Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

January Transfer Window

Tommy

I was on about the budget and the turn-over players, im not exactly sure what you were on about.

All i know is coming from our summer budget we signed two strikers, Two Midfielders, Two defenders and a goalie - You cant really get much more balanced than that.

I was on about the budget and the turn-over players, im not exactly sure what you were on about.

All i know is coming from our summer budget we signed two strikers, Two Midfielders, Two defenders and a goalie - You cant really get much more balanced than that.

All I know is what's on the fucking pitch and you can't get more shite and unbalanced than that. Gie it a fucking break stoney it really is boring.

While I can understand the obsession about full backs, we clearly need a few, is it really the root of our problem this season ? Two points on this.

McGhee has made what I assume is a conscious decision to build a back line made up of big defenders with the intention of using width in midfield to block opposing attacking players further up the field. I'm not saying that was a good decision but it was a conscious one rather than some sort of oversight or incompetent bafoonery.

Also, has the lack of full backs been the reason for such poor results ? I ask this with genuine need for an answer as I have only been to a couple of games this season and we won them both. From listening to games it sounds to me like the centre of defence has been abysmal and has failed to pick up players at numerous set pieces as well as some suicidal defending at times. In terms of goal keeping confidence this has eroded massively as a result. Have I got that wrong ?

I'll say again, McGhees results are very difficult to defend despite Stoney's attempts. However, is it all about full backs, or is there other things we might talk about ?

Whilst most of our mistakes have been from Goalkeeping errors and central defensive mistakes if we had a couple of full backs pusing up i dont think our defence would be under as much pressure.

The only reason i make a point about this is because people rant and rave about mcghee not brining in full backs - and he used his budget else where - but theres only so many holes in the wall you can plug before the leaks start coming through. 

From the Scotsman:

McGhee has admitted there is no money to strengthen his squad in January so it was unlikely funds were available to pay off his contract.

Therefore we'll need to ship some players to make changes.  Would be nice to see somebody take Ifil of our hands, but who else could we get rid of!?

Back on topic, seriously stoney change the record btw and would people please stop encouraging him, f/bs i owuld be interested in would be gary miller at county but unlikely as they would demand a fee...... he's pretty good though.  A quck check on fm followed by wiki reveals that steve finnan still lacks a club after being released by portsmouth