Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

MANAGEMENT TEAM STAYING

Stewart

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully this is the kick up the backside that mcghee needs to show him that he needs to do something with this team to make it work

Kick up the backside? Hes just been told being shite is ok and Henrik Larsson was to balme for losing 9-0. No shock though from the man who would hand Calderwood a new contract each time he fucked up. No wonder his hooses are so shite if he wont get rid of people who cant do the job they are meant to.

Hardly a massive vote of confidence given they took almost a week to make their minds up. I suspect this may just be a stay of execution.  Any way not much else for it but to back the team the best we can, they certainly need the support.

Exactly, that is all we can do at the moment.  :AFC:

Hardly a massive vote of confidence given they took almost a week to make their minds up. I suspect this may just be a stay of execution.  Any way not much else for it but to back the team the best we can, they certainly need the support.

There is also an argument to say that they took their time to make a thought out decision after a lot of discussions rather than leaping to satisfy the demand for blood from the fans. You don't make decisions that may have a huge impact on the commercial aspect of Aberdeen FC without looking at it very carefully.

Well well, got to say I'm not overly surprised. Always thought the longer it went on the more likely he was to be staying put. Can't pretend that I'm overly happy with this decision, and guess just got to accept it.

Do wonder however how this has been positioned with McGhee. There must be some kind of conditions attached to this, and also specific timed performance measures built in.

Do I trust McGhee to get this right if he's still here at next transfer window....No.

Do I hope he does....you fucking bet I do, it was my football club before Mark McGhee and it will be after he is gone.

My respect for McGhee as an individual has been severely damaged in the last few months, and think he has been really arrogant. I'll never hold in him in the same respect again

Anyway onwards and upwards, hopefully we have seen the darkest hour, and the dawn is just around the corner.

Stand Free

im sure the board would've made it clear that results have been "below par" and that if they don't improve he will be offski sooner rather than later

[move]COYR[/move]

I had heard that Milne wanted him out and Miller and Fraser voted to keep him. Self preservation from Miller, and it's no wonder the money man didn't want him to go.

Pissed off but not surprised. What is it in the past 16 months is it that they have seen that makes them think the next 6 months will be any different?  And these magical plans that are in place, why weren't they in place from the start and why is it only with the threat of the sack are they now being put into action?

I had heard that Milne wanted him out and Miller and Fraser voted to keep him. Self preservation from Miller, and it's no wonder the money man didn't want him to go.

Pissed off but not surprised. What is it in the past 16 months is it that they have seen that makes them think the next 6 months will be any different? And these magical plans that are in place, why weren't they in place from the start and why is it only with the threat of the sack are they now being put into action?

Couple of natural full backs will do for a start ;)

The plans are to win the Challenge cup and the 1st Div next season and bring the 1st silverware to Pittodrie for 16 years.

Far too ambitious to think we can win both in the same season.

More likely to be the Challenge Cup and use that to kick on the next season for the league title

You need to realise that 2011/12 in the 1st division would be a transitional season  ;)

Pissed off but not surprised. What is it in the past 16 months is it that they have seen that makes them think the next 6 months will be any different?  And these magical plans that are in place, why weren't they in place from the start and why is it only with the threat of the sack are they now being put into action?

Not sure of the magical nature of any plans but it would be nice if the 'changes to operations' meant that McGhee was going to be given a bit more space with budget.