To sack or not to sack?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone has an agenda against him ;)

I don't know of anyone with an anti-McGhee agenda, but I do know a many with a big pro-Aberdeen agenda, who think that the best thing for AFC is to part company with McGhee.

I really don't see the point in keeping him on to get humped by the Huns, be just as well to put a temperary manager in charge for that game - hopefully get a bit more from the players, and the result wouldn't matter too much.

Let's face it, he's going to get relentless abuse from the huns scum.  The Board should do him a favour and spare him another shocker. Like many, I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy having his demise played out so publicly, it's like watching a slow painful death.

I don't know of anyone with an anti-McGhee agenda, but I do know a many with a big pro-Aberdeen agenda, who think that the best thing for AFC is to part company with McGhee.

I really don't see the point in keeping him on to get humped by the Huns, be just as well to put a temperary manager in charge for that game - hopefully get a bit more from the players, and the result wouldn't matter too much.

Have you not listened to McGhee?! He is happy! Results dont matter at this stage!

Let's face it, he's going to get relentless abuse from the huns scum.  The Board should do him a favour and spare him another shocker. Like many, I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy having his demise played out so publicly, it's like watching a slow painful death.

Seconded. I felt sorry for him last night listening to his interview, he clearly cares about the club and has passion for it, but it's just not happening. It's sad, but it's reality.

Imagine how those in favour of keeping him would react if we went to Ibrox with him in charge and we got the impossible. For me nice as it would be, it would still be too little, too late. It would however from a a sentimental point of view be nice for him to then tak the decision to walk away with al ittle bit of pride restored.

The only thing worng with that however, is that McGhee would see that as justification for him not walking away in the ifrst place, and the opportunity to entrench himself further in the mind set that he is still the right person for the job.

This is about the third or fourth post in a row from you that I've agreed with and thought of as a lone sane voice amid the furious ramblings of the rest of us lunatics.

YOU??

fucking hell this is a dark day  :thumbsup:

Lets be honest Mcghees cards were marked by some a long time before the season even started, i for one and i know lots who agree think that Mcghee has had a raw deal from the club and failure has been inevitable. You get what you pay for. All you have to do as look at the senior players at the club, Diamond, Langfield to name but two - its these guys who are the real problem, Mcghee is simple the poor sod whos been given the job.

Was never the man for the job in the first place, but the least the cunts could do was give him a fighting chance, then again there are people on here who dont wish to see the club for what it is, who will just bash Mcghee at any given oppertunity. And i have been saying that since the start of the season, its very obvious that there are some on here who havnt given Mcghee and an ounce of a chance. Much the same as the board havnt.

Who-ever is in charge of us in the coming weeks, months, years the problems within this club are not going to be sorted out with free transfers. Im amazed that we managed to pick up the players we did.

I'd disagree with you there Stoney, I can only speak from what I have read, but I think everyone wanted him to do well, but obviously thought he was the wrong appointment. why would any of us want a club footballing legend to fail? It doesn't make sense. Of course the board have a hell of a lot to answer for, but Mcghee got off to the worst possbile start, and it didn't improve. It was his decision to neglect the full back positions and it's haunted him from day 1.

Lets be honest Mcghees cards were marked by some a long time before the season even started, i for one and i know lots who agree think that Mcghee has had a raw deal from the club and failure has been inevitable. You get what you pay for. All you have to do as look at the senior players at the club, Diamond, Langfield to name but two - its these guys who are the real problem, Mcghee is simple the poor sod whos been given the job.

Was never the man for the job in the first place, but the least the cunts could do was give him a fighting chance, then again there are people on here who dont wish to see the club for what it is, who will just bash Mcghee at any given oppertunity. And i have been saying that since the start of the season, its very obvious that there are some on here who havnt given Mcghee and an ounce of a chance. Much the same as the board havnt.

Who-ever is in charge of us in the coming weeks, months, years the problems within this club are not going to be sorted out with free transfers. Im amazed that we managed to pick up the players we did.

Well, if you agree that he is the wrong choice for the job, why keep him on? If he was and is the wrong man he's not gonna become the right guy anytime soon. Surely it'd be best to cut our losses and start to build for next season, jsut write this season off as 'transitional'

I was sure Mcghee could not turn it around toward the end of last season when we were getting closer and closer to last place. When he was still here at the start of this season and we started well I admitted I may have been wrong cause the players he brought in were fighting for every ball we beat Hamilton and had a tough game against St johnstone which we won but I thought last seasons team would have lost that game.

Even after the Killie defeat I said I was not ready to give up cause as Mcghee said last night we will have the odd bad result. But it has just got worse and worse. I take no pleasure in seeing him fail but as someone else said we have to look at what's best in the long run for Aberdeen Football Club.

Mentorred - i think all fans want the best for the club but what is point of spunking 400k on his severence cos he obviously aint going to walk so lets give him the 400k to get the full backs in and see what happens.

we'll either be class and romp to 6th in the league or he'll fail and we'll just avoid relegation then he falls on his own sword at the end of the season and the new manager gets the basis of a half decent team to play with.

im awa back to my lair now

Thought "rolling year" contract meant he always had a year on his contract ?

If so, always going to have a years compo coming his way, unless he terminates it himself.

I asked this the other day but no one clarified. I was under the illusion that 1 year rolling contract meant a 1 year contract which automatically renews itself instead of expiring unless either party want to terminate on day 365, in which case there is no compo due.

Probably not, but if his 'rolling year' was not renewed then we could punt him??

Just a thought!

I said on sunday or monday that if that's how his contract works, then that would be my prefered option. Gamble we don't get relegated so we can swap manager without spending almost half a million on doing so. But it's the fact the board have said absofuckinglutely nothing to the fans that has me more disaffected than ever before in my life.

If it's ONLY a business then fine, disregard the punters if you must. But these cunts only have a club because fans CHOOSE to put money in. Please afc, give me one word that shows you even give a fraction of a teensy wee fuck. Then you can have my money. I WANT to give you my money. Stop being an utter spasticated cunt and show that miniscule amount of effort it takes to allow me to do so...SPEAK ONE SINGLE FUCKING WORD THAT SHOWS YOU UNDERSTAND.

Guest leith_red

Going with the people I've spoken to in Aberdeen over the last few days, I'd say the poll here is fairly representative of what I've encountered, the city seems to be in the midst of a kind of depressive bloodlust.

Living in Aberdeen at this time of year can have that effect.

I heard the boy on sportsound aswell. but as far as i'm concerned i haven't met a single dons fan that wants him to stay and that crap that MM was spouting about the masses encouraging him after the ICT game is not what i heard (from a pal that was in the main stand) not first hand i should point out.