Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Sone: Even I'm fucked off with McGhee

Harcus

ABERDEEN winger Sone Aluko could be set for the exit door after insisting he's fed up being Mark McGhee's fall guy for the club's abysmal form.

Dons gaffer McGhee last night attempted to diffuse the situation by admitting he is to blame for the winger's failure to hit top form this term because he rushed him back from injury.

But that may not be enough to pacify the Nigerian who feels he has been unfairly targeted at Pittodrie.

Aluko is furious at his gaffer's public slurs and the fact he was subbed in the 9-0 hammering by Celtic.

He said: "I'm always expected to score and create goals. I'm getting used to what the manager says about me every Sunday.

"If the team isn't winning or creating I'm always the one people say hasn't performed well enough."

The former Birmingham star's contract is up at the end of the season.

But McGhee has attempted to clear the air by admitting he is responsible for the 21-year-old's patchy displays.

The Dons boss said: "Sone was only out of plaster after the Achilles injury for about three days before he was on the pitch again.

"It wasn't ideal but he was happy to give it a go as he knew we had no one else.

"Sone deserves praise for his commitment. He still went out and gave what he could even though he knew there was a chance he might get criticised."

The under-fire Pittodrie gaffer was at least given something to smile about yesterday with the news on-loan Udinese defender Nikola Vujadinovic and winger Peter Pawlett have resumed training.

McGhee said: "They should be ready for the festive period and that's great news."

From the Daily Retard.

Is he fuck - hes pish - i count count the amount of half decent games he has had on one hand! He wont be any loss at all - he will simply be replaced by someone who is hungry and does want to he play for AFC - if we dont have someone of alukos "ability" in the reserves then i suggest we shut the doors now because we are well and truely fucked

Is he fuck - hes pish - i count count the amount of half decent games he has had on one hand! He wont be any loss at all - he will simply be replaced by someone who is hungry and does want to he play for AFC - if we dont have someone of alukos "ability" in the reserves then i suggest we shut the doors now because we are well and truely fucked

Asides from Pawlett he's the only player who ever has anything close to flashes of brilliance. Aye, he doesn't do it anywhere near enough but the fact is that he has it in him to produce match wining performances. When he runs at defences with any kind of purpose and determination he's fantastic to watch. It's no surprise that his decline has come under the stewardship of the most inept manager we've ever had.

Asides from Pawlett he's the only player who ever has anything close to flashes of brilliance. Aye, he doesn't do it anywhere near enough but the fact is that he has it in him to produce match wining performances. When he runs at defences with any kind of purpose and determination he's fantastic to watch. It's no surprise that his decline has come under the stewardship of the most inept manager we've ever had.

:clap: +1

Never a truer word said.

How anyone can openly back Mark McGhee, and then claim Aluko is "fucking murder" is astonishing. 

Well done stoney, you're awesome.

Where have I backed Mcghee?

Have only seen one good performance from him this season, at home to hibs - when the opposition wernt exactly up to much! The rest is just pure frustrating to watch, he was one of those players who cost calderwood his job - only played when he wanted too - dont make him out to be a great players, he is a player nobody else wanted or wants. In order to have a decline you would have to have a starting point in the first place.

Im not sure where this opinion that he was some sort of world beater under calderwood has came from! Just another in a long line of frustrating players who clearly have ability but their shocking attitude and general application let them down.

Replaced? Lolatronz!

Where have I backed Mcghee?

fishing.gif

Correction, what i actually said is that he hasnt been given any amount of backing and that the situation is not entirely his fault.

I feel sorrow for the guy, i dont think he has been given a fair backing by the board.

What i also said that was the board should either back him or sack him.

::) Home or Away? He was fucking abysmal at the away game St Johnstone probably the worst player on the pitch, saturday he wasted one of the best chances you are every likely to get in a game and his passing was rank awful.

Hibs game he was outstanding, Hamilton he had a decent game, nothing special but he did ok.