Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Is this part of some Jesus complex at Rangers?  Will they be resurrected on Easter Sunday and will Alex Thomson doubt their rise from the dead like the sceptic he is?

:lolabove:

Very good GS though i did have to clean tea from my Keyboard and screen after i stopped laughing.

If the huns liquidate before the tax case comes in does that mean that HMRC will be entitled to fuck all as the business they are pursuing no longer exists?

I believe they can/will then pursue the directors involved in the EBT's, directly.

Apparently they've turned down an offer from West Brom for the tosser that tried to cripple Milsom.

Also the boy from Sale RFC whatever his name has tabled another bid.....not bad considering they made such an issue about the closing date being at least a fortnight ago.

mair fae Alex Thomson:

Exclusive: I’m just off the phone to the ever-loquacious Craig Whyte.

He was driving, but nevertheless very happy to talk.

First off, he describes the story flying around Glasgow, that he has agreed to sell his 85 per cent stake in Rangers to Paul Murray, as “absolute crap”.

He said this was not about to happen and reiterated his point, made to me some days ago, that he is not about to walk away from Rangers without the £30m he is owed for his stake.

He described any liquidation of Rangers as “absolutely unnecessary”.

He said: “What I want to see here is a company voluntary agreement (CVA) as a way out of administration, to preserve the company and the club. I believe that is what fans wish to see, and that is certainly what I wish to see.”

I put it to him that given the debt Rangers could face, only an oligarch or Gulf sheik could stump up the £80m-odd required to kick a football in earnest at Ibrox. He replied: “It doesn’t necessarily come down to that. All Rangers has to do is live in future within its means, and then it has a future.

“I have spoken to all the potential bidders except for Club 9, and from what I see none of these bidders wants to see liquidation.”

alex thomson ? @alextomo

CW tells me "so far as I understand Paul Murray isn't putting in any of his own money" into RFC bid

2:34 PM - 3 Apr 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details

@alextomo is that no a bit "pot-kettle"? And a huge bit cheeky to!

1h Matt Slater Matt Slater ? @mattslaterbbc

He's probably right @alextomo I hear the administrators refer to him as Paul "no money" Murray

WTF?

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/news/sport/302488-rangers-apply-for-a-uefa-club-licence/

Rangers have applied to play in Europe next season, the club's administrators have confirmed.

The Scottish FA's deadline of March 31 for applications has been met, despite the Ibrox side appearing to fall short of two requirements in UEFA's guidelines.

Rangers' lack of audited accounts should, by the letter of the rules, see them unable to qualify for a UEFA Club Licence.

Additionally, the club's failure to meet outstanding tax payments which arose prior to the end of 2011 by the March deadline also fails to meet the basic conditions for a licence.

Rangers went into administration on February 14, having failed to meet PAYE obligations for players and staff of around £9m.

Ally McCoist's team are currently second in the Scottish Premier League table and, if they are granted approval to play in Europe, would play in the third qualifying round of the Champions League on the Non-Champions path.

Article 47 of UEFA’s Club Licensing Criteria states states: “Each licence applicant is required to provide a copy of its audited annual financial statements as defined in respect of the statutory closing date prior to the deadline for submission of the application to the SFA and prior to the deadline for submission of the list of licensing decisions to UEFA. Audited financial statements must include the auditor’s report. The auditor must be independent as defined in Annex 01 / 01.1 of Part 4.”

The Scottish FA requires clubs to forward a copy of audited accounts to them by March 31.

Article 50 refers to payables overdue towards employees and social/tax authorities and states: "Licence applicants must demonstrate that as at 31 March 2012 they have no payables overdue towards their employees or social/tax authorities as a result of contractual and legal obligations towards their employees that arose prior to 31 December 2011."

You have to remember its Rangers.  Rules and laws simply don't apply to them.

You have a point Bobby, but only rules in Scotland.

Even the filth are fucked on this occassion. There is no way that UEFA will make an exception for them. Rangers to UEFA are an insignificant little club in the context of today's European club football.

You have a point Bobby, but only rules in Scotland.

Even the filth are fucked on this occassion. There is no way that UEFA will make an exception for them. Rangers to UEFA are an insignificant little bigoted club in the context of today's European club football.

Their previous in terms of chanting and behaviour should hopefully see them hammered by UEFA.

well I should bloody well think so:

SFA to divert Rangers cup tie money cash to Dundee United

By Jim Spence BBC Scotland

The Scottish FA say Dundee United will receive £35,000 of the outstanding money from their Scottish Cup tie against Rangers in February.

This payment "has been offset from broadcasting revenue that, under normal circumstances, would have been distributed to Rangers".

Rangers entered administration 11 days after the cup tie at Ibrox on 5 February, which Dundee United on 2-0.

The SFA issued a notice of complaint against Rangers for not paying United .

The club and its owner Craig Whyte were due to appear at a hearing relating to that and other charges last week but it has been delayed .

An SFA spokesman said: "The Scottish FA has notified Dundee United that they will this week receive £35,000 of the outstanding money from their William Hill Scottish Cup tie against Rangers in February.

"This money will help meet part of the overdue payable to the club and has been offset from broadcasting revenue from the competition that, under normal circumstances, would have been distributed to Rangers.

"The Scottish FA has informed both clubs."

A separate issue of unpaid monies following a league game between United and Rangers was settled earlier this week.

Rangers forward Sone Aluko is wanted by Spanish top flight side Rayo Vallecano, STV understands.

The Nigerian moved to Glasgow on a free transfer in November, signing a deal to keep him at Ibrox until the end of the season.

Rangers hold the option to extend his contract for a further two years but, with the club currently in administration, doubt remains over his long-term future.

Rayo, who are 12th in La Liga with eight games to go, have stepped in to over Aluko an exit from the SPL and has been subject to talks between the club and his representatives earlier this week.

"A Rayo Vallecano official was in Glasgow on Tuesday holding contract talks with Sone Aluko's agent," a spokesperson for the club told STV.

"We believe Aluko has all the qualities to play in La Liga."

Aluko's move to Rangers last year was almost scuppered by a compensation wrangle with his former club Aberdeen.

In the end, the 23-year-old had to pay a significant part of a £150,000 figure to join Ally McCoist's team out of his own pocket.

Aluko has impressed in his 17 appearances for Rangers, finding the net on six occasions, as well as scoring the opening goal in the recent Glasgow derby.

from the beeb

Rangers' administrators estimate that the club's total debts could top £134m.

The figure is revealed in the administrator's report to creditors published on the club's website.

A total of more than £93m is being claimed by HM Revenue and Customs, relating to the so-called big and small tax cases, and unpaid VAT and PAYE.

The report also reveals Rangers owe cash to other football clubs including Celtic, Hearts, Dundee United, Manchester City and Arsenal.