all (it compares to my wedding day) and trying to crack some jokes about it makes me feel slightly better

Last night was also a sore one but sitting in my darkened room I did see a chink of light in the way we played with some kind of determination and a little pride.

BUT I don’t think wasting circa. 400k in giving manky mark n the funky bunch the boot is the way forward.

It would be better to see the board giving the money to McGhee to buy some full backs and make sure it’s stipulated it’s to buy FULL BACKS first and foremost and not another five goal scorers (if there is any left lets gets a creative midfielder in as well)

Now obviously buying said full backs in real life is not as easy as fitba manager or the likes but there must be someone out there who is better than awful et al.

How about spending the next 6 weeks having a look at players who are out of contract in the summer, get them to sign up and offer their clubs some cash to get them rightaway

Then also have the common sense to put in writing to McGhee, this is your last chance if we don’t finish lets say top 6 or get to a cup final then you can feck awf in the summer with nae compo.

I don’t care how they get to top six or the final, 1-0 scrappy last min wins will do for me, obviously I would like to see a bit of flair and would prefer to see the silky fitba the green brazil play 

I actually feel quite safe in the knowledge that there is more chance of me sitting in the pbs swirling a scarf above me napper than our club being relegated.

I will back this up by treating everyone here a night out in the globe courtesy of me if this ever happened (errrr huid on make that just the cants I know, just to be on the safe side like)

Colin Woodthorpe - 400k

Nicky Walker - 60k

Mike Newell - 160k

Ricky Gillies - 360k

Jim Hamilton - 300k

Andy Mayer - 200k

David Preece - 300k

Soldberg - 300k

Leon MIke - 50k

Jamie Mcquilken - 60k

Richie Byrne - 75k

Steve Lovell - 250k

Charlie Mulgre - 150k

Tommy Wright - 100k

Good few full backs in there I'm sure even the worst would be better then our present none... in fact I bet you could make a team capable of being more than 2 points off bottom in this seasons SPL out of that lot.

bertie - So you want a manager in place who has to be TOLD to buy full backs, when it's fucking screamingly obvious to anyone who has seen us play that we need full backs, and would have been screamingly obvious to anyone who looked at our squad list on 1 September that we need full backs.  That's the guy you want to continue managing our team?  A manager whose spell has included an 8-1 aggregate defeat in Europe, losing 3 goals or more in approx 25% of the games he's been in charge for and has overseen our biggest defeat in 107 years.  If we continue as is, we are very much realistic relegation candidates, our name won't save us from the drop.

Good few full backs in there I'm sure even the worst would be better then our present none... in fact I bet you could make a team capable of being more than 2 points off bottom in this seasons SPL out of that lot.

Shame none of them were available of free transfer then  :thumbsup:

It would be better to see the board giving the money to McGhee to buy some full backs and make sure it’s stipulated it’s to buy FULL BACKS first and foremost and not another five goal scorers (if there is any left lets gets a creative midfielder in as well)

Now obviously buying said full backs in real life is not as easy as fitba manager or the likes but there must be someone out there who is better than awful et al.

How about spending the next 6 weeks having a look at players who are out of contract in the summer, get them to sign up and offer their clubs some cash to get them rightaway

This is it.. I think the problem is that many don't trust Mcghee to make the correct signings - FB positions have been a problem since the summer 2009 and they still have not been rectified despite having 3 opportunities to do so.  From a personal point of view I dont think I can trust McGhee to organise the defence with or without full backs either. This is my issue. 

If we replace the manager two things must happen:

1) - Whoever comes in must be able to redress the squad imbalances in Jan (bad timing to procure players I know, but I think that this squad as it is will be in a relegation fight if it is not addressed)

2) - They HAVE to be able to address the defensive issues that have seen us leak so many goals in the past 11 games.

With backing, McGhee may be able to do the first option in Jan, but I worry if that needs pointed out to him.  The 2nd point, I have no faith in him what so ever.

Either way the silence from the club is contemptible.

they need to say something, They read the papers, I am sure they see what us fans are saying on the internet and via newspaper comments etc. They need to come out and say none of these rumours are true, Mark has our full support, or we are discussing the way forward for the club and will be making decisions about the future very soon.

Mark McGhee won't learn his fate until later in the week, with Aberdeen's board yet to decide on his future. Pic: ©SNS Group

Mark McGhee’s future as Aberdeen manager remains uncertain, with the club’s board expected to announce they will continue holding talks over the boss’ position over the coming days. Speculation had been rife the 53-year-old, statistically the second worst boss in the club’s history, would be sacked on Wednesday afternoon.

However, despite discussions after the team's 2-1 loss to Inverness on Tuesday night, the Dons hierarchy have elected to spend more time deliberating whether or not McGhee is the man to take them forward.

McGhee’s future came under scrutiny following his team’s humiliating 9-0 defeat at Celtic at the weekend. That result was then followed up by a better performance against Inverness, only for Terry Butcher’s team to leave Pittodrie with all three points.

The former Motherwell manager remained adamant in his post-match press conference that he had not been told by the club’s board his position was under any threat. Aberdeen are scheduled to travel to face Rangers on Saturday, meaning it remains unclear who will take charge of the team at Ibrox.

Eight players arrived at the club over the summer, with six players arriving on free transfers and two on loan deals. Paul Hartley was Aberdeen's biggest acquisition, signing from Bristol City and becoming club captain.

Inspired by their skipper, Aberdeen got off to a strong start, winning their opening two fixtures against Hamilton Academical and St Johnstone. But defeats to Kilmarnock and Dundee United followed, two of eight defeats in the league this season.

The Dons however do have a Co-operative Insurance Cup semi-final tie with Celtic to look forward to in Hampden, as they look to win their first silverware since they won the competition, then known as the Coca-Cola Cup, in 1995.

McGhee has presided over 59 games during his time at Pittodrie, winning 17 and losing 29. That record gives him a win percentage of just 28.81 per cent, with Alex Miller's record of 11 wins in 43 games the only run worse than McGhee's.

From STV website.

I think it may be a case of "get him to take the team v the scab faced bastards so a new guy isn't walking into our hardest game to start off with". Maybe. Then again, maybe not.

I have thought about that too, though to be honest, I don't see the point. The team may have surprised them. I really didn't think I'd be seeing Mcghee in the away dug out on Saturday afternoon.  :-[