Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

lol, and here was one of my work collegues saying its Redbull owner thats buying into the club :rofl: :rofl:

That's so last years wishful thinking on his behalf.

Think this was fuelled by them playing a friendly again RB Salzburg last year  :rofl:

Raman Bhardwaj:Twitter account

Dave King held a media briefing a short time ago. £6 million to be raised via a share issue next month. As things stand, no external investment coming into club.

Who would believe it no external investment  :laughing:

Fair play to Gerrard, he's obviously signed on those terms. Expecting to raise £6M fae the duped masses (again) from a share issue next month. That'll turn into about £3M. I'm guessing nobody at the press conference asked King where his £11M takeover money was?

Fair play to Gerrard, he's obviously signed on those terms. Expecting to raise £6M fae the duped masses (again) from a share issue next month. That'll turn into about £3M. I'm guessing nobody at the press conference asked King where his £11M takeover money was?

“About four weeks ago now, it got to a point where I agreed with the takeover panel that while I wouldn’t make a formal offer, one of my trust companies would make a formal offer.

“The takeover panel would accept the company offer as being from me personally, as they know that I would never make an offer.“They accepted that, they asked for proof of funds which we gave them.

“They then asked for the funds to be ring fenced in a separate account, to make sure the funds could only be used for the purpose of the shares. We agreed to that.

“Then about two weeks ago, the takeover panel approached me again to say they were unhappy with the funds being in South Africa and would like them relocated to the UK to be held in sterling.

“I was happy to do that but would have to open a bank account in the UK which I agreed to do.“That, though, requires an extension of the period as I can’t get through the various processes in time to meet the deadline. They didn’t grant the extension.

“They have proof of funds in South Africa, but they wanted it relocated to the UK and that takes time, hence delay.

“It is important to stress that this is nothing to do with the football club, it makes no difference to the football club.

Rather long reply, just bullshit from King.

The Takeover Panel will not allow another share issue until this is sorted out.

Wing and a prayer comes to mind.

• 2 weeks later...
Rangers charged by SFA over 2011/12 UEFA licence issue,Rangers have been charged by the Scottish FA with breaking the governing body's rules over a tax bill prior to being awarded a licence to play in European football in the 2011/12 season.

The governing body has brought two charges against the Ibrox club, relating to their reporting of the 'Wee Tax Case' in paperwork submitted to Hampden.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1415110-rangers-charged-by-sfa-over-2011-12-uefa-licence-issue/

Lets see if this present club will still claim to be the same dead club now. :laughing:

Ps... Regardless of the outcome, UEFA are unlikely to take any action over the matter, having a five-year limit on dealing with historic cases.

Reply from Sevco

The Club will fiercely resist this reconstructed Notice of Complaint. Unfortunately, monies that should be available to Scottish youth and grassroots football will be diverted into another rehearsal of seven-year-old debates on the rights and wrongs of events that the SFA should have prevented at a time when doing so would have served a useful purpose.

It seems that Scottish Football is, once again, being directed by individuals intent on harming the Scottish game, Rangers Football Club and its supporters by pursuing a course that has no sensible purpose or reasonable prospect of success.

:laughing:

Fuck sevco and all who sail in her

Should be an entertaining few weeks. As I said over on the 'Hat, the tribute act have the perfect get out clause by stating they are not (as everyone else knows) the same club/entity as Rangers. Have their board got the guts to choose this nuclear option though? It will be hilarious if they do. Oh they will do walking away  :rofl:

'Rangers' lawyers said the club offered its "deepest concern", however, it made it clear that any compensation claim would be for the liquidators of the company which had previously owned the club.

David told the BBC: "My issue's always been that they may be a …different legal entity, but they're still the same club. And although they don't have the same maybe liability legally, certainly morally they're still the same club."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44126217

What a mob, they are shameless.

They're correct, legally, of course. You'd think that they'd show some sort of moral responsibility. In their haste to protect themselves financially from any litigation they've completely forgotten about their season ticket holder involved in the actual case. It could have been handled so much better, by inviting the guy in and offering him support and compensation; you're talking a five figure sum at best I'd expect in what appears to be an isolated incident. Instead, in their permanent defiance of everything, they've allowed what should have been an easy-to-handle situation turn into a full scale cunt-fest as always.

Once again, excellent journalism from Mark Daly, who appears to be the only BBC representative that isn't frightened to tell the truth with regard to the old, liquidated, club.

First time i've seen the actual document.....some sevconian arse posted in in sevco media. Reading it seems to confirm that sevco is definitely NOT the same club as Rangers. So a huge congratulations the the orc poster for giving us all the proof we have been looking for  :rofl:

Edit........whoops neglected to post the link was too busy pishin myself........

https://tinyurl.com/y898qolf

Derek Johnstone

MINDBOGGLING. That’s the word that springs to mind when you hear the likes of Jermain Defoe, Lucas Leiva and Fernando Torres being linked with Rangers.

I’ve been excited since Steven Gerrard came into the club as manager. I’d like to wait until there’s a press conference and players are signed before I believe it’s going to happen, and I’m sure the biggest percentage of Rangers fans will be the same, but since he’s come in, some of the names being bandied about have been incredible.

It’s something that any other manager coming in wouldn’t be able to attract.

The man and his reputation mean that people simply want to play for him. Scott Arfield’s hero was Steven Gerrard and that’s one of the main reasons he’s here.

Defoe would be a sensational signing. Wherever he’s gone, he’s scored goals.

Names like these are something the Rangers fans can look forward to for the rest of the summer. For a decade Rangers fans have had nothing to shout about. There’s not been an awful lot of hope but now there’s genuine feeling something is about to happen for the first time in a long time.

And when you hear some of the names it doesn’t surprise me because Rangers know what they have to do. They’ve been so far behind for most of that decade, they have to do something big and this is it. Only time will tell whether Gerrard is the right man but this is the biggest thing to happen to this club since Gazza, Laudrup and Souness arrived. That’s how big this is.

I’ve no doubt there’ll be big quality coming in. The problem will be trying to get rid of the ones he’s got.

Gerrard will be bringing in people who can hit the ground running. I’d like to think that from the last Rangers game against Hibs and the first one next season, the majority of players will be new ones.

Defoe isn’t going to get the huge money he’s been on. But he’s a man who has made his money and him and Gerrard will be close being ex-England players. Gerrard will be saying to Defoe, ‘Come up and make yourself a hero.’

And there will be plenty wanting to come up just to play for him. We can’t be talking about bringing in Under-18s for a season now. We’ve tried it, and it doesn’t work.

The whole spine of the team needs replaced and that’s what he’s going to do. I know Gerrard is still at Liverpool and he has TV commitments but he’ll be on the phone every day to Mark Allen telling him who he needs.

It’s not an issue these players are all around 30 or older and Rangers have been down that road before where it’s maybe not worked.

These are players he knows himself. He’s only finished playing a couple of seasons ago. He has played with or against them and he knows exactly what they can do – that’s different from a Pedro Caixinha or a Graeme Murty.

Rangers fans will be thinking these are the type of names that can challenge Celtic in Gerrard’s first season, but they have to be realistic.

He has to improve the home record. And he has to bring in the right quality and mindset.

That’s why he’s looking at experience.

Allan McGregor has cost him nothing. Same as Scott Arfield – they’ve cost him a wage because there’s no fee to be paid.

I had a wee laugh when I heard about Torres, but then thought, ‘I wonder...’ They were the best of pals at Liverpool and if Steven says to him, ‘Don’t retire, come here for a season and give me a hand’...

That’s what he needs – good experienced men who can still play. It’ll take him two or three windows to bring in the players he wants, he’s not going to do it all in the summer. But what he needs are players who can get him through the European ties in the summer and win the vast majority of home games.

You can name me all the names you want – but let’s see on July 12 when that first European tie starts. Then we can believe it.

Bit long winded statement from D.J but well worth the laughing it will induce, like this wee gem "Defoe isn’t going to get the huge money he’s been on. But he’s a man who has made his money and him and Gerrard will be close being ex-England players. Gerrard will be saying to Defoe, ‘Come up and make yourself a hero.’

"....This sort of crap from former huns will continue daily until the new season.

Freddy Ljunberg

Roy Keane

Kolo Toure

Joey Barton

Niko Kranjcar

All turned up towards the end of their careers to much 'excitement' and press masturbation and were found wanting.

One really robbed celtic blind too.

But then again footballers are not known for their intellects.

I do admire Defoe but my cynical mind says the EPL refs give alot of protection to their players which even with OF bias is not the same North of the border. I feel a certain Mr Brown & Mr Shinnie and most of the Motherwell & Hearts team would give him a welcome he hasn't experienced since his youth days.

Torres ain't leaving Athletico Madrid for anything other than an MLS pay off.

I had to google the other one  ???

Glasgow police will probably be happy about this one

Nothing to do with suddenly needing to find 6000 additional full price season tickets to plug a gap/ buy Gareth Bale etc

Rangers and Celtic plan to significantly reduce the number of visiting supporters at next season's derby matches.

The Glasgow rivals both cite increased demand for season tickets.

Celtic fans normally receive both tiers of Ibrox's Broomloan Stand in a reciprocal arrangement that sees about 7,000 travelling fans attend derbies.

But all visiting teams are now set to receive less than 1,000 tickets for games against Rangers.

Celtic issued a swift response, indicating that they will follow suit.

A statement on the Scottish champions' website read: "An unprecedented double treble and historic season for the club has led to a phenomenal level of demand from supporters to be part of Celtic.

"We are happy to reciprocate in terms of ticket allocation, something which will give us the opportunity to meet this huge demand to visit Celtic Park."

Rangers say they are responding to demand after receiving an "enormous" number of requests from supporters wishing to buy season tickets on top of more than 40,000 renewals.

A statement said: "Our supporters will always come first and as many of them as practically possible must be accommodated. That is why the club has decided on an overall increase in the total number of season tickets available to our supporters to what will be a historical record.

"An unfortunate consequence of putting our supporters first is that this increased demand negatively impacts on the number of tickets which will be allocated to visiting teams.

"This means all visiting fans will now be situated in the corner between the Broomloan and Sandy Jardine Stands."

Well there's a surprise - Martin Skrtel's deal to Rangers off as club 'cannot fund it'.

The whole thing screams naivety on Gerrard's part and/or duplicity in what Sevco promised him.

"When there is only a small difference then you can find a solution, but in this case, the salary of the player in Turkey is four or five times more than what Rangers could offer. That makes it impossible.

"Also, Fenerbahce will never let him go because he is their most important player and they need him for the Champions League qualification.

"That means at this moment the deal would cost five or six million euros minimum. And as I told you the salary is very different.

"Steven tried to make it happen but he had no idea about the financial situation of the player. He is trying to get the best players possible and that's why he spoke to Martin about this but unfortunately it's going to be impossible.

Guest jinkyjoe

Would also be amazed if they could afford the guy Collins from West Ham that they have been linked with. He's bound to be on about 40k per week at the moment.

He is out of contract end of June and is almost 35.......probably won't be too hard to deal with but still will want 15-20k a week. Thing is.....he's nae very good and quite injury prone. Hope to hell he does sign on for a couple of years. Another signing that will hasten the seemingly inevitable sevco admin.

in this case, the salary of the player in Turkey is four or five times more than what Rangers could offer.

Given Skrtel is meant to be on £65-70Kpw, presumably this means Sevco's highest wage offer was around £15K.  Or to put it another way, fat chance of landing any of those names they've been touting.

THE Club notes with concern the latest disclosure through the media regarding a business relationship which the Chairman of the SPFL has with leading shareholders of a fellow SPFL club.

This has given rise to allegations of non-disclosure and it is now imperative that we discover exactly the nature of the information supplied to the SPFL regarding this relationship.

It is equally important that any conflicts of interest, or even the perception of such, whereby positions within the Scottish football authorities could be undermined, or abused, must be aggressively rooted out of our game.

The SPFL, therefore, must immediately suspend its Chairman pending an independent investigation by a senior QC into the allegations and into the extent that other parties within the SPFL may have cooperated in this alleged non-disclosure. There is a clear prima facie case for this investigation.

Unfortunately for Scottish football, this incident immediately follows a similar call by myself for an independent non-executive director of the SFA to be suspended under similar circumstances. The credibility of Scottish Football in the minds of supporters and sponsors is at stake and urgent action is required. Transparency will be key to recovering the confidence of key stakeholders in Scottish football and this cannot be achieved if the SFA and/or the SPFL conduct internal investigations.

The SPFL and SFA must now appoint independent investigators. Scottish football is an important national asset and must have levels of probity and governance that are beyond reproach and that are transparently so.

Dave King

Chairman

29 May 2018

The SFA/SPFL love affair with Sevco has come to an end it seems.

Guy on twitter saying Sheriffs Officers were at Ibrox on the 29/05/2018 at 7.17pm. Wonder what that was for? Are they due anyone cash ?  :laughing: