Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Pretty sure I read something a while back that ESPN were thinking of withdrawing from Europe long beofre the Huns went tits up. Could this be another bit of spin like the claim that Clydesdale Bank will walk away because of this despite them confirming that they were not renewing last year?

Don't shoot the messenger...

interesting debate by a couple of posters on a hearts forum…..

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic, on 05 July 2012 – 01:12 PM, said:

There’s obviously been discussions weeks ago between Duff and Phelps, Green, Doncaster and Regan. Green took the gamble on Rangers because of assurances given to him by Doncaster and Regan. It now looks like there’s a very good chance he’ll walk if they are put in the Third Div. Sally, Bomber and Goram probably know this (hence backing him when trying to get into the SPL) but sticking the knife in because he could and probably will finish them off and keep the stadium. It would explain Doncaster talking about financial meltdown, because he knows Green and Sevco have no intention of playing in Div 3 and Rangers would disappear, Third Lanark style, until someone gets an AFC Wimbledon type thing going. And all of this explains Regan’s social unrest comments, because he knows if they’re put into the 3rd div it will kill them for good. Charles Green may be about to become one of my heroes…

======================================================

Hackney Hearts Posted Today, 15:01

Thank you!!

I’ve been struggling since Regan’s absurd rant last night to make any sense of the whole situation….. but this actually ties together a lot of factors.

What I couldn’t understand was Doncaster’s – and now Regan’s – obsession with avoiding Newco in Div 3 at all costs – despite that being what nearly everybody in the game clearly wants, INCLUDING the vast majority of “Rangers” fans. What was stopping them taking the easy route, doing what the people want and sticking to the rules that are laid down for all to see. Why make life hard for themselves? Why make up all the obviously fake, scaremongering figures?

BUT if, as you say, Doncaster and Regan originally guaranteed Green a place in Division 1 at worst (and we’ve heard all sorts of stories of players and others being promised this) and Green only purchased the club on this understanding, you can begin to see how a horror story might currently be unfolding for Doncaster and Regan on a personal level….

If Green, as you point out, never had the intention – or financial backing – to cope with Newco playing in Divison 3, then if faced with that prospect, he might well take the nuclear option – referred to by Brown on the Ibrox steps, which would mean he had to join a witness protection scheme in Canada, i.e. sell the lot, and make “Rangers” another Third Lanark. This situation could indeed cause a riot – the ‘social unrest’. But more significantly, although Green would be Public Enemy No.1 – Doncaster and Regan would be joint Public Enemy No.2, for their part in bringing in Green, luring him with promises that they couldn’t keep. The ‘social unrest’, rather than a vague notion of violence across the land, would be directed at them personally. They would be seen to have blood on their hands in the “murder” of Rangers. I think they’re scared, desperate men.

It’s interesting that Green has now adopted a ‘que sera sera’ attitude to the vote – he at least stands to make a fair amount of money, and has no qualms about the consequences, being first and foremost a businessman. For Doncaster and Regan though, there would be no financial consolation.

Might make sense?

Might make sense?

Not sure about Regan and Doncaster promising 1st Div football to Green, although given their utter ineptitude I can believe it.  I was starting to think however that all this bullshit isn't about Scottish Football dying but Seveco dying.  I don't think Green has the money or time to try and get Seveco from the 3rd back to the SPL and the club will either liquidate again, fail to enter the league or be sold off to the lunatics.

I hope the sick, nauseating feeling I have in my stomach will disappear over the next week, just as it has done several times through this whole affair but Longmuir is clearly driving the SPL's Div1 agenda.  Quite how bending over to allow Seveco into the Div1 brings the game forward I've no idea, and tbh given the number of times he mentions it in this 6min video I wonder if he is trying to convince himself too

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/109484-sfl-vote-on-rangers-newco-proposal-put-back-one-day-until-july-13/

Might make sense?

I thought it strange the Telegraph made a point of mentioning Green didn't don the huns "uniform" at the meeting yesterday but the other 2 chumps did. Same at last night's Fighting Fannies meeting... he doesn't desire the chaos that'd come from the symbolism of it and then "turning them to dust". Appearing to be one of them and then destroying them is taking the piss just a bit much...even for him.

I suggest the Hearts theory might be pish then if Sally wants newco in Division 3.

Also, there loads of tweets and emails kicking about from Sky saying they have no plans to pull out of Scottish football.  Regan/Cockwomble = wankers!

List of people involved in the Culture, Media and Sport Committee that is supposedly going to look into the state of Scottish football:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture,_Media_and_Sport_Committee

Same crowd that looked into Murdoch.

Now, Tom Watson is one to get a bee in his bonnet, his contact details are here if anyone else wants to prompt him:

http://www.tom-watson.co.uk/contacting-tom-watson

I suggest the Hearts theory might be pish then if Sally wants newco in Division 3.

Also, there loads of tweets and emails kicking about from Sky saying they have no plans to pull out of Scottish football.  Regan/Cockwomble = wankers!

You trust anything that comes out of that cheating cunt's mouth?

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Consultation result: 36% in favour of "NO" to "Newco"

In recent weeks I have taken all appropriate soundings, having canvassed the views of all shareholders and all season ticket holders aged 18 or over.  I also attended the meeting organised by the Supporters' Association and the Supporters' Trust when I shared a fair amount of commercially sensitive information with those present and answered a number of questions from the audience.

The result of the consultation process (36% of all shareholders and all season ticket holders aged 18 or over in favour of "NO" to "Newco") was far removed from the mood of the supporters' meeting but of course involved almost 2,500 shareholders and adult season ticket holders, as opposed to the 150 or thereby at the meeting.

As everyone now knows, the SPL clubs voted by 10 - 1, with Kilmarnock abstaining, to reject Rangers "Newco" application to join the SPL.

I elected to abstain in order to reflect the result of the consultation process and in recognition of a number of other factors, not least of which was Section 172 of the Companies Act concerning my fiduciary duty as a Director to act in the long terminterests of The Kilmarnock Football Club Limited and to ensure its success as a business.

I also believe that the plan to parachute Rangers "Newco" into SFL1 is highly controversial and wished to register my concern about the timing of the SPL vote and the resultant pressure now placed on the SFL clubs to accommodate "Newco" in SFL1 when they vote on the issue on 13th July.  If the SPL can't function in its present form without four "Old Firm" derbies, then the SPL should have come up with a solution rather than passing the buck to the SFL.

In the course of the SPL General Meeting, prior to the vote, it became evident that a number of clubs which had previously been ambivalent about how they would vote were leaning towards "no" to "Newco" and the result of the vote was a foregone conclusion before it was taken.  My abstention was therefore symbolic and was never going to influence the outcome.

I'd like to thank all of our supporters who have shared their views on this issue with the club through the various consultation processes undertaken.  It is now of utmost importance that all Kilmarnock supporters focus on helping the Club to maximise season ticket and sponsorship revenues in order to mitigate the financial consequences of the exclusion of "Newco" from the SPL. These can be overcome but only if we put the "Newco" debate firmly behind us and unite in support of Kenny and the team.

The current situation is not of our making and the bond which exists between the Club, its supporters and the town will see us overcome this crisis.  Scotlands oldest professional football club is at the heart of our community and the "Killie effect" was demonstrated to all when we lifted the League Cup for the first time in our history in March.

Please buy a season ticket if you have not already done so and encourage your friends and family to do the same.  I look forward to welcoming you to Rugby Park on 4th August when we take on "Club 12".

Michael Johnston, Chairman

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/articles/20120705/official-statement_85961_2833623

ALLY McCoist tonight came out in favour of newco Rangers joining the Third Division, hours after the Scottish Football League set a dramatic date of Friday the 13th to determine whether the Ibrox club should be admitted to the First Divsion next season.

McCoist declared that the “sporting integrity” argument that saw 10 Scottish Premier League clubs reject their top-flight application means Rangers cannot then be relaunched in the First Division.

The Ibrox manager says he needs to sign about a dozen players and claimed he would have a better chance of rebuilding from the bottom as he called for an end to the “punishment”.

McCoist followed chief executive Charles Green’s lead in saying the club would accept whatever fate the Scottish Football League deal them – but he added his weight to calls from the majority of fans that they should restart in the Third.

Reacting to Wednesdays’s SPL rejection in an interview with RangersTV, McCoist said: “Like everyone else involved at our club, extremely disappointed is putting it mildly. We are now in the hands of David Longmuir at the SFL, who is certainly a man that Charles and I trust implicitly.

“He is a good, honest man that I firmly believe has the best interests of Scottish football at heart, of that there is no doubt.

“Out of all the characters involved in this situation, I think David and his member clubs have been very unfortunate to have been put in a position where they have to make a decision. Whatever decision they reach, we will accept. Having said that, from my meetings with our supporters, and the vast majority of SPL chairmen have been listening to their supporters, which is great, I’m all for it. We had a meeting with our supporters last night and the vast majority of them – in the region of 75-80 per cent – have said enough is enough, let’s go to SFL 3. Our good friends at Celtic across the city issued a statement that stated that integrity was of paramount importance to Scottish football, and we totally agree with that, and I would imagine the vast majority of all SPL chairmen agree with that statement.”

SFL chief executive David Longmuir, meanwhile, insists his organisation’s 30 clubs can be trusted to make the right decision on the future of Rangers when they hold one of the most momentous extraordinary general meetings in their 122-year history next week. There remains a strong body of opinion among SFL clubs and their supporters that Rangers should have to start life in the Third Division, in line with the feelings of McCoist.

However, a proposal drafted by Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan is offering SFL clubs the incentive of league reconstruction, an improved financial distribution model and the introduction of play-offs if they agree to provide Rangers with a softer landing in the First Division.

Longmuir is understood to support the plan and admitted he will try to “knock heads together” before next week’s vote in a bid to achieve the outcome he believes will provide his member clubs with the greatest long-term benefit.

But he distanced himself from Regan’s apocalyptic comments, which predicted a “slow, lingering death” for Scottish football if Rangers are not accommodated in the First Division.

“Passions are high at the moment but people need to calm down a bit and give the clubs a chance to take stock,” said Longmuir after a four-and-a-half hour meeting of the SFL board on Wednesday. “A lot of alarmist-type talk needs to stop. Let’s think about the game. I think people need to calm down. They need to let the SFL take the game forward now. We need space. The SFL clubs have been put in a very difficult position. Invidious is the word I would use. Give us time and trust our judgment.

“I feel for our clubs, I absolutely do. They have been put in a position that nobody would have wished. But the converse of that is that I’m glad it’s our clubs who are faced with the task because I trust them implicitly. I think there are wise people at our clubs. We’ve got the right values at our heart, and I think we will do the right thing for the game. But we need time and space to give information and consider it.

“There is a lot of work to be done before next Friday. I would like everyone who has a stake in this game to take the heat off a bit and give them a chance to do the right thing.”

Longmuir revealed that clubs will face more than one question at next week’s meeting before it is determined at which level Rangers are admitted. “The first question will be: are the SFL in a position to accommodate Rangers into the Scottish Football League?” said Longmuir. “We are looking at two types of voting structures – the egm itself where a straightforward majority is required for the first question. That fundamental question will be supplemented by further resolutions we then need to implement, with some requiring different requirements. Some require two-thirds majorities and some straightforward majorities.”

I think the STV interview cut that bit in bold off the end.

Are we presuming the 1st question refers to the SFL as a whole?  This will be passed easily.

If so then the supplementary questions must relate to a)which league and b) potential reconstruction.  If these are anything other than a straight majority then Seveco won't be in Div1.

But yet again it's all fucking smoke and mirrors.  Has anyone at any stage stated exactly what would happen from one day to the next?