Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Aberdeen FC Statement 10/11/10

BobbyBiscuit

In terms of managerial appointments, there is a world of difference between thinking that a manager is the right choice at the time and them turning out to be the right choice. Most of our managers have been fairly obvious choices, guys doing or having done decent jobs at other Scottish clubs, promotions from No. 2 etc with the exception of Ebbe. Very little evidence of a Board applying a high degree of research, hard work and insight into appointments. I agree, they probably all seemed sensible enough but not particularly inspiring. McGhee was appointed in exactly the same style, laziness and fan pressure rather than genuine enterprising Board activity. Fully expect we will do the same again. Eric Black is likely having lunch with Miller as we type.......it's hardly inspiring stuff is it ?

But even with a high degree of research and insight, it's still a gamble. Take Mourinho, Sir Alex and Wenger out of the equation and who is ever a nailed on certainty to succeed anywhere?  In saying that, I do get the point you're making, it is uninspiring but it is nowhere near as uninspiring as our team is now.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But even with a high degree of research and insight, it's still a gamble. Take Mourinho, Sir Alex and Wenger out of the equation and who is ever a nailed on certainty to succeed anywhere?  In saying that, I do get the point you're making, it is uninspiring but it is nowhere near as uninspiring as our team is now.

Agreed on all fronts. A big part of the reason why I am choosing to take a more 'understanding' position on this is that I am pretty numb to anything and everything linked with Aberdeen and Scottish football at the moment. I have surprised myself with how little I was affected by the 9-0 at the weekend. I patiently await inspiration with little sense of belief it will arrive too soon, certainly can't see it coming at Ibrox this weekend.  :(

Hello All,

Just signed up to the site. I have read your posts for years though.

I am so sick fed up of AFC's board as per usual they come out with this dross which as usual says alot without actually telling us anything. I never wanted Caldo sacked as we couldn't afford the 800'000 it cost us to get MM now we have to pay 300k to 400k to get rid of Mcghee. Just think what we could have done with that plus whatever our next shite manager will cost in compo (depending on who it is). We are getting affa close to 1.5 mill in managers!

:hammer: