Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

I sent in a couple of comments about this. Also asked why they had a rangers headline in the Dundee section rather than actually finding out any news about them.

no response yet.

You won't get one, BBC Glasgow is exactly what is wrong with Scotland.  Full of OF sympathisers.

Has that been voted upon or is it just a case of him further brown nosing  ???

Only caught last bit on radio so not sure. Thing is if Killie back tims means they can block voting changes and any changes to prize money distribution.

Only caught last bit on radio so not sure. Thing is if Killie back tims means they can block voting changes and any changes to prize money distribution.

That figures, they'll need to brown nose the Tims.

Personally hope every fucker boycotts them.

Let them crash and burn

I'm surprised their season ticket sales are doing well.

Kenny Shiels hawking them around the pubs in Killie on Saturday night according to the Sun

RUGBY PARK boss Kenny Shiels spent last Saturday trawling the boozers of Kilmarnock.

His monumental pub crawl took in 33 bars — and he finished up as sober as a judge.

The Northern Irishman wasn’t looking for pints — he was handing out season-ticket forms, attempting to drum up sales for the club.

Shiels will do whatever he can to help Killie as they strive to cope with the financial fallout of Rangers’ absence from the SPL.

His passion for the club impressed Alan McLeish, director of local engineering firm QTS, who have agreed a six-figure shirt sponsorship deal at Rugby Park.

Shiels said: “We want to embrace the community and bring the club to them and I hope there’s reciprocal positivity.

“There were a lot of people in the pubs who were surprised by my visit. We got a few extra sales from it. People came to me and said they would purchase a season ticket.

“I didn’t have a pint in any of the pubs as I was driving. There was mutual respect more than anything.

“People enjoyed the conversation about Kilmarnock and how much they want us to do well.

“We did it all on Saturday. It was either that or go and watch Hibs against Huddersfield!

“I’ve done it before in Northern Ireland. People have to understand we’re trying to provide entertainment for them.

“There is hatred in football which I’m not happy about. But I always think if you love something you strive to get better and the people around you strive to get better. That’s a great vehicle to have and we’ll continue to do that.

“There’s a great feeling of that about this time because people here love Kilmarnock and we have to reciprocate that love.”

Shiels has even delivered season tickets to fans in Edinburgh.

He added: “We delivered season tickets to people in Edinburgh for some fans who bought them online. Rather than posting them all out, we delivered some to their houses.

“The reaction was positive. It’s not about me, it’s about Kilmarnock.

“I made the decision myself to go to the pubs. The club and the hard workers at Rugby Park inspire me.

“The stalwarts of the club give me inspiration and hopefully I can pass that and encourage new supporters.”

Shiels is relieved the SPL have agreed a bumper TV deal with Sky.

However he admits his joy was tempered by Paul Heffernan’s injury and losing son Dean to Rangers.

He said: “We had two extremes in one day. On Tuesday we had great optimism with the Sky announcement, but that was coupled with the playing side where we lost all our goals in one day — Dean to Rangers and Paul to injury.

“It’s up to me as a manager to make the changes to help us get goals because that’s a massive void to fill.”

Killie chairman Michael Johnston added: “We had to put the signing of new players on hold because of the delay with the TV deal.

“We were at an advanced stage of discussions with Dean’s agent and if it had been a normal course of events he’d have been our player.

“We were going to have to push the boat out to match Dean’s terms, but we were prepared to do that.

“But Rangers stepped in and he’s their player now.”

"Shiels has even delivered season tickets to fans in Edinburgh."

Wow. Killie have fans as far away as Edinburgh? Jeez, that's like a whole .... ummm ... one train-change away.

Is it me, or have Killie been in the SPL for too long now? I say bin them and bring some worthy teams up.

"Shiels has even delivered season tickets to fans in Edinburgh."

Wow. Killie have fans as far away as Edinburgh? Jeez, that's like a whole .... ummm ... one train-change away.

Is it me, or have Killie been in the SPL for too long now? I say bin them and bring some worthy teams up.

Two trains  - you have been out of the country too long  ;) There is a bus ran most weeks from Edinburgh for Killie fans, presume he went and met them.

5 arrested for offensive chants following the Brechin V We Are Not The Same People Who Contributed Nothing To Scotland Other Than Bigotry And Corruption But We Demand The Right To Use The Same Name, Badge, Stadium, Strip And History F.C. match last weekend.

Could all be Brechin fans I suppose.

You clearly know nothing, they were Chelsea fans

Rangers fans groups have objected to the appointment of Harper MacLeod to investigate claims against the club's previous owners.

The Glasgow law firm were instructed by the Scottish Premier League to probe allegations of dual contracts.

But a joint statement from three fans groups has questioned the process that could lead to the stripping of titles.

"Harper MacLeod have acted for Celtic FC, who would be the main beneficiaries of any finding of guilt," they state.

"Indeed, until it was recently removed, they included a testimonial from Celtic CEO Peter Lawwell on their website.

"The SPL could have chosen any law firm to carry out this investigation and it was extremely naive of them to appoint a firm with such a close connection to a rival club."

What is extremely naive, blindly or knowingly ignorant, downright knuckle-dragging stupid, although not at all surprising, is that supporters groups of Sevco FC think that they can take on a law firm, any law firm, whose professional judgement must be beyond reproach according to the Law Society of Scotland.  Then again, professional judgement is not something shown by Rangers FC to in any measure over the past ten years (allegedly).