Next Manager Poll MkII

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Strachan - too dear, would he want to work with no budget?

Jocky Scott - could be an option, bags of experience, question of not having managed at top-level recently?

Alan Curbishley  - too dear

Paul Hartley - not that terrible a plan IMO. However, a rookie would be a massive risk given we're in a relegation battle.

George Burley  - seems to be doing OK at Palace? therefore unrealistic.

Darren Ferguson  - can't imagine we'd be very attractive prospect for him. May be unemployed soon though

Billy Stark  - good record with youngsters, but has failed at club level in past.

Craig Brown  - wouldn't want to leave Motherwell for us IMO, and why would he? Compensation issues.

Derek McInnes - see compensation issues. St Johnstone have nearly been as bad as us this season. Again, are we an atractive prospect for anyone employed in the SPL?

Eric Black - too dear to buy out contract perhaps? Would he want to give up a good job to come to a risky one?

A name that seems to have been dropped is John McGlynn. Worth a closer look I think.

If those were the actual choices I'd stick with the guy I thought should have been brought in when Calderwood was punted, even if it would cost (even) more money and regardless of him being an ex-jute and ex-hun.

McInnes.

At the same time any one of those would be acceptable as far as I am concerned.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9248781.stm

Terry Butcher, who has led Inverness Caledonian Thistle to promotion and who now lie fourth in the SPL, has emerged as an early favourite.

Former Aberdeen midfielder Gordon Strachan, unemployed after leaving Middlesbrough, and Jimmy Calderwood, who was McGhee's predecessor at Pittodrie, are also possible candidates.

Alan Pardew anyone?

Just throwing it out there....

Drives a Lambourghini (sp?) because he couldn't afford one as a player, lost his last two jobs because he was shagging girlfriends/wives of his own players. We've got enough fannies at Pittodrie without a fanny in a mid life crisis leading the rest of the fannies.

So, that's a no from me...  ;)

Drives a Lambourghini (sp?) because he couldn't afford one as a player, lost his last two jobs because he was shagging girlfriends/wives of his own players. We've got enough fannies at Pittodrie without a fanny in a mid life crisis leading the rest of the fannies.

So, that's a no from me...  ;)

Fair enough,  I hadn't heard any of that.

Just trying to think something out of left field.

I see Curbishley's on Sky Sports 1 just now. His phone hasn't rung yet...

Fair enough,  I hadn't heard any of that.

Just trying to think something out of left field.

I see Curbishley's on Sky Sports 1 just now. His phone hasn't rung yet...

Wasn't having a go at you Kow, he is actually a decent manager but not sure he's what our youngsters should be looking up to.