Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Reduced terms offered to Out of Contract trio

BobbyBiscuit

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's fucking brutal stoney, easily as bad as Plastic Bertrand.

Im not saying hes a fantastic keeper, but he did fit the bill when we signed him, Not sure what else we could have got for the fee and the wages we are having to offer, hopefully that will change once we get our "High earners" off the gravy train.

Diamond I won't lose much sleep over at all, likewise Young and Ifil.

Aluko is a poor one, McGhee made a total cunt of it with him but Aluko hasn't been able to grow a pair and get on with it, so on balance he can git tae too.

Langfield is the best keeper at the club but I am very much in the "there has to be better out there" camp now but I have no confidence in McGhee's ability to find him, given that Howard was the guy he brought in to challenge Langfield.

I would agree with that, but i go back to what i said about havin a better defence, if you trust your center half to clear their lines then he wouldnt have to come out as often

Langfield Played 7 - Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 5 Conceded 20 and no clean sheets

Howard Played 10 Won 5 Drawn 0 Lost 5 Conceded 12 and 3 clean sheets.

I know who i'd want in my goals on saturday

Nice stats  :thumbsup:

Diamond I won't lose much sleep over at all, likewise Young and Ifil.

Aluko is a poor one, McGhee made a total cunt of it with him but Aluko hasn't been able to grow a pair and get on with it, so on balance he can git tae too.

Langfield is the best keeper at the club but I am very much in the "there has to be better out there" camp now but I have no confidence in McGhee's ability to find him, given that Howard was the guy he brought in to challenge Langfield.

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: How is it Mcghee's Fault that Aluko doesnt want to be here?

Howard was Neilsons replacement, how can you justify spending any amount of the budget replacing a keeper who was only called upon three times last season  ;D

Can't justify spending ANY of the budget on a keeper to provide competition for Langfield? A competent keeper, not asking much is it? Howard ain't that.

McGhee and Aluko seem not to have "hit it off" to put it mildly, but this happens quite frequently, I am disappointed with McGhee not managing the situation well enough with one of our more important players and I'm just as disappointed in Aluko's subsequent apparent long term huff.

Of course he fucking is - hes kept more clean sheets and conceded fewer goals - he is doing his job - providing langfield with cempetition. Howard is more than competitant - espeshially given the restrictions Mcghee is being asked to work under. Howard should be our number one keeper - Im sure we will be able to find a much better keeper using langfields wages in the next window ;)

I dont know how you can talk round a player who doesnt want to be at the club, i dont think any manager in the world could - well apart from fergie but even then more often then not said player is just punted, Aluko should never have been signed by the club in the first place, any idiot could see his heart isnt in it - ever.

Wasn't Aluko one of the players that MM was talking about as one of the first teamers who are injured as a means of mitigation for our 11 game 'blip'?

what's gonna be the excuse if he's not even there in Feb?

this is not necessarily a dig at the manager, but it seems odd if we are saying we are struggling without x in our team, only to punt x 2 months later.

Aberdeen’s footballers can expect reduced contract offers if they want to stay at Pittodrie. Defenders Zander Diamond and Jerel Ifil, goalkeeper Jamie Langfield, midfielder Derek Young and forward Chris Maguire will be free agents at the of the season.

They can all sign pre-contract agreements with other clubs from January 1, but tumbling attendances, combined with the continuing impact of the collapse of Irish broadcaster Setanta, means the terms on offer will be reduced.

The Dons have the fourth-highest football budget in the SPL behind Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. But, with home gates now falling below 8,000 and the club’s focus on funding a move to a new stadium at Loirston Loch on the southern outskirts of the city, the days of big spending to retain players have gone.

Many of the first-team squad will have to cope with a basic wage, topped up by appearance and win bonuses.

Whether that is enough to retain the key players who will be crucial to manager Mark McGhee’s hopes of improving a team which is facing a season-long struggle against relegation after only three wins and one draw from the opening 13 league games remains to be seen.

Football agent Kevin Drinkell, who brokered Charlie Mulgrew’s move from Aberdeen to Celtic in the summer, reckons another downsize is looming in the SPL and a move south of the border might not offer salvation.

He said: “Clubs have their budget and those which have overspent have found themselves in trouble. There seems to be more of a realisation about what is realistic.

“The bulk of money in football seems to be media driven and the SPL finds itself in the unfortunate position of dealing with the demise of Setanta.

“The gap between the SPL and the English Championship and League 1 is still there, but even now there is some squeezing of the market in England.

“There has been a tightening of the belts.

“I always tell players they can create their own wealth if they perform.”

Dons director of football Willie Miller will have to persuade players to sign new contracts but a club spokesman said: “We will have one of the most competitive budgets in the SPL but it is no secret all clubs are in a similar position.”

I'm still waiting for them to arrive

surely we should scrap diamond's contract, offer aluko reduced terms and do everything we can to keep langfield?

what the fuck is going on when clangers seems to be coming out of a slump in form, seems to have made the jersey his, we REDUCE the terms we're offering him???

If he doesn't walk he's mental. What a fucking shambles. Everyfuckingthing AFC does these days actually makes me want to rape myself in the face.

what the fuck is going on when clangers seems to be coming out of a slump in form, seems to have made the jersey his, we REDUCE the terms we're offering him???

Because of one good game?  He'll still be offered a good wage I'd imagine, if he doesn't want to sign it, tough shit. He's not Theo Snelders.

Many of the first-team squad will have to cope with a basic wage, topped up by appearance and win bonuses.

Surely they should be doing this already to encourage some kind of attempt at starting to win some games and stopping us being relegated.  Flippin nora, what the fuck is it going to take to keep Aberdeen in the SPL as I'm having serious doubts about our current abilities . . . .  :hammer:

Because of one good game?  He'll still be offered a good wage I'd imagine, if he doesn't want to sign it, tough shit. He's not Theo Snelders.

We will not have a keeper as good as snelders until after the lot of us are long dead, if at all. Better than Langfield is pushing it too.

One game he did very well in. The others he did nothing wrong, but was left completely isolated. The slump in form was the end of last season but the lack of confidence from that was still an issue, due to never getting a run of games.

Now that the confidence looked to be coming back, he seemed to me to be finally putting that loss of form behind him...and he gets shafted.

If an employer did that to me I'd probably see my future being anywhere but there. We are not a team that can burn bridges with our only half decent players. If he was holding us to ransom like the jokers last year then fine, but he's always appeared to be straight with us.

We will not have a keeper as good as snelders until after the lot of us are long dead, if at all.

Won't disagree with that, but that's my point.

Better than Langfield is pushing it too.

Nonsense.

One game he did very well in. The others he did nothing wrong, but was left completely isolated.

I thought he was chronic at Fir Park.