Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

January Transfer Window

Tommy

Maybury and Hart? I know it's a step back but both can defend and we need to start being difficult to beat again.

Hart getting a regular game for Hibs under CC is he not and I'm sure Maybury is back in the SPL somewhere.

Lets be honest I would imagine anyone that calls themselves a full back would be better than our current options of Ifil or kids

Hart getting a regular game for Hibs under CC is he not and I'm sure Maybury is back in the SPL somewhere.

Lets be honest I would imagine anyone that calls themselves a full back would be better than our current options of Ifil or kids

Maybury (who's at St Johnstone is he not?) and Hart would require fees.

If McGhee wanted them then give him the money we would ordinarily and justifiably have used paying him off to support him bringing in (and getting rid of) players. 

The one that got away. He in now at Barnet, on a four month contract, who are currently bottom of League Two.

Maybe they should have signed 11 Grant Baseys then. What has that got to do with anything?

Liverpool were joint bottom of the league for a while - does that make all their players shit?

What are Vernon and Magennis then  ???

Signed before Hartley, one signed before the end of last season.

What are you laughing for? A few days ago you were saying how it would have made the world of difference if McGhee had signed Basey.

It would - but if the choice came between Basey and Hartley then there wouldnt be much of a decision to make.

Maybe they should have signed 11 Grant Baseys then. What has that got to do with anything?

Liverpool were joint bottom of the league for a while - does that make all their players shit?

It's just indicative of the standard of Barnets players and that includes Grant Basey.

No, Liverpool are in the Premiership. Barnet are in League Two.

P.S - Liverpool were second bottom, not joint bottom.

Incorrect.  Doesn't matter, you are not grasping it.  Or you're fishing.

It's up to the manager what he does with the money allocated to him.  If he doesn't sign any full backs then that's his decision.

+1

Bang on Kow.....all from the same budget. Up to McGhee how he cut the cake.

Incorrect.  Doesn't matter, you are not grasping it.  Or you're fishing.

It's up to the manager what he does with the money allocated to him.  If he doesn't sign any full backs then that's his decision.

Who did we take into the wage bill after hartley then?

Lets move the goal posts again, if you were allowed to bring in One player Hartley or Basey who would you have picked?

Lets move the goal posts again, if you were allowed to bring in One player Hartley or Basey who would you have picked?

Your the only one moving goalposts. McGhee knew his budget. He chose to spend it and not bring in any full-backs.

Your the only one moving goalposts. McGhee knew his budget. He chose to spend it and not bring in any full-backs.

Well it was either Go the season without left backs or without a midfield, the budget he was given wasnt nearly enough to turn-around the depth of squad we have previously had.

I wouldn't have waited until signing Hartley before looking at full backs, if that's what you are suggesting he did.

It's his budget, up to him whether he signs strikers first then waits to see if he can afford a full back.