Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

That in the course of September 2011 Mr Ken Olverman had sight of the said invoices. The nature and format of the invoices was entirely different to that of invoices raised within the finance office of Rangers FC. He was of the view that it appeared as though “Clip Art” computer processes had been involved in their creation. They did not appear to him to resemble any invoices he had ever seen issued by Rangers FC. Having sight of the invoices confirmed his view even further that theyhad not been created within the finance office of Rangers FC.

Someones going to jail

Tomorrow's Daily Record:-

large.jpg

Not sure I agree. Cheating is cheating. Fixing to lose, or committing fraud on such a grand scale that the results are unnatural seems much of a muchness to me.

Imagine, even better than Rangers not being in football anymore, the FANS piss off too!!!

I just came.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4311533/Letting-Rangers-back-in-would-shame-SPL.html

Morally bankrupt

THE chairmen of our SPL clubs need to ‘man-up’ and grow a big pair of cojones.

Rather than justifying why a newco Rangers is needed in our top league, they should be putting sporting integrity before cash.

Those are the stark choices for the men involved.

Kilmarnock’s Michael Johnston and Dundee United’s Stephen Thompson have spoken about the dilemma facing the SPL and how difficult a position they are in.

Well, I’m sorry boys — there’s never actually been an easier decision to make. If the clubs put money before principle and allow a newco Rangers straight back into the SPL, our game will officially be bankrupt of any morality whatsoever.

After all, what they would effectively be saying is that the Old Firm could NEVER be relegated because of their monetary value.

That is wrong and unforgivable for a sport to admit as much.

Sure, without Rangers the clubs would need to realign their wage structure and they would also have to work a damn sight harder commercially to survive.

Having said that, it’s got to be better than destroying any credibility the league has. If football clubs are in existence because of the money Rangers or Celtic generate for them, it’s time for them to take a step back and think again.

After all, given that both Celtic and Rangers have been trying to escape to England over the last decade or so, the other clubs should have already been planning to stand tall on their own two feet rather than living off their coat tails.

To run any business like that is bordering on negligent.

If my business partner and I budgeted our company finances as heavily on the contribution of our two largest clients we would be neglecting our responsibilities as directors of the firm and our duties to our staff and suppliers.

Other businesses will know exactly where I’m coming from. Sure, things will be good for a while, but when either of those clients leave, we would have a major problem.

That’s exactly what the SPL clubs have allowed to happen. They have spent money based on commercial activities they cannot affect for far too long.

Rangers’ situation should make them realise they are vulnerable operating in that manner.

Each club should base their budget on the home fans they have every week and not take into account ANY travelling support.

That number added to any self-generated revenue streams such as sponsorship, corporate hospitality, advertising, shirt sales, commercial activities and any other GUARANTEED payments is what should be forming the overall projected turnover of the business now.

Any opposing fans, TV money, cup runs and SPL payments should be considered as bonuses and could be added to the following season’s budget, as it’s money already received, or simply put into the bank to help reduce the debts at a club.

I’ll make no excuse for saying this, but if less money means lower wages and fewer players then that’s the way it has to be.

Of course, on a more positive note, clubs could concentrate even harder on bringing through their own young players who don’t cost as much and could be sold for considerable profit if they develop them properly.

It’s time to accept that, even with Celtic and Rangers, there is not enough money to carry the current squads and wage structures.

Scottish football will never be a rich environment and it won’t ever be able to compete with the English leagues on finance.

We should accept that and simply do the best we can.

But that doesn’t mean we can’t develop players and build an even stronger national side.

Tell me which Serbian, Croatian, Polish, Danish, Irish or Czech Republic club is awash with cash? Didn’t think so. Even with weak leagues their nations still have players who are plying their trade in the top leagues across Europe. There is nothing to stop Scotland doing the same.

Alternatively, the SPL and chief executive Neil Doncaster can welcome a new Rangers into their fold and continue to scrape by as if nothing had ever happened.

Well, other than selling their souls to the Devil.

8 million quid apparently, I don't understand the kind of money that's being discussed, it's washers compared with what's probably needed and in comparison with their liabilities.

Supposed to be about 20 folk in this consortium, rumoured to include Freddie Sheppard fae Newcastle.

Surely the only way this could possibly work would be £8M to buy Ibrox and the player registrations from the OldCo, which would presumably then be liquidated. 

I don't know much about the property market, but this must surely be too low a figure to buy Ibrox. Hopefully there is a mechanism by which HMRC can block it and claim Greyskull for themselves.

I don't know much about the property market, but this must surely be too low a figure to buy Ibrox. Hopefully there is a mechanism by which HMRC can block it and claim Greyskull for themselves.

I know of a building & grounds in a decent area perfect for residential or a hotel which 4 years ago would have been valued at close to 2.5million but now the owners have been told £200,000 and there is still no one wanting to buy it.

Ibrox is certainly not a 'good' area in the eyes of a developer so the only residential possibility would be social housing (Currenlty fucked by Government cuts). It is surrounded by empty commercial units so that rules out another business park. Retail or leisure park would be a non starter.

Basically the only uses for that land at the moment are a football stadium or a supermarket. Sainsburys and waitrose wont touch it, There is already an Asda round the corner and morrisons & tesco are apparenlty 'in trouble'. 

Essentially the land is almost worthless in the current financial climate so 8million could be more than enough.

This article is bang on the button :thumbsup:

Firm fans fury after US magazine brands them 'vile and violent'

May 13 2012 By Mark Walker

RANGERS fans have hit out after US magazine Time branded them as “vile and violent” and obsessed with “religious hatred”.

Writer Bill Saporito blasted the team after American businessman Bill Miller pulled out of his bid to buy the club.

His article also claimed it would be good if Gers went bust.

Saporito said: “It’s not often that a professional sports team appears willing to run itself into the ground. But Glasgow Rangers is giving it a go.

“It’s possible the team could be liquidated. And it’s more than possible this is a great thing.

“Rangers and Celtic have dominated the Scottish Professional League forever but their bitter, sectarian-based rivalry has helped to undermine them.

“Their vile and violent fans are everything that’s wrong with football.

“If Rangers were to fold, some of the religious hatred could be drained and perhaps new rivalries might develop in the SPL.”

But last night, Mark Dingwall, of Rangers Supporters Trust, said: “I think the writer is deranged and wildly out of touch. We are not a sectarian club.”

Saporito also claimed fans opposed Miller because he was American – but they say they were suspicious of his motives given his disinterest in football.

He said: “It became clear Rangers fans did not want a foreign owner, particularly an American, taking over.

“In rejecting him, the fans may have doomed the team or, at the very least, consigned it to mediocrity for years.”