Next Manager Poll MkII

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever gets the job will have my full support as ever.  Saying that, I despise that cunt McGlynn

Why do you hate McGlynn? I'm asking as I don't know alot about him, apart from what he has done at my local team Raith Rovers.

As I just posted in McGhee gone thread, McGlynn was a name mentioned to me several weeks ago as our potential next manager.

BBC story now including Hughes and Gus fucking MacPherson in their updated story:

Terry Butcher, who has led Inverness Caledonian Thistle to promotion and who now lie fourth in the SPL, has been strongly linked with the vacancy, as has former Aberdeen midfielder Gordon Strachan, unemployed after leaving Middlesbrough.

But less costly options like former Hibernian manager John Hughes, ex-St Mirren boss Gus MacPherson, or Scotland Under-21 coach Billy Stark are more realistic targets.

Speculation will also link Jimmy Calderwood, who was McGhee's predecessor, with a return to Pittodrie.

Then we can go about bringing in someone who might move us on a bit.

Dare I say it... to take us to the next level?

Voted Curbishley, but probably too expensive.. Totally agree with the organisational ability for the defence thou.

Oh, and get Leighton back as gk coach to sort out langfield.

none of the above, let's do it right this time. Actually interview candidates and appoint the most impressive one ! If any of the above are that man then fair enough, but I think there would be more interesting applicants.

Steve Clarke is quite interesting, great connections and proper training ground coach ( may see an improvement in our developing youngsters like Mackie and Diamond at last ). Someone has to give him a go and it honestly couldn't be any worse could it??

I'd certainly be happy if we approached Curbishley.

Good manager, brought through several decent youngsters through his clubs and seemed to be able to buy decent players for reasonable amounts.

Seemed to be able to get good results from (relatively) limited resources at Charlton.

Won't be doing it for the money - seeing as he got a couple million in compensation from West Ham last year.

He might need a map to find us tho' - bar a spell in Birmingham, it looks like he likes the London area.........

None of the above. The problem is I can't think of anyone. There must be a young manager somewhere in England creating a stir. Or an Owen Coyle type appointment, that was pretty inspired by St Johnstone, we need something like that but I guess it's not an easy to find and make such an appointment. Especially at a club like Aberdeen where the pressure is now huge.

Nobody really stands out as a manager so I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Clarke given a chance. Has done well as a coach so why not. Seems to have done well with player/coach relations and having been at high profile clubs should be used to dealing with player egos. Plus I'd like to think over the years that he has decent contacts for loans/transfers.

No way to JC as that's going backwards not forwards. Too wary now of ex players getting the job as legends WM and MM have done it and it's painful to see them fall/fail, plus I just don't see Eric Black or Strachan ever want the job.

Personally think we should take a step back for a few weeks and make the right decision this time, Some of the names being banded about really worry me - dont think we should be taking anyone from Scotland, Think we need to be looking at someone from down south with a half decent track record.

I would be genuinly worried if anybody like Mcglynn got the job.

Personally think we should be looking at an english boss, but again who?