Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Rangers hope to sign Hearts defender Ryan McGowan on a pre-contract agreement, although a Chinese club has already agreed a fee with the Tynecastle club for the 23-year-old Australian. Ally McCoist is also keen to tie up a deal with Kilmarnock goalkeeper Cammy Bell. (Daily Star, Daily Express)

Motherwell's Chris Humphrey could also be the subject of a bid from Rangers, who are unable to sign players until September. McCoist hopes to persuade Humphrey to sign a pre-contract agreement in the January transfer window. (The Sun)

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

From BBC.

I'd think very strongly about this if I was one of those players, I mean you're not going to be flavour of the month with management or fellow teammembers (especially if picked ahead of someone still on contract).

Also, can you imagine the abuse they'll get from supporters!

Take your pick from Humphries, Bell and McGowan.....if any of them or more than one of them at their age chooses to join Der Hun the it's all about the money and are totally lacking in any kind of ambition in their footballing career, so I say FUCK THEM...my money is on Bell to jump ship to them of the three.

They can all go as far as I'm concerned, they're nothing special. With those 3 on board though i suppose they'd be favourites to win the 2nd division next season.  It's fucking pathetic though, new rangers already have the media on side doing all their dirty work.

They can all go as far as I'm concerned, they're nothing special. With those 3 on board though i suppose they'd be favourites to win the 2nd division next season.  It's fucking pathetic though, new rangers already have the media on side doing all their dirty work.

I find the whole palaver highly embarrassing to our game. Its truly pathetic. Would be disappointed if bell moved as id like to see him at AFC but fuck them.

Edit:

Goalkeeper Cammy Bell is set to snub interest from Rangers and sign a new deal at Kilmarnock until 2018. (Various)

:haterangers:

I don't agree with the new set up they are talking about, but if Green and co are going to get screwed then let it be :):):)

they really aren't. It does make the rest of the season a bit pointless for division 3, but the only ones who would potentially be screwed are the bottom half of div 2. Or the top half of div 2 if you consider not being in the same league as der hun next year as a disadvantage.

Interesting point I only found out this week.

As The Rangers are only Associate Memebers of the SFL they have NO vote in the upcoming discussions

Do you not have to be members for three years before you get a vote ?

And despite this Chuckles & his ring piece Traynor seem to think that it is THEM that should be setting the blue print for Scottish Football.

Stolen from P&B

Do you remember a time when the club which plays out of Ibrox prided itself on things like efficiency, intelligence and know-how?

Do you remember the days when, whatever else you might have said about them, they tried to behave, at least publicly, with a level of professionalism and decorum?

Some might even say they brought a touch of refinement to proceedings. A former chairman described them as being “Scotland’s second biggest institution, after the Church.” That seemed preening and posturing, both then and now, but it’s an example of how they saw themselves inside the walls. They were haughty, arrogant, a wee big smug and superior. They were known for it. Back then, they took themselves seriously as a major player, and they acted like one.

I watched Peter Lawwell sign the Magners deal the other day, and I heard him take a direct question about Rangers, on whether Celtic had any comment on a website article on their site. Lawwell seemed amused by the suggestion, and his reply was artfully put, with real finesse. It showed the same deft touch with which the entire event was handled, and it dawned on me; people have been talking all season about “What if …” regarding the clubs being drawn together to play in the cup.

Unless there is a total calamity at Tannadice, that isn’t going to happen, and so the gulf which exists between the teams won’t be publicly exposed for quite some time to come, but I do believe the last couple of days have settled once and for all, in the minds of everyone with half a brain cell to process matters, just how enormous has become the gulf off the pitch.

The days of dignity are over. When Graham Speirs is hitting you from one direction and Bill Leckie is hitting you from another, when your club’s rival fans are howling in derision and delight, at the same time as a former gin-soaked hack who can’t get a gig is rattling the bars in his secure unit singing your praises … it’s maybe time to think about winding your neck in. The press is still printing your every word, but increasingly for the shock value – like tabloid pictures of a circus fat man having the walls of his house removed so they can get him to hospital for a stomach stapling op. (Any resemblance to any persons living or dead, or currently working in the Rangers media room, is purely coincidental, by the way.)

It’s newsworthy … but in the way a two headed dog would be. He’s talked about not leaving Ibrox until he hears the Champions League anthem. If he keeps going the way he’s headed I expect we’ll be hearing the theme tune from Loony Tunes long before that.

Yes, the Big House has become The Big Top. For all the threats to send out the lawyers they’ve taken instead to sending in the clowns. The club where they don’t do walking away have slipped on the cartoon feet, and are now talking about flip-flapping away instead. To anywhere really. Anywhere that will have them. They received some bad news yesterday, when the Yorkshire and Humberside Southern Farm District League 2 filled their last space for next season.

There has been talk about the MLS, and England, leading to one now famous tweet between concerned Rangers fans as to whether, if the club was allowed into one of these leagues, Ibrox would still be in Scotland. The question does not inspire a conventional laugh-out-loud; it is, instead, embarrassingly funny, like watching a guy walk into a lamp-post and knocking himself out. God help us … would Ibrox still be in Scotland … Seriously? Yet it’s no stupider than some of the utterances of the Idiot in Chief.

I suggest if they’re relocating the ground, they talk to the guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans, and hoist the entire club … upward!

Seriously, why not? They can only go upward now because credibility has plateaued. Even the praises of the Laptop Loyal have dimmed, and open mockery has broken out across the sports pages. The only people still cheering are the Loonball Loyal instead.

But let’s be honest; how many Rangers fans actually are enjoying the spectacle, and how many cringe whenever he opens his mouth? How many look back, wistfully, to the days when the club conducted its affairs like a professional body, instead of like a low budget production at The Fringe? How many think it’s doing them some long term good, instead of inflicting appalling reputational damage? I would bet on the “fans” being a very small number indeed. Only someone with a very limited, very narrow view of the club they support could actually be enjoying seeing a once proud institution hijacked by this one-man-bandwagon, this festival side show, this circus of freaks.

Serious organisations do not handle themselves in this shoddy fashion. They take their business seriously, they take their customers seriously, they take their competitors seriously. There was a time when Rangers could call on a private jet to whisk top class players in for signing talks. How long before they’re bringing trialists to the stadium in a plastic car with yellow doors, and a red nose that squirts water when you honk the horn?

The club is in Scotland’s lowest league, playing against teams of car mechanics, shop workers, butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. The teams they come up against have tiny stadiums, collection can budgets and hedges where stands should be. Yet their chairmen act with a dignity and grace which is sorely missing when Ruprecht and the rest of the cast from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels come to town.

At Ibrox, we have a man in his pyjamas, knocking the ornaments off the fireplace because he wasn’t consulted before a decision was taken.

These other clubs act like professionals. When they talk, people take what they say seriously, because their clubs might be small, but they are thoughtful people who have made long term commitments and contributions to the Scottish game.

This is the difference between those who are in the game to give something back and those who are in it to take something out. Yet those kind of people have always existed in football. They don’t all claim their club is the centre of the universe, and claim 10% of the global population as secret followers. Say whatever you like about Vladimir Romanov, but even he doesn’t run around screaming, banging on his pans just to make noise.

Whether we admit it or not, everyone likes the village idiot, because he raises a laugh. Who doesn’t fall about with the giggles every time they hear Trigger say “If it’s a girl, they’re naming it Sigourney, after an actress. If it’s a boy they’re naming it Rodney … after Dave”? Who doesn’t have tears streaming down their face when they hear Frank Spencer talk about how Betty’s mother would have rather see her daughter marry someone else? “No-one else in particular … just someone else”, and there’s a great moment in The Sopranos where Tony tells Dr Melfi about a guy named Jimmy Smash who always wanted to be a tough guy, and hung out with the gang during the holidays, and who Tony and his crew only kept around because he had a cleft palate and they liked to make him sing.

But as Tony tells Melfi, “After a while, the laughs get old …” and when that happened, Jimmy Smash was no longer part of the gang.

It will take a while longer for the supporters of some of Scotland’s football clubs to run out of patience with the goings on at The Laughing Academy, but I suspect the club’s own fans would rather get back to the days when their club acted as if everyone in it was born with a silver spoon up his arse.

For the rest of us, the comedic antics can still raise a smile .. for now.

Because everyone likes to laugh at Ruprecht.

None of us would have let our sister marry his brother.

Believing Chuck?

What fucking arroganceJust. Fuck. Off. Now

This idea of playing in two seperate leagues is just arrogance of the highest order.  :wanker:

Basically want to party at the big table and enjoy the spoils and then take the majority of the scraps from the smaller table as well

would've put this in the reconstruction thread, but considering there's no actual detail whatsoever i thought i'd stick it here

Rangers have proposed a new structure for Scottish league football as an alternative to the favoured Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League plan.

The Ibrox club are opposed to the 12-12-18 plan that has been broadly agreed by the governing bodies and are to table their own alternative.

The plan has been described as a 14-14-14 set-up on the club's official website but no in-depth detail has been released.

Green has been an outspoken critic of the plan that has the backing of Scottish FA chief executive Stewart Regan and his SPL and SFL counterparts Neil Doncaster and David Longmuir.

"To be absolutely clear, it would have been easy for me, on behalf of Rangers, to support [the existing] model,"

Green said. "There is no model on the table that offers our club a potentially quicker route back to the highest echelons of Scottish football.

“However, I believe that while all clubs have to look out for their own interests, the greater good of Scottish football cannot be ignored.

"I would like to set out what Rangers believes to be a workable way forward that may appeal to fans of all clubs.

"First, we think any reconstruction should be implemented not next season but the following season so that every club knows what it is playing for at the start of the season.

"Secondly, we believe that further consideration should be given to a 14-14-14 model, which can be constructed in a way that ensures there is no loss of games but will deliver greater competition through the leagues, particularly with the implementation of play-offs.

“I cannot understand why this model has been so readily discounted when fans are clearly looking for larger leagues. I know there are various opinions regarding splits in such leagues but they cannot be any more complicated than what is now being proposed."

Under the new proposal, Rangers would find themselves in the bottom tier next season even if they win the Third Division this season, even though they would be the same distance away from the top flight as if the current structure remains.

Green has already said that the current proposals meant he would have to advise his board that the club should find a way to quit Scottish football.

He said: “I am fully aware that the interests of fans and the duties of directors of football clubs, who have to balance books, do not always align. However, it seems absurd that, when most fans are so implacably opposed to the 12-12-18 model, their views are being cast aside.