Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

The Rangers fans are taking the news of players walking away on Rangers Media..............  I hope that all of the deserting rats get their legs broke and end their careers.

Henceforth none of them ever did anything for Rangers.

If Ian Durrant goes elsewhere I suppose they'll have to shit up about simmie then...

Interesting article taken from the Scotsman:

IRONY will be at the forefront of the minds of certain members of the Scottish Football League with long memories when they vote on the future of ‘The Rangers’.

Five clubs which will be involved in determining which division the Ibrox club will play in next season – Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir and Stranraer – may think back 48 years when the boot was on the other foot.

In 1964, this gang of five survived an attempt to oust them from senior football in a move led by Rangers.

The Glasgow giants wanted to reduce the number of clubs in the then top two divisions from 37 to 32 and proposed that the minnows should drop out.

Rangers proposed that the five clubs with the smallest gate receipts should be kicked out and were at the vanguard of moves to make it happen, including sending out correspondence to the other member clubs and deliberately excluding the targeted clubs.

Amid much legal wrangling, the smaller clubs – supported by Celtic and their chairman Robert Kelly – survived the move. SFL Operations Director David Thomson recalled: “The book that was launched to mark the centenary of the SFL in 1990 records what happened. The five clubs were in danger of being voted out. However, Stenhousemuir committee member Robert Turpey, who was also a lawyer, and strongly supported by the other clubs, was successful in raising an interim interdict on their behalf.”

The matter was eventually resolved out of court in November 1964 amid promises that the clubs would remain in the SFL and any new league that was formed. Thomson added: “That decision probably marks the start of a move to three professional leagues that started a decade later when the Premier League along with Divisions 1 and 2 were created.”

However, Rangers’ role in the wrangle caused a lot of anger at the time, especially in Stranraer. Present-day committee member Shaun Niven said: “I know that a lot of people in the town were unhappy with what had gone on. Stranraer are Scotland’s third oldest team as we were formed in 1870 after just Queen’s Park and Kilmarnock. We waited over 80 years to be admitted to the old-style Division Two and to be told after ten years that we were not wanted caused a lot of resentment. The clubs that had been targeted rallied round to win their case and remain in the SFL to this day.”

Looking at Rangers’ present predicament, Niven added: “This situation is another of the great ironies that football throws up. We could now determine whether Rangers get into the SFL and what division they come into after they tried to throw us out all those years ago.

“This whole situation is full of issues going full circle as it has probably accelerated the amalgamation of the SPL and the SFL 15 years after they were spilt apart by SPL sides led by Rangers and Celtic. Now one league body is seen as the way forward.”

Berwick, of course, took a measure of revenge on the park less than two years later when they defeated Rangers 1-0 in a Scottish Cup tie, and now the fate of the club that wanted to expel them and four others could sit in their collective hands.

If it comes to a vote at the SFL, Stranraer would have to balance the prospect of placing Rangers in the First Division for the good of the game overall against their own promotion to the Second Division, as they were the losing play-off side last month and weigh up the benefit of eight local derbies against Queen of the South and Ayr United to an overall package that benefits the SFL overall.

Niven added, “Nothing will be pre-judged based on what happened nearly 50 years ago. If we have to make a decision we will do that based on what is best for Stranraer FC and Scottish football overall.”

It would be nice if all the teams they beat in Europe whilst they were cheating, started to put the boot in as well.

Nice sentiment ST, but guess it only really relates to one year....all the other years they were normally out before August was finished

1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Source: The Supersoaraway Scottish Sun

Exclusive

By IAIN KING

Published: 5 minutes ago

IBROX icons last night stuck the boot into Charles Green’s Rangers newco and told fans: DON’T buy your season tickets from this man.

A host of legendary heroes and ex-Gers vice-chairman Donald Findlay QC threw their weight behind former star John Brown’s plan to lead a fans’ buy-out.

SunSport can reveal sickened Bomber QUIT as Rangers’ transfer scout to put all his energy into ousting the From Back Page Green regime. Fans’ heroes Brian Laudrup, Lorenzo Amoruso, Jorg Albertz and SunSport columnist Andy Goram all backed the move.

In an exclusive interview with SunSport Brown said: “We want to say to the fans don’t buy your season tickets as we fear money is going to go in and then disappear.

“That’s what happened under Craig Whyte and look where we are today.

“The fear of that money disappearing is a very real one for us.

“So this morning I say show us the title deeds, who has keys to Ibrox?

“We want to get you out of OUR club, we’ll help the fans fund the takeover.

“That will ensure that no greedy man can ever do this to Rangers again.

“I urge the fans to get behind us, starve them of your money.”

Brown emptied his desk at Murray Park on Monday afternoon.

Now he has enlisted the advice of Cowdenbeath chairman Findlay, one of Scotland’s leading legal brains.

Bomber insisted: “I am making this decision because I believe the regime in charge are NOT the true owners of the football club.

“They have documents under Sevco but we want to know whose name is on the title deeds for Ibrox, Murray Park and Albion car park.

“That’s the key to the future of our club.”

There are fears that for all the protests to the contrary the truth is that shamed former owner Whyte remains a spectre over the club.

Brown said: “Today we ask Charles Green: How much do you want for the club so we can put it into the hands of the Rangers family?”

Last week SunSport revealed Brown was fronting a consortium offering £8.7million for control of Gers and the club’s assets.

That saw him carpeted by Green on Friday and Brown revealed: “I was called into a one on one meeting with Charles Green on Friday.

“I asked him to name his price to walk away and he wouldn’t give me one.

“I then asked him what have you spent to now. He said: ‘Guess.’

“He then said he’d write it on a piece of paper and the figure was £8.7million.

“Funnily enough, that matched the bid made by my original consortium in recorded delivery letters that day.

“I have very influential Rangers men in the background now.

“I realise there was publicity surrounding Steve McKenna’s Celtic background in the original consortium but he is someone I trust and that move was designed to smoke people out.

“There’s no hidden agenda to this, I have investors from Hong Kong, Australia, America and Britain.”

Brown will today seek talks with fans’ groups.

But he insisted: “Since no one from the Rangers regime has had the balls to do, as a former Hamilton and Dundee player I want to apologise on behalf of my club to the whole of Scottish football.”

Raith Rovers Chairman:

"This is the same Rangers whose supporters threatened to torch our stadium and whose manager demanded that one of our directors was named over his involvement with an SFA judicial panel, which resulted in TV cameras camping outside his door and threats being made by various outlandish factions. We also had Sandy Jardine publicly calling for repercussions for those clubs who have not supported Rangers."Given that, how could I, as an individual, be expected to roll over and have my tummy tickled by some inducement to allow Rangers to come into the First Division. I gave my opinion to the board on Monday night and the board had a position which was not in any way different from my own.

"That does not mean, if and when there is a meeting of the SFL clubs and a vote, that the outcome will go the way we want it to go. I imagine some clubs will see some short-term advantage to be had.

"But if, long-term, you cheese off your season-ticket holders and supporters and backers, is it worth it? Do you sell your position for 30 pieces of silver for some short-term advantage or take the moral high ground?

Got to laugh at all these alleged Rangers superheroes rushing to their defunct club now.

Where were they in the hour of need  ???

Happy to line up with rescue plans now that someone else took their club into liquidation and oblivion.

Frankly John Brown having anything to do with any New Co would just give us a reason (if any were needed) to hate them in their reincarnation. Sure he'll be guaranteed a warm welcome if they were to find their way back to playing us again :wanker:

Got to laugh at all these alleged Rangers superheroes rushing to their defunct club now.

Where were they in the hour of need  ???

Happy to line up with rescue plans now that someone else took their club into liquidation and oblivion.

Frankly John Brown having anything to do with any New Co would just give us a reason (if any were needed) to hate them in their reincarnation. Sure he'll be guaranteed a warm welcome if they were to find their way back to playing us again :wanker:

I hope he does get involved, look what he did to Clyde  :thumbsup:

They are getting support from the EU Parliament now:

@nickgriffinmep Murder of Rangers is shocking indictment of capitalist football & sectarian agenda . . .

@nickgriffinmep . . of Scottish Labour & SNP. It's bad for Celtic too. Wasn't called 'Old Firm' for nothing. All part of anti-identity . . .

@nickgriffinmep . . . drive implicit in globalisation and corporate takeovers. Resist or lose the human sense of belonging!

Rangers: Sandy Jardine blast at 'greedy' exiting players

Rangers legend Sandy Jardine has accused of "greed" the eight players refusing to have their contracts switched to a new company.

Jardine claims they have reneged on an agreement to do so made before the takeover by Charles Green's consortium.

"There was an agreement reached over wage cuts and they got a great deal because they could leave for rock-bottom prices," he said.

"And now they have seen an opportunity. In many ways, it's greed."

Captain Steven Davis, plus Allan McGregor, Kyle Lafferty and Jamie Ness became the latest players to lodge objections to having their contracts switched to a "newco" Rangers.

Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker, Sone Aluko and Rhys McCabe last week claimed to be free agents as a result of the old club heading for liquidation.

They had cited the likelihood of Rangers being demoted from the Scottish Premier League as the reason for their decision.

But Jardine believes their motives are purely financial and that their actions will deny Rangers vital funds as they seek to rebuild.

"I am dismayed and disappointed by the actions of the eight players," the club ambassador told Rangers' website.

"What they have done is seen an opportunity - whether it is them or their agents - to maximise their income.

Northern Ireland striker Lafferty is one of the eight players who are leaving Rangers

"The players took a salary sacrifice. But, for that, they got clauses in their contracts which would allow them to leave on rock bottom prices if clubs came in for them.

"I have to be honest and say I think the players have used our predicament to their gain."

The new Rangers face the prospect of losing a vote among the 12 SPL clubs and face another battle for admission to Division One or the Third Division next season.

"Of course, we as a club don't expect international players to go down a division or a few divisions," said former Rangers defender Jardine.

"We would be reluctant to see them go, but we would understand. They would move on with our best wishes and we would get a fee - albeit a rock bottom price in comparison to their market value.

"What we don't have an answer for is why the players simply did not adhere to the original deal and allow the club to make money from these reduced fees.

"What we have to do in our situation is to get everything sorted out, know what league we are in, know what players are staying and then start to build from there.

"If we don't have money from fees for players leaving - which we are completely entitled to - then what are we supposed to build on, fresh air?"

http:// vimeo.com/4903008