Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

I firmly believe that Sevco will go bust this season after this signing spree they have embarked on to try and reach the group stages of Europe and the Premiership title.

So Gerrard will be back on BT Sport as a pundit in around 4 months time  :thumbsup:

I wish I could share your optimism, I think he'll do quite well, they certainly won't be going bust anytime soon.  Scotland loves to maintain it's bigotry status quo  >:(

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Shoot me down but he could win the league given a bit of luck.  They've got a decent set of players due to the money invested, rightly or wrongly and with a competent manager should not be far off Celtic.

We all know that Sevco have far superior resources than anyone bar Celtic and they only play them four times a year.  They were only 12 points behind Celtic last season with shite management.  They should be beating everyone else.

None of us really know how good Gerrard is so time with tell.  Hope he is pish and fired by Christmas.  :thumbsup:

It's a tough one. By all accounts it appears he has a good squad. Likeable guy and a background of winning. All this suggest he'll do well.

HOWEVER, Souness was a hard nosed and nasty leader. Old school and mean. Fearless. Not sure how tough Gerrard is and don't know if he really knows the scrutiny he'll be under from the press and own fans. My heart says it all goes to shit and he's canned by Christmas, my head says they'll compete for a title and we'll finish third.

By all accounts it appears he has a good squad.

No. By all accounts he has a huge squad. No evidence as yet of it being good or indeed any better than last season's failures. Nor any evidence that he will be a competent coach/manager.

No. By all accounts he has a huge squad. No evidence as yet of it being good or indeed any better than last season's failures. Nor any evidence that he will be a competent coach/manager.

Huge squad yes, but by all accounts it appears he has a good squad with some good players. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The question of them being 'good' or not is irrelevant if the other SPL teams (especially the Dons) continue their inferiority complexes and set up their teams to simply defend and hope for a break against them.

SEVCO have had relatively poor teams since they were set up and yet just because they carry the name 'rangers' the other teams & managers seem to panic.

Still reckon that Gerrard's tenancy will last exactly as long as they remain in both cups - if he fails to win either I don't see him making it to summer.

Even if he runs Tic close in the league, but doesn't bring back silverware, the fans will just use that as justification that they should've actually won the league with a "better" manager and still sack him.

Still reckon that Gerrard's tenancy will last exactly as long as they remain in both cups - if he fails to win either I don't see him making it to summer.

Even if he runs Tic close in the league, but doesn't bring back silverware, the fans will just use that as justification that they should've actually won the league with a "better" manager and still sack him.

[/quote

I can see that happening if you chuck in a couple of horsings from the tims and perhaps a few losses to either ourselves or hibs.  So much is going to come down to Gerrards ability to organise a defence.  Sportsound were saying that the boy goldson from Brighton was looking pretty competent unfortunately so with Mcgreggor back (though he's only a marginal improvement on Foderingham if any) they could prove hard to score against yet. 

It's a tough one. By all accounts it appears he has a good squad. Likeable guy and a background of winning. All this suggest he'll do well.

Not league titles he doesn't.

He'll be given a bit more time because he's a name, but he'll eventually suffer the same fate as Warburton, Pedro and Murty. Patience will become thin if they're still routinely pumped by Celtic.

But for us, the big thing is McInnes showing what he did on Thursday - that he is capable of a good tactical, attacking performance when we're underdogs, that we can attack the favourites from the off.  He can not be scared of the name - either of the team or the guy in the opposition dugout.

Trouble after sevco beat Wigan 3-0 earlier today. Running battles with bottles getting lobbed in Hope Street as Wigan fans tried to get back to Central Station.

Theres video of it all on you tube. Some hun roaster went on twitter to beg sevconians not to share the footage if they receive it. However the Dhims are sharing it in a similar manner to Jesus and his loaves and fishes trick.....

Fucking neanderthals

Not league titles he doesn't.

He'll be given a bit more time because he's a name, but he'll eventually suffer the same fate as Warburton, Pedro and Murty. Patience will become thin if they're still routinely pumped by Celtic.

But for us, the big thing is McInnes showing what he did on Thursday - that he is capable of a good tactical, attacking performance when we're underdogs, that we can attack the favourites from the off.  He can not be scared of the name - either of the team or the guy in the opposition dugout.

If we play rangers and Celtics with the same mentality as Burnley then I think we’re in a good place. However, Burnley is Burnley and nothing really to fear. Does DM fear the Huns??  Hope not but they’ve intimidated us far too much. Time will tell but how we approach and perform against the Huns will play a factor in Gerard’s tenure.

Trouble after sevco beat Wigan 3-0 earlier today. Running battles with bottles getting lobbed in Hope Street as Wigan fans tried to get back to Central Station.

Theres video of it all on you tube. Some hun roaster went on twitter to beg sevconians not to share the footage if they receive it. However the Dhims are sharing it in a similar manner to Jesus and his loaves and fishes trick.....

Fucking neanderthals

Isn't there an allegiance between the Jags and Wigan?  From memory a few years back Section F coming to Firhill and having it on Arlington Street.

Fucking neanderthals

What links like this?

https://www.facebook.com/100023840015754/posts/271688920302440/

He'll probably do OK while things are going well. Couple of defeats and some poor performances and it will be interesting to see how he copes.

Police confirm two Osijek football fans were stabbed during violence before Rangers Europa League clash last night

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45057153?ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_scotland_news&ns_mchannel=social&ns_linkname=scotland

Next we will hear Chelsea fans were the alleged culprits and no huns were involved in the incident. A few hun fans are saying on Twitter they got what they deserved for picking a fight with The Rangers.

The SPFL/SFA need to come down very hard on Sevco if their fans did the stabbing.

All Aberdeen fans attending the match on Sunday keep safe.

From Twitter

Willie Miller on BBC Sportsound:  “Rangers are disrespectful particularly to Aberdeen. They’ve always been disrespectful. They need to take a minute and realise where the clubs been, which is through administration.”

The only part of Willies statement that is wrong is Rangers The Rangers....sorted.. :thumbsup:

From Twitter

The only part of Willies statement that is wrong is Rangers The Rangers....sorted.. :thumbsup:

And that they have been through administration....that was oldco, who got liquidated. It's a bad day when Willie is buying into the continuity myth.

Steven Gerrard to escape SFA rap over Aberdeen post-match swipe.

What part of this SFA Rule does NOT apply to Gerrard

SFA rule 72, which states club officials couldn’t not ‘criticise the Decision(s) and/or performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match officials or make remarks about such match official(s) which impinge on his character.’