Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

New Manager Mk III

mizer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say he's a bigger gamble for us than us for him. Not sure why it's only a matter of time he gets a Championship job as the clubs were hardly queuing up for him since he got the dunt at Hull.  If he takes it then he's not doing it as a favour for us and if he takes it without doing his homework then he's off his head, but not as off his head as the AFC board who do their homework and still decide to offer him the position.

Just because he's managed at the level he has does not mean he was any good at that level. He's made some horrendous decisions in his short managerial career, most of which showed an astounding lack of understanding of the situation; whether that was the half time team talk on the pitch (as a former player, how did he even think that was a good idea?), the "Wenger didn't shake my hand" when he actually did, he fell out with players at a drop of a hat supposedly (according to George Boateng), the whole "I saved a suicidal woman" lie...

Take a look at him when he was an assistant manager, and take a look at him now. He's full of himself and more pertinently, he is a bit of a shit manager. I'm not interested in him using AFC as a vehicle for self promotion.

Maybe I'm giving Brown too much credit for what Taylor had created before him (+/- whatever  Parkinson did) at Hull. I also couldn't give a fuck what he's like as a person if he's a cunt I'm fine with that, in fact I probably would prefer it if our manager was someone opposition fans hated. Granted he has made mistakes but hopefully he has learnt from them.

On the positive side he's a big personality and reasonably high profile two things I think we could do with, he has pulled a club away from the relegation places before and got them performing way above their natural level. I'd also think he may command some kind of respect from some of our more vocal but mentally challenged players who will have seen him on match of the day and so assume he's some kind of footballing mastermind.

Maybe I'm giving Brown too much credit for what Taylor had created before him (+/- whatever  Parkinson did) at Hull. I also couldn't give a fuck what he's like as a person if he's a cunt I'm fine with that, in fact I probably would prefer it if our manager was someone opposition fans hated. Granted he has made mistakes but hopefully he has learnt from them.

But he's that much of a cunt that our own fans will hate him. He's not a cunt in the sense Fergie was/is seen as by opposition fans, he's a cunt because his priorities seem to be all wrong. He wants to look good ahead of his team's welfare. Look at him on the last day of the season after Hull lost to Man Utd reserves, they'd managed to stay up despite hardly winning a game in 6 months, and he's out there with the microphone singing away about himself, essentially.  That's hardly crime of the century, but do you really think our fans will take to someone like that? The same fans who had a problem with the way Jimmy Calderwood spoke and how he looked?

Even if i didn't think he was a massive bellend, I just don't think his managerial record is anywhere good enough and he isn't actually that experienced despite his age.  Again, they hardly won a game in 6 months. More if you include the start of his second season.