Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Former Den Haag boss throws his hat into the ring

mizer

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/213674-dutch-manager-wants-aberdeen-managers-job/

Raymond Atteveld has expressed an interest in the vacant managerial post at Aberdeen Football Club. STV understands the Dutch manager, last in charge at Eredivisie club ADO Den Haag, has approached the SPL club to alert them of his availability and is waiting for a response from the board.

Atteveld is currently working as an analyst for Dutch television channel RTL, having been sacked by Den Haag in March this year. His reign at the club lasted just over a year, keeping the club in the top flight towards the end of the 2008/09 season by two points.

The club then had another flirtation with relegation the next year, finishing four points above the drop zone. But Atteveld was removed from his post in March, with ADO's website claiming at the time of his dismissal that a change was required to ensure the team's status at the top level remained.

His only other managerial role to date came in February 2007, when he was promoted from the role of assistant to take charge at Roda JC, another Eredivisie side. That tenure was brought to a close in October 2008, with the club going on to reach the league play-offs for a spot in the Europa League.

As a player, Atteveld had a three year spell in England with Everton, making 51 appearances for the Goodison Park club. He also spent a short time on loan at West Ham United in 1992, before playing 14 times for Bristol City before moving to play in Belgium.

Starting his career with Haarlem in 1985, he moved to England in 1989, switching to Waregem in 1993. Spells at Roda, Vitesse and Groningen followed, before he ended his time as a player with three years at ADO Den Haag. Holder of a UEFA Pro Coaching License, Atteveld also spent a year coaching with FC Utrecht before his time at Roda.

Manc/jager - I presume you will know aboot him?

I see John Hughes wants the job. No thanks. I'd rather have the shree people back that we just sacked.

I near chocked on my lasagne when that curly haired not remotely funny fucker on BBC1 said that former Hibernian manager John Hughes wanted the job and was awaiting the call.

Well Yogi you'd be waiting one hell of a long time if it was anything to do with me. Pele or Aitken would get my call ahead of you