Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Rangers v Aberdeen 13/11/10

mizer

Agree about Aluko, he needs to learn when to release the ball. Too many times he just dribbled into a group of Rangers players or gave it away rather cheaply.

Can't say I was too impressed with Hartley either tbh. Looked off the pace and struggled to make kind of impact at all, that's not entirely his fault though.

I left after about 65 minutes, we were never going to get back in the game. Woeful stuff.

'good' was maybe overstating it, but it is nice to have someone who can pass at all, let alone ping diagonal balls to the "wingers".

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‘I expect more courage from my team at Ibrox’, says Aberdeen FC boss

Mark McGhee knows narrow defeat still not good enough

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 15/11/2010

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee today admitted he is disappointed his players didn’t show more “courage” during their 2-0 defeat by Rangers at Ibrox.

McGhee is refusing to get carried away with talk of Aberdeen FC – who are still second bottom of the SPL – now being on the road to recovery.

“I will only start talking about a recovery being underway when we are winning games again,” he said, clearly annoyed his side failed to end their dismal run of results at Ibrox.

Glad to hear it!

Nah he went straight up the tunnel.

He doesnt want to be here simple as that.

His dad told us last year if anybody else came in for him for any amount of money he wouldnt have came here, we were the only team interested and he was desparate. And it shows in his play. Only games you see him in are games on TV

Ifil was the least of our problems on Saturday.

Very true, even McGhee said it was an "ordinary performance" and if that's all he can muster from this group of players when it's "backs to the wall" and "if you're with us you're against us" at Ibrox of all places, just where do we go from here?

That said, Ifil may not have been the biggest problem but he does continue to be a problem when he's on the pitch.

aye, but in fairness to him other than the obvious (which i know is the point) his general play and reading of the game was alright, better than the lump beside him at any rate.

I just hope one of 2 things are happening here. The lump is simply going through an awful period of form which will recover and McGhee is playing him through it, I actually hope this is true and he does come through more like we thought he'd be, or simply McGhee will drop him when he has Vuja or Consi match fit.

aye, but in fairness to him other than the obvious (which i know is the point) his general play and reading of the game was alright, better than the lump beside him at any rate.

Yeah, there were a few moments on Saturday when Ifil looked a right decent player, hopefully he manages to keep his play up to the decent level he showed he was capable of.

Yeah, there were a few moments on Saturday when Ifil looked a right decent player, hopefully he manages to keep his play up to the decent level he showed he was capable of.

His concentration looked a lot better I thought, looked as though he was "in the zone".  In saying that, Kenny Miller took him to the cleaners in the second half, Langfield saved him that time though.

Nah he went straight up the tunnel.

He doesnt want to be here simple as that.

His dad told us last year if anybody else came in for him for any amount of money he wouldnt have came here, we were the only team interested and he was desparate. And it shows in his play. Only games you see him in are games on TV

Wasn't he under contract at Brum? ??? He could have stayed there and continued to either try and break into their first team or use them as a shop window. He wanted to join us. He seemed to like working with JC.

Wasn't he under contract at Brum? ??? He could have stayed there and continued to either try and break into their first team or use them as a shop window. He wanted to join us. He seemed to like working with JC.

I Believe he was told he could go if he could find someone to buy out his contract and we were the only mugs he could find to do it

I Believe he was told he could go if he could find someone to buy out his contract and we were the only mugs he could find to do it

But surely if he joined us with such reluctance he would have just preferred to stay where he was and pick up his wage?

It was us wot done it because he came here on loan and was largely successful. At the time it was a good move. Obviously the club's staff should have foreseen the future and saw his dip in form.  ::)

But surely if he joined us with such reluctance he would have just preferred to stay where he was and pick up his wage?

It was us wot done it because he came here on loan and was largely successful. At the time it was a good move. Obviously the club's staff should have foreseen the future and saw his dip in form.  ::)

He could have stayed down there and rotted in the reserves (dont think he was playing much, and he would never have been selected for nigeria had he chosen to do that) or come up here pretty much garuanteed a first team place and get himself regular games on tv (the games he generally plays well in)

Im not sure if you could call it a successful loan spell, i dont think anyone was heart broken to see him leave. Dont beleive his attitude was right for the club.

Im only going by what i was told and what i have seen. I think on his day or when he bothers to turn up he is a very talented player - unfortunately we cant play on tv every week