Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Seems like the right place for this:

FORMER Rangers star Gennaro Gattuso's coaching adventure at Palermo has lasted just six competitive games after he was sacked this morning.

The 35-year-old was shown the door following Tuesday's 2-1 defeat at Bari, their second straight loss in Serie B.

Under Gattuso, Palermo have won just two of their opening six games, not enough to impress Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini, who has opted to make a coaching change.

A statement from the club read: "It is with true and profound sadness that I announce the dismissal of Gennaro Gattuso as coach of the first team.

"The results have forced us to take this decision.

"Perhaps he (Gattuso) and I have taken a step too far in what was his first experience as coach, in a club and a city as challenging as Palermo is.

"I have decided to appoint experienced Giuseppe Iacchini as his replacement, handing him the task to lead the team back to Serie A."

Palermo were relegated to the second tier last season.

The former Italy and AC Milan midfielder joined the Sicilian giants this summer after a spell as a Sion player-coach last term. After joining he signed another former Ibrox star in Irish striker Kyle Lafferty.

He becomes the 20th manager to be sacked by Zamparini since the Italian businessman bought Palermo 11 years ago.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/241189-rangers-report-forum-poster-to-police-over-threatening-comment/

Rangers say they have informed police after "deeply offensive and threatening" comments were made on a fan website.

According to the team, the comments posted on the Follow Follow forum placed one of their directors and his family in "a state of fear and alarm".

In a statement the club said: "Rangers FC will not tolerate this and intend to take an extremely robust approach to this sort of behaviour.

"The board finds it inexplicable that so called supporters of the club are bringing Rangers into disrepute by this appalling behaviour. These people are not welcome at Ibrox.

"The board is also aware that certain individuals are holding meetings and inciting fans to unruly behaviour. This has also been reported to the police."

:rofl:

A former editor of the Daily Mirror has questioned apparent media reluctance to report what he claimed were scores of uniformed soldiers taking part in sectarian singing at a so called Armed Forces Day event at Ibrox stadium.

Roy Greenslade, who now writes for the Guardian newspaper and the London Evening Standard, described the events which took place after hundreds of military personnel had marched onto the park before Rangers' game against Stenhousemuir on Saturday. According to the journalist, a group of soldiers were filmed dancing, clapping and singing along with the crowd.  Mr Greenslade suggested that chants were sectarian in nature with references to IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands.

A video posted on Youtube appeared to support the claims and showed scores of soldiers joining in with fans as they sang and chanted No Surrender.  At one point soldiers rushed towards fans with some breaching safety barriers.

In other images posted online, troops wearing full army fatigues can be seen holding a scarf which reads, "Keep Ulster Protestant".

Greenslade then implied a media blackout of the episode, describing as "odd" the lack of reporting by any Scottish media outlet.

He wrote: "Two media reports about the events that have been published - one here on the STV site and another here on the Daily Record site - make no reference to the soldiers' antics.

"The STV report mentioned that an army band 'entertained fans' and quoted Major General Nick Eeles, general officer commanding Scotland, as saying it was hoped to make it into an annual event.

"The Record did write that 'the match-day experience began in dramatic circumstances' but only because 'two marines abseiled down the Govan stand ahead of kick-off, before delivering the match ball to the referee.'

Criticising both the Record and STV, Greenslade added: "How odd that both outlets missed the story?  Or do their reporters think soldiers chanting jingoistic sectarian songs in unison with football fans is unworthy of comment?"

Others to criticise the behaviour of the troops and the lack of coverage from the Scottish media is online magazine 'Bella Caledonia'.  It's founder Mike Small described the episode as "mass manipulation and exploitation".

"You can see how the custodians of the new club trading as Rangers can make short-term capital by pandering to jingoistic sectarianism.  But what do the armed forces get out of it?" he said.

Joining Greenslade in questioning the logic of allowing the event to take place at a football match, he added: "This was an event where military chiefs were in attendance and was sanctioned by football authorities.  That simple reality must have consequences."

The episode has resulted in considerable controversy and criticism on social media sites.  However figures associated with Rangers have defended the event.

Andrew Dickson, who presents the club's official TV channel - Rangers TV - suggested detractors should "take a look at their passports and remind themselves of where they come from...".

"Take a look at their passports and remind themselves of where they come from"

An astonishing remark. I have no idea who Andrew Dickson is, presumably some fucking no mark nonentity fuckwit presenter who, like the rest of them at Ibrox, have just decided to go for a race to the lowest common denominator in generating their "unique matchday experience". This whole hilarious period in the huns new short history is one which, rather than having them show humility and make that fresh start, is creating a new horrible outlook which is much more fucked up than ever before and is promoting the knuckle dragging cunt stick behaviour which had been beginning to fizzle out.

Horrid bastards and I fervently hope the persistent rumours of a fresh financial disaster are true. No league, sport or country needs their pish.

Rangers have reported operating losses of £14m in the 13 months to June.

This covers the period their assets were bought out of administration.

The Ibrox club posted turnover of £19.1m, most of which came from gate receipts and hospitality income. The player wage bill had fallen, but so had sponsorship and media earnings.

The club also announced that former chief executive Charles Green has ceased to have a significant shareholding in the club.

At the end of June, Rangers had £11m in cash, and no bank debt. That was after raising more than £35m in finance, including a share offer.

• 4 weeks later...

It's the reason that I'm not. Fuck them. All of them. Not just the hun part.

I'm glad you said this as I think the army, on a whole, are a bunch of bigoted, racist, ignorant killers who just join so they can kill a bunch of brown folk. But if I said this in a pub I'd probably get lynched.

I'm glad you said this as I think the army, on a whole, are a bunch of bigoted, racist, ignorant killers who just join so they can kill a bunch of brown folk. But if I said this in a pub I'd probably get lynched.

Indeed. I agree. I too have to watch when and where I vocalise my opinion on the army (or any of the armed forces) because to show anything other than a blind "support the troops" type of attitude will make you be seen as some sort of UK hating monster. It's clever actually. All this "support the troops" propaganda really helps the Government swerve the negative attention it receives from using our armed forces for their financial gains. They've made it really hard for people to publicly criticize their war mongoring because it's deemed as a lack of support for the "heroes serving on the front line".