Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

A Ticketus spokesman said: "Ticketus is no longer able to play a role in the [blue Knights] consortium's bid for The Rangers Football Club plc at this stage.

"Ticketus first and foremost has a duty to its investors to protect the investment that it currently has in the club. Our willingness to work with all interested bidders, and to try and be part of a solution for the club, was undertaken with the objective to agree terms that would satisfy both our investors' needs as well as being in the interests of the club, its fans and its creditors.

"Regrettably over the course of this week it became impossible to reconcile these interests with the proposals put forward by the Blue Knights as the terms of a deal became clearer.

"We do not wish to attach any blame to the failure of these talks as, while there have been frustrations on all sides at times, we believe all parties have been acting in good faith to agree terms.

"Paul Murray and the Blue Knights have the interests of the club at heart and we wish them well as they continue to try to secure the best outcome for the club and its fans. We hope that a swift resolution can be found for the club that will enable it to continue to play a leading role in Scottish football."

Will they?

They don't owe them anything yet and they can't put future debt into a cva surely?

As soon as filth start selling season tickets money to ticketus immediately becomes due and they become just another unsecured creditor. Or thats what it said in the press a few weeks ago.

A Ticketus spokesman said: "Ticketus is no longer able to play a role in the [blue Knights] consortium's bid for The Rangers Football Club plc at this stage.

"Ticketus first and foremost has a duty to its investors to protect the investment that it currently has in the club. Our willingness to work with all interested bidders, and to try and be part of a solution for the club, was undertaken with the objective to agree terms that would satisfy both our investors' needs as well as being in the interests of the club, its fans and its creditors.

"Regrettably over the course of this week it became impossible to reconcile these interests with the proposals put forward by the Blue Knights as the terms of a deal became clearer.

"We do not wish to attach any blame to the failure of these talks as, while there have been frustrations on all sides at times, we believe all parties have been acting in good faith to agree terms.

"Paul Murray and the Blue Knights have the interests of the club at heart and we wish them well as they continue to try to secure the best outcome for the club and its fans. We hope that a swift resolution can be found for the club that will enable it to continue to play a leading role in Scottish football."

I'm going to guess the court case Duff and Phelps brought questioning the validity of Ticketus' claim on future season ticket sales has been found in favour of Ticketus.

hunbelievable:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4284577/Were-special-we-cannot-be-treated-same-as-other-clubs.html

We’re special, we cannot be treated same as other clubs

MAKING POINT ... McCoist believes the Old Firm pair deserve preferential treatment

MAKING POINT ... McCoist believes the Old Firm pair deserve preferential treatment

Pic: PA

ONE rule for Rangers and Celtic.

Another one for the rest.

Non-Old Firm fans have believed it for years.

But last night it was Ally McCoist who claimed that’s the way Scottish football works.

And what’s more, that’s the way it simply MUST be.

McCoist insists he accepts Rangers should be punished for the way they have gone about their business in recent times.

But kicking them out of the SPL?

Don’t make the Ibrox boss laugh.

Rangers might be on their knees financially, but McCoist reckons the fact they are due stiff sanctions DOESN’T mean they should be hit with them.

He said: “In an ideal world, whatever the punishment should be for Rangers, that should be it.

“If it’s Division Three, then great. That should be the punishment.

“But Scottish football is not an ideal world. These fans, thankfully, won’t get their wish. Because they might think it’s the right thing to do, but it wouldn’t suit them.

“It’s a contradiction for me to say it, but Rangers and Celtic are special cases. Whether we like that or not, they are special cases. Because they are the main two clubs, by far, in Scottish football.

“Fans of other clubs can say ‘don’t care, send them down,’ and that might be right.

“But it’s not going to help our game, so we all have a problem.

“Do we do the right thing? Or do we do the right thing for the game? Everyone has their own opinion.

“But we all have a dilemma here. Is it the right thing to do for Scottish football? No.

“It might be the right thing to do morally. But is it really the right thing to do for Scottish football? Obviously not.”

Tomorrow. Celtic Park. 12.45pm.

That’s exactly where and when the watching world will see the best of what our game has to offer.

Some Scottish football fans may disagree. But McCoist firmly believes that with all his heart.

He’s experienced this game first hand many times and the prospect of seeing the fixture disappear just doesn’t bear thinking about for the Rangers boss.

He added: “I really hope not, that goes without saying. But you have to say there is that possibility.

“I don’t think anybody wants to see that. But it is a possibility.

“With that in mind should we look around on Sunday and appreciate it? Yes. Without a doubt.

“The result went our way in the last Old Firm game, which they don’t always do.

“But the last game was an absolute joy to be involved in. It had every emotion going. The supporters were sensational. With 84 minutes gone I wanted the game to go on until 9pm.

“Six minutes later I was looking at the referee demanding a peep peep of the whistle.

“I went in for a lie down right afterwards. But that’s what it’s all about. Crazy.

“I just can’t wait for Sunday. It’s great, I wish it was today.

“We will get dogs abuse, but that is what it is all about.

“I thought the atmosphere at the last Old Firm game was as good as I have ever heard.

“I have been lucky enough to see 100, whatever it would be. I thought the atmosphere at our place was brilliant.

“Our supporters were sensational. Celtic’s fans were defiant, as if they weren’t bothered about the result. It was great, it was magic.

“There were people there I knew that had never been to an Old Firm game and they were completely mesmerised by it.

“Scottish football is getting blasted about all over the place just now.

“But when we have a product like that, and you can argue about the quality of the football if you want, that can provide an atmosphere and sporting environment like that, we have to be proud of it.”

McCoist would be forgiven for going right through this week with the Old Firm game the last thing on his mind.

But he insisted: “It’s been thought about by me, believe me. I’m really looking forward to the game now.

“Celtic are deserving champions. They have had a bizarre couple of weeks — losing the League Cup Final, then winning the League and getting knocked out of the Scottish Cup.

“They have had their ups and downs too. Nothing like our ups and downs, but it has certainly been an eventful month over at Parkhead as well.

“Dear me, it seems just like yesterday was the last Old Firm game. It is one that stays in our memories, it was a great day for us and we played really well, apart from a bizarre five minutes.

“And Celtic will absolutely be wanting to beat us and prove that they are worthy SPL champions, especially in their own ground.

“It’s a real chance for us to do what we have been doing well in recent weeks and the players putting everything behind them and going out and playing and doing what they do best and getting results.”

But the backdrop hanging over this game couldn’t be any worse for Rangers.

It’s hard to even imagine what kind of team they’ll have the next time these sides meet. Gers could lose their biggest and best players in the summer, leaving McCoist with inexperienced kids to work with and select.

Could they compete. McCoist doesn’t think so.

Walter Smith claimed earlier in the week he feared they’d finish bottom of the SPL and McCoist nods in agreement.

He added: “Easily. Very easily.

“Kids couldn’t survive, I don’t think. Look at the kids fighting against relegation for Dunfermline and Hibernian. And look at the experience they have in their teams.

“It’s unfortunate for those two clubs this year that they are at the bottom end of the table.

“I think it would be extremely difficult for a team of kids to stay in the SPL.

“But this is my club. This is where we are and you can’t pick and choose or say ‘Know what? This doesn’t suit me’.

“I think you just have to do your level best.”

I normally give not one fuck about an old form score unless there is a benefit to Aberdeen fromone of the Fuckers winning...... Been a while since that has been the case.

I truly hope the tims take them to the cleaners tomorrow, it will be the straw that breaks the camels back for so many huns

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17877910

:lolabove:

No chance, this has all the ingredients to turn into a classic hun mob hate-fest.  Guaranteed to get out of hand.

Having nothing better to do this afternoon I can't quite resist the temptation to pop out for a laugh and go and see how this turns, although it's looking like it may rain soon so I may just sit and watch the snooker. 

Not my pic, had to leave as I was feeling a bit nauseated.

eVENQ.png

That banner? "For we are the people".

What have the SNP done to upset them unless they are also protesting about not being allowed to sing about killing catholics.  And how exactly do they boycott the SFA?  I suggest they could cancel their subscriptions and had back their licence.

Also according to a lot of signs "SFA sanctions cost jobs", eh?

Scottish Premier League clubs will vote on financial fair play proposals on Monday under the threat of retribution from Rangers supporters.

Celebrated former Rangers player Sandy Jardine, who still works for the club, has warned that fans were ready to take "appropriate action" against any clubs and organisations who they feel are acting unfairly towards them.

Although there were few details on what was deemed unfair action and what any response might be, fans' groups are ready to boycott away grounds to hit rival clubs financially.

Speaking after a meeting of the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund at Ibrox on Saturday, Jardine said: "We will wait to see what the SPL and the SFA do with the supposed sanctions and, after that, we as a body will take appropriate action against either the governing bodies or the individual clubs we feel have been detrimental to Rangers Football Club.

"There is nothing off the table, we will wait and see what the SFA and SPL do.

"They might not take any action, which is great. But if they do then we will address these actions in an appropriate manner."

The potential new regulations were composed in the wake of the Ibrox club's descent into administration in February amid a potential debt of £134million, the final figure depending on the outcome of a tax tribunal.

Rangers, who owed money to several SPL colleagues and English and foreign clubs, were docked 10 points this season but under the proposals, any club subject to an insolvency event would be deducted at least 15. If the Ibrox club remain in administration at the start of next season, they would be docked a third of this season's tally.

New rules would also hit so-called 'newco' clubs, should they be permitted to take over a club's SPL share.

Such a route out of Rangers' debt problems is favoured by American Bill Miller, the favourite to acquire preferred bidder status.

The new rules would see Miller's Rangers docked 10 points for two seasons and lose 75% of their SPL income for three years.

Miller's bid remains conditional on seeking comfort and clarity from the SPL and SFA, who are set to hear an appeal against a £160,000 fine and 12-month transfer embargo imposed on Rangers by their judicial panel.

Miller's plans could also fall by the wayside over employment law which states that employees would not be obliged to transfer to a new company, making an exodus of first-team players a strong possibility.

And there were suggestions this weekend that a transfer embargo would prevent a new Rangers registering players from the current club, leaving Miller with a stadium and training ground but no players, although such a scenario appears far-fetched.

The SPL agenda also includes plans to change the voting structure to a 75% majority away from the current layered approach which sees major change needing an 11-1 majority.

With Celtic firmly opposed and the 10 non-Glasgow clubs in favour, the issue could be used for leverage in the talks over sanctions affecting Rangers.

Although the SPL proposals could finish off Miller's newco plans, which most Rangers fans are opposed to, the supporters groups appear more angry towards clubs and bodies looking to punish the club's financial mismanagement.

Jardine, who led a march of an estimated 7,000 Rangers fans to Hampden to protest against SPL sanctions, said: "There is a feeling in the supporters' group that they have been kicked that much, that if we have to we will go to the Third Division."

What an utter cunt of a man.  Somebody needs to get a grip of these cunts and sort them out.  All their problems are their own, they are nothing to do with other clubs.