Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

I've emailed UEFA this morning about Regan, couldn't find any other way of contacting them other than info@uefa.com

It's a sad day when you're hoping another corrupt organisation will come and sort things out.

:lolabove:

Good idea, I have sent one too.

I would have though that due to the media attention that this has attracted, then there is a chance that tv companies would want to be showing some of the action from the circus that is Scottish football this season?? Am I being a bit naive thinking that if ESPN did indeed walk away, that A.N.Other tv company would fancy some of it?

Must admit I'd be much more interested in watching newco versus Peterhead (or similar) than watching old Rangers hump St Mirren.  I never watched any SPL unless the Dons were playing, but there would be a perverse interest in the third division if that's where they end up.

I would have though that due to the media attention that this has attracted, then there is a chance that tv companies would want to be showing some of the action from the circus that is Scottish football this season?? Am I being a bit naive thinking that if ESPN did indeed walk away, that A.N.Other tv company would fancy some of it?

Big problem is that ESPN are a big company, and have a bit of clout behind them, if they are walking away from it then it would put smaller channels off, particularly when Setanta went tits up and that was with the huns in the league.

Big problem is that ESPN are a big company, and have a bit of clout behind them, if they are walking away from it then it would put smaller channels off, particularly when Setanta went tits up and that was with the huns in the league.

Here's a notion that may sound a bit crazy and out there, but stick with me. 

Didn't ESPN sign a CONTRACT?

BT have recently bought rights to the EPL, I'm sure they would be interested in the SPL, mainly in terms of more competition against Sky.

I'm sure Doncaster will be exploring all options.

What's the deal with BT? do they get exclusive live matches or show some live matches which Sky are also showing?

Here's a notion that may sound a bit crazy and out there, but stick with me. 

Didn't ESPN sign a CONTRACT?

They only have one year left, according to the radio. They'll walk after that.

ESPN never got Old Firm games. Sky had them all didn't they? So why would ESPN need a get out clause when they're not even showing the games that will no longer exist?

Because they'll get more in advertising costs for any huns matches, which is half of their matches near enough.

I'm pretty sure BT have replaced ESPN for the EPL rights.

The agreements, which start from the 2013-14 campaign, are a remarkable 70 per cent increase on the current contract.

Long-term partners Sky will show 116 games a season - the maximum allowed for one station - and newcomers BT have gained a 38-game foothold.

Indicates they are showing 38 games that Sky aren't showing.

A contract that is rigged with get-out clauses. One of which being if the OF don't have 4 games per season...

"Rangers" and Celtic don't have to be in the same league to play 4 games a year.

But more to the point Scottish football was around, and was much better quality, long before ESPN took an interest.

Fuck them and their money.

If teams go bust they will reform and football will still be played, in a more frugal sustainable manner, and it will be honest.

If Doncaster, Regan et al get their wish, we reduce Scottish Football to the level of WWE wrestling.

Email sent to the Scotland Supporters Club telling them that if SFA Chief Executive continues to block justice and sporting integrity, and forces newco into Division 1, then I will be returning my SSC membership card and will be asking to be removed from their database.