mizer

"Dry your eyes mate cunt,

I know it's hard to take but her mind has been made up,

There's plenty more Hun teams in the league,

Dry your eyes mate,

I know you want to make The Rangers your new team,

But they'll always be in Division  Three,

IT's OVER..."

Rangers football club has formally announced that it intends to float its shares on the AIM market in London.

The club said it intended to raise up to £20m through an institutional investor placing and limited public offering.

Rangers said the funds raised would be used to strengthen the player squad, improve facilities and provide additional working capital.

Fans wanting to invest have been invited to register their interest.

A document released on behalf of the club states: "Playing at the 51,000 seater Ibrox stadium, which is Scotland's only UEFA elite club stadium, and benefiting from the world class 38-acre Murray Park training facility, the club has been a major force in Scottish football for decades."

Registration of interest for the shares will open at 17:00 BST.

Charles Green, chief executive of Rangers, said: "From the time we acquired the business and assets of Rangers FC, we indicated our intention to list the company and provide our fans with the opportunity to invest in their club. I am delighted that our plans are coming to fruition.

"Rangers is debt-free and a huge club with enormous support and a 140-year track record of success on the domestic and international arenas.

"Our aim is to return the club to its glory days whilst ensuring it is run efficiently and profitably."

This is nothing more than a play to the masses as Tom stated above.

You do not seek a listing on the AIM stating that the purpose is to provide working capital, but instead to strengthen your asset base. Professional investors will see through this and won't touch it with a barge pole.

See Green is now saying he'll make up any shortfall on the £20m himself..... Mmmm we'll see.

The not-so-beautiful game: how Rangers fans try to crush critics

October 12th, 2012 | by Alice K Ross | Published in All Stories, Bureau Recommends

Please support our work - share this article

Rangers, the Glasgow football club, has had a torrid couple of seasons off the pitch, culminating in a spectacular implosion that forced it into administration in February.

In a lengthy blog post today, Channel 4 reporter Alex Thomson highlights a particularly disturbing aspect of the ongoing disaster: what he describes as a campaign of intimidation by Rangers fans aimed at those who have challenged the stricken club.

Although more a summary than an independent investigation, Thomson does a powerful job of explaining the underbelly of Scottish football – and he reveals the culture of threats ‘is getting worse’.

Thomson has personal experience of his subject: he wrote the foreword to Downfall, so far the only book on the crisis, and was, he says, rewarded with a barrage of abuse.

Downfall’s publisher, Frontline Noir, describes ‘pressure applied’ to discourage shops from stocking the title – while some stockists have reported fans screaming at staff for stocking copies according to Thomson.

And in a spectacular reverse ferret, the Sun announced and then cancelled a serialisation of Downfall, faced with complaints and threats considered so serious the police were called in.

This isn’t the only recent incident that has required police attention.

The head of the Scottish Football Association, Stewart Regan, consulted counterterrorism police after he claimed he had received death threats from diehard Rangers fans. Other Scottish Football Association directors had their addresses published online.

The three members of a tribunal that slammed Rangers for ‘bringing the game into disrepute’ also saw their addresses published, and again the police were brought in to advise them on security.

All of this casts the media reporting that has taken place - at both national and local level, in the business and sports sections –  in a new light.

Thomson’s own reporting has included revealing a network of offshore transactions that brought the club to the taxman’s attention. And the wheelings and dealings of majority shareholder Craig Whyte have come under forensic attention from Thomson, Private Eye’s financial maven City Slicker, and others.

The NUJ Scotland is aware of 25 journalists who have ‘been threatened for telling the truth about Rangers’, Thomson says – and he wryly admits he has become used to the abuse himself. For local reporters, the threats may be far more plausible.

And even for a national reporter, writing a post like today’s takes courage. Little of what he reveals will surprise anyone in Glasgow, Thomson points out – yet from the outside this is an attack on freedom of speech so drastic that you would hardly believe it could exist in modern-day Britain.

Rangers chief executive Charles Green predicts European overhaul

From the beeb...

Green added: "How can Manchester United's revenues be £320m and Aston Villa, who are completely useless, get £250m?

Said the man whos club lost at Stirling last weekend.  :wave:

Think this is one of those situations where you can mess with 'celebrities' in the media

All the want is name, postal and email address

Would it cost the same if you put down say chick young, tom english etc, address as BBC scotland, Glasgow and the sportsound or your call email address?

The not-so-beautiful game: how Rangers fans try to crush critics

I am really not surprised at this from the scum. My longest lasting memory of huns invading Stonehaven was when I went to watch an Aberdeen vs Rangers match at the old Stoney Bar (now Troupers). It was a home match, so most of the local reds were at the game, including the staunch red landlord  Richard Mason, were all at Pittodrie. I was a poor student so couldnae afford to go to the game, so watched it from the comfort of my local.

A whole pile of huns crept out of the woodwork and into the Stoney Bar for this match, and I found myself very much in the minority in terms of Dons supporters watching this game. Absolute filth was being sung by these reprobates, until one older guy in a blazer took one look at a pile of the singers ... to which they abruptly stopped singing and started behaving for a few minutes at least. The assistant manager of the bar looked totally out of his depth and when I caught his eye, i spotted him sheepishly shaking his head and mouthing the word "sorry" to me. He looked totally out of control of what was going on and looked like he just had to accept the situation or face some sort of consequence.

I'll never forget that moment, as it was the first time I witnessed the "other" power within the Rangers fanbase.

Think this is one of those situations where you can mess with 'celebrities' in the media

All the want is name, postal and email address

Would it cost the same if you put down say chick young, tom english etc, address as BBC scotland, Glasgow and the sportsound or your call email address?

I suspect that would return the error: "You have already signed up".

Craig Whyte has claimed he introduced Charles Green to Duff and Phelps as the administrators searched for a buyer for Rangers. The former Rangers owner made the claim in a wide-ranging interview with BBC Scotland's Chris McLaughlin.

He also claimed Duff and Phelps knew of the controversial Ticketus deal before the purchase of the club was complete.

Mr Whyte said the SPL knew in October 2011 that Rangers "had no money" and were heading for administration.

Full details of the interview, and reaction to it, will be on the BBC Scotland news website later and on Reporting Scotland at 18:30.

I don't think anyone is surprised by that.