Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

MANAGEMENT TEAM STAYING

Stewart

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can he be trusted with more money though?  He should only be given it if he promises to get some full backs in.

And he can offload Ifil, terrible waste of money.

For every Ifil there is a Hartley, Vernon and Folly - 3 excellent signings I'd suggest. On balance his dealings have been more good than bad.

Can he be trusted with more money though?  He should only be given it if he promises to get some full backs in.

And he can offload Ifil, terrible waste of money.

I would say his dealings in the transfer market have been pretty good, which makes his failure to get them to play as a team even more frustrating.

For every Ifil there is a Hartley, Vernon and Folly - 3 excellent signings I'd suggest. On balance his dealings have been more good than bad.

If there's an Ifil then they may as well all be bad, he's terrible but continues to play him and play him out of position.

His signings good bad or indifferent really are of fairly limited importance when viewed in the context of how embarassing they have been, thier/his record, even leaving aside that despairing performance at Parkhead is desperate. More than meriting the sack, it demands it.

AFC have now achieved a new low and I struggle to associate with this club now on any level. It's all very well having apirations well in excess of what the club can reasonably expect to achieve but it's quite another having a thoroughly humiliating record being considered worthy of the club and then to have that record topped with a historically horrific defeat inflicted upon us and for that too to be considered worthy of the club completely takes my breath away.

I really have no idea when or if I'll be back at a match.

I would say his dealings in the transfer market have been pretty good, which makes his failure to get them to play as a team even more frustrating.

Incredibly.

I can only imagine that whatever malaise is eating through the club has provided a counter balance to his and Hartleys efforts that seemed to be making a difference in the first few weeks of the season. Certainly, as far as negative influences go something pretty fucking savage was going on last Saturday.

Incredibly.

I can only imagine that whatever malaise is eating through the club has provided a counter balance to his and Hartleys efforts that seemed to be making a difference in the first few weeks of the season. Certainly, as far as negative influences go something pretty fucking savage was going on last Saturday.

Only reason we looked good in the first couple of weeks was played the two teams we will be fighting relegation with.

There seems to be a real surge of positivity elsewhere (the hat especially) since this announcement was made. Possibly signs of the old spirit of '95 I mentioned in another thread, we're all in this together etc etc.

Now I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but here are the facts....

14/08/10  Hamilton    12,005

28/08/10  Kilmarnock  11,287

16/10/10  Hearts        8999

23/10/10  Hibs          7587

09/11/10  Inverness    5917

Add to that this image...

1  Rangers        31

2  Celtic          30

3  Motherwell    22

4  Hearts          20

5  ICT              18

6  Dundee Utd  17

7  Kilmarnock    16

8  Hibs              11

9  St Mirren        11

10 St Johnstone  11

11 Aberdeen      10

12 Hamilton        9

This one could go either way, I hope to fuck the people who run our club have made the right choice today.

Now I don't want to piss on anyone's chips

Don't then. We're gonna be with the management team for the next while, so get behind them or fuck off. Its a simple choice  :thumbsup:

This one could go either way, I hope to fuck the people who run our club have made the right choice today.

We all do.

Nothing like giving the club support in times of need, get the overwhelming feeling reading through some of these posts there are some who WANT the club to fail.

Guess this will return the same old tired nonsense about jimmy, truth being is that although there were those that didnt agree with calderwoods decisions they still went along to the match to cheer on the boys.

And yes TF i am enjoying the highland league. And yes Kow the protest has been arranged with all ten of us there, and yes Jage i am a troll.

Seriously though if yous are that pissed off about the way things are going, why bother posting about it, just give up - find something better to do on a saturday.

I know where i'd rather be tomorrow.

Dave I was one of only about 5000 Aberdeen fans at the ICT games, so I am behind them. 'Them' being the team. All I'm saying is I don't understand where the optimism has sprung from amongst the support just because of a bold/stupid decision by the Board. 

We could be looking at a sub 5000 crowd at the St Johnstone game as the drop in numbers continues, especially now even more fans feel alienated by the decision to keep MM and SL in their jobs.

So you fuck off.  :thumbsup:

And stoney you clearly haven't read the posts because nobody wants the club to fail, the feeling shown in this thread and others only proves how much we all care about the club.

Nothing like giving the club support in times of need, get the overwhelming feeling reading through some of these posts there are some who WANT the club to fail.

Guess this will return the same old tired nonsense about jimmy, truth being is that although there were those that didnt agree with calderwoods decisions they still went along to the match to cheer on the boys.

And yes TF i am enjoying the highland league. And yes Kow the protest has been arranged with all ten of us there, and yes Jage i am a troll.

Seriously though if yous are that pissed off about the way things are going, why bother posting about it, just give up - find something better to do on a saturday.

I know where i'd rather be tomorrow.

Is it not about time you moved on from Calderwood?

So that us admiting this being pish is way forward. Will be a long time before I am back.

I don't think its that black and white Jute to be fair, certainly not what I am suggesting by any stretch of the imagination. If we could find the money to invest with a sensible approach, the skills at Board level to source a quality manager on a budget and then a change of thinking at the club through root and branch then I would be right behind the idea that we should press the reset button.

I doubt there is an Aberdeen supporter alive who would defend McGhee's form since arriving.

I also doubt that there are many who see the last 18 months as acceptable.

The problem, as is being debated in several threads on here so I'm sure you have read something of them, is that the road we travel from here is not easily fixed by punting one manager for another. That may turn out to be the right one in the long term but there is so much more to consider than one decision to sack or not to sack.