Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Radio Scotland MW - Wednesday, 19:05

Ajja

Cummings: "I suggested a rights issue but I didnt hear anythign from the club"

Just highlights the shite involved with our club. Both on the side of the club with no response and on the side of Cummings with sitting on his arse going "oh well, i tried".

Can someone explain what a "rights issue" is? ???  :-[

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain what a "rights issue" is? ???  :-[

Sell more shares to raise extra cash I think.

Thought Dave Cormack had some good ideas as did Jim Cummings although it was disappointing that Cummings criticised the board for not actively seeking investment but then at the same time due to his tiff with Milne he isn't actively approaching the club with these ideas.

Calderwood was typically effusive when talking about the club and quite defensive of the current off the pitch regime.

Michael Grant and Booth both identified the kind of weaknesses we have been talking about for years yet other than "spend more on the 1st team" didn't seem to have any concrete solutions to the problem.

Thought Miller put up a reasonable defence of his wage and his role within the club, although I'm not really convinced it would take up all his time while Fraser spouted they typical party line.  Also suggesting if planning permission is granted early next year we could be looking at a new stadium for '13-14 which sounds great but nobody was pressed on just how that will happen, nor on what happens next year when our debts AND rolled up interest for the last few years is due to the bank.

All in all nice to hear so many people speak passionately about afc for an hour on national radio and hopefully the board at least have the grace to have a chat with Cormack a when he is back at Christmas.

When Dave Cormack was at the club, he would come down to our supporters club in Stirling along with Ebbe, Gardner Spiers and Hugh Little to speak to us and take a Q&A session and he was genuinely interested in taking opinions and suggestions from fans (I think Jager and Reekie and Alfrom may also have been at one or two of these).  It might not seem much, and some people may say "nothing will come of it" but they were at least reaching out to the fans at that point.  The relationship between club and fans is broken, if the club made gestures such as the above I think it would go some way to fixing things.

We got a lot out of those nights, it made us understand why some decisions were made which we had been unhappy about gave us a bigger understanding of how the club as a whole worked.  There are so many things the fans are unhappy about, and so many things we won't even know anything about, if the club could let us in on some of this then it's a step in the right direction.

All in all nice to hear so many people speak passionately about afc for an hour on national radio and hopefully the board at least have the grace to have a chat with Cormack a when he is back at Christmas.

Aye but once again nothing was said about McGhee, they admitted it was not good enough at this time and we have a bigger budget than most of the teams above us - but nobody mentioned the manager having to sort it oot.

When Dave Cormack was at the club, he would come down to our supporters club in Stirling along with Ebbe, Gardner Spiers and Hugh Little to speak to us and take a Q&A session and he was genuinely interested in taking opinions and suggestions from fans (I think Jager and Reekie and Alfrom may also have been at one or two of these).  It might not seem much, and some people may say "nothing will come of it" but they were at least reaching out to the fans at that point.  The relationship between club and fans is broken, if the club made gestures such as the above I think it would go some way to fixing things.

We got a lot out of those nights, it made us understand why some decisions were made which we had been unhappy about gave us a bigger understanding of how the club as a whole worked.  There are so many things the fans are unhappy about, and so many things we won't even know anything about, if the club could let us in on some of this then it's a step in the right direction.

Maybe I'm misjudging them but can you see Willie Miller seeing that as his job? I think he'd feel that rather beneath him. Anyway, you misery guts in the Bovril Brigade might ask some difficult questions, tutut, can't have that.

Listening to the full interview with Miller and Duncan on RedTV just now.

Miller comes across as an arrogant cock (shocker!). Going on about how he's brought through Fyvie, Grimmer, Jack etc. and how he's been watching them since U16 and how he seems to be the only one at the U16 games watching them etc. Aye Willie, thats because its your job. Nobody is complaining about the youth system at Aberdeen these days. Complete smokescreen to answer every question asked by referring to the youths. We're in trouble this season, not in 2-3 seasons.

Fraser going on about how the football budget is 1 million more than 5 years ago, and it has only been reduced by 2-3% recently. So why the hell do we find ourselves 11th? If our footballing budget is good enough then how we are using that budget is the problem!

Fraser mentions that the corporate sponsors stuck by them this summer, which goes against all the rumours of empty boxes etc. and that this kind of money represents a higher % of our turnover than any other SPL club. Points to this as a key advantage of moving stadium, I guess this means the new stadium has those types of customer in mind than the average fan in the stands. If they do provide a large chunk of the clubs income can you blame them?

Willie hasn't answered a question all interview. When asked if someone with money and ideas like Jim Cummings would be welcomed he answered by pointing to how Rangers have struggled without David Murray ??? What does that have to do with it?

Willie keeps saying his door is open if fans want to meet him and discuss the state and future of the club. Quite tempted to give that a go, because it's frustrating as hell hearing him dodge every single question. Maybe he's just thick and doesnt realise he's doing it.

If this is the clubs answer to the current situation then we're seriously fucked. Pointing to long term aims and claiming our footballing budget is good isnt going to get us away from the bottom of the league by May.

And some of the fans too.

big time. the standards we accept these days are monumentally depressing. Sitting at Ibrox on Saturday I just thought "what the fuck is the point anymore?" There just seems an acceptance of how poor we are, there's a lack of fight/defiance in the support as well as the team. I appreciate it's a vicious circle but it never used to be like this and it's sad. Really, really sad.

big time. the standards we accept these days are monumentally depressing. Sitting at Ibrox on Saturday I just thought "what the fuck is the point anymore?" There just seems an acceptance of how poor we are, there's a lack of fight/defiance in the support as well as the team. I appreciate it's a vicious circle but it never used to be like this and it's sad. Really, really sad.

I was thinking pretty much the same last Saturday too. 

I'll be honest and say I can't tolerate watching my team being dismantled as easily as it was last Saturday.  I grew up watching teams with Mason, Gillhaus, Shearer, Jess, Booth, Grant, Bett etc in them.  If we were utter ding but looked like we gave a fuck then I'd have stayed until the final whistle last Saturday. As it was it looked as though the players had settled for second best the minute the game kicked off. 

I surprised myself by sticking around until about the 65th minute.