Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

New Manager Mk III

mizer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly a bit of a myth.

But your underlying point was echoed in this morning's P&J re Collins, our more "sociable" players wouldn't like him. I think it should name these cunts in print.

Providing the players took to his methods I'd rather have Collins in than any other name I've heard so far.

Not being cheeky here, but what is that based on? Never really been anywhere for any length of time to my knowledge.

I thought he did well in his time at Hibs, won them the League Cup and had them in a decent league position when he left.  It's not a must for our new manager but from memory he had Hibs playing some pretty decent football.

Was asked to steer Charleroi away from relegation in the Belgian league and succeeded.

I know that's not much to go on but I haven't heard any other names who have really stood out.

Thinking out of the box here, how about Richard Gough? I know he's a hun through and through but he did well with Livingstone and may be the cheap, young manager option we might be looking for. Could certainly inspire the team and maybe get Diamond back to something that resembles a football player!

Thinking out of the box here, how about Richard Gough? I know he's a hun through and through but he did well with Livingstone and may be the cheap, young manager option we might be looking for. Could certainly inspire the team and maybe get Diamond back to something that resembles a football player!

Sit yourself down, take a few deep breaths and sip some water.

These are stressful times for all of us but you have to try and keep yourself under control.

Supposedly a bit of a myth.

But your underlying point was echoed in this morning's P&J re Collins, our more "sociable" players wouldn't like him. I think it should name these cunts in print.

Basically you're looking at the old-guard from the Ebbe days:

Mackie

Young

Wouldn't surprise me if they've taken some of the newer young'uns with them too, including Bebo, Pawlett, Paton, etc.

Would Hughes be that bad an option? He failed miserably at Hibs. But then he's done so well with every other club he's managed! Possibly issues with being a die-hard Hibee ultimately backfired on him? Same way Willie Miller and Mark McGhee (and to an extent Paterson) have failed to do anything with Aberdeen.

Our most successful Aberdeen managers of the past three decades have both been huns (Fergie and Calderwood).

Mackie doesn't drink but feel free to have a pop at him anyway.  ::)

And when have there ever been any stories about Mackie or Young getting themselves into trouble?

Dunno about these days, bu Mackie used to be in the papers regularly with his social antics circa 2001-2004. Whether it be going out on benders with the likes of Ben Thornley to him puffing away on cigarettes. Maybe he's changed his ways now, but Mackie was certainly no model-athlete at the turn of the millenium.

Thinking about it - would John Hughes be that bad a choice? He has experience of a relegation battle in which Falkirk werent relegated. Might need someone in with that experience just now

This is total drunk chat, but Collins has not ruled himself out of the job and may be going for an interview, I blame this chat all on a GR who spoke to him 2 days ago.

Mackie doesn't drink but feel free to have a pop at him anyway.  ::)

And when have there ever been any stories about Mackie or Young getting themselves into trouble?

Well thats a lie. I've seen Mackie act like a total fanny in upstairs in Liquid, Young was with him. Although Young seemed pretty sober. Mackie certainly wasn't.

Well thats a lie. I've seen Mackie act like a total fanny in upstairs in Liquid, Young was with him. Although Young seemed pretty sober. Mackie certainly wasn't.

He used to be out and about all the time when I was in 1st year of Uni, not seem him recently though.

My source says Billy Stark had lunch with Willie Miller and Stewart Milne on Wednesday,