Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Heard the Elgin chairman on the wireless this morning also speaking a lot of sense.  Don't have any direct quotes (maybe someone can dig for them) but they went the long the lines of 'we won't vote them in', 'too much uncertainty', 'each team in the league will lose around £50k by voting no but there is no guarantee that the team (Huns) that they put out would attract huge numbers of supporters so we're willing to take that risk and anyway, we would have to do what is morally correct in this situation way before money comes into the equation'.

And yet his chairman said something else altogether. You're cherry picking the bits you want to fit your cynicism Jute. Everything the media has spun so far has been wrong.

There is a quote above where Yorkston says pretty much the same as Jeffries that he expects Newco to be in the SPL.

And yet his chairman said something else altogether. You're cherry picking the bits you want to fit your cynicism Jute. Everything the media has spun so far has been wrong.

I think Yorkston has also said he wouldn't be surprised if newco are in the SPL.  Why wait until Monday to decide who gets promoted, and why have Dundee suddenly been told they have to vote today?

The whole thing is one sorry mess.

There is a quote above where Yorkston says pretty much the same as Jeffries that he expects Newco to be in the SPL.

And yet he also says "Division 3 is the way we have to go. We will just deal with the ramifications as they happen".  Which could also point to any attempt of getting them into the SPL thrown out there and then.  There is also an extremely good chance Regan (and Doncaster?) will be asked to resign or face a vote of no confidence at today's meeting... given that, it would be unlikely they propose anything else along those lines.

And yet he also says "Division 3 is the way we have to go. We will just deal with the ramifications as they happen".  Which could also point to any attempt of getting them into the SPL thrown out there and then.  There is also an extremely good chance Regan (and Doncaster?) will be asked to resign or face a vote of no confidence at today's meeting... given that, it would be unlikely they propose anything else along those lines.

Certainly hope there is at least a vote of no confidence in at least one of them today.  A line needs to be drawn under this mess ASAP.  I think some SFL clubs will be voting no to newco in any league, but Regan will try and over-rule.

Should they be parachuted magically back into the SPL... can anyone tell me how on earth they're going to fulfil their fixtures?

My money is on the following happening:

Voted no to Div1 so would need to start at Div3 should their application be successful.

Green walks away.

There's then an almighty fight over assets and ownership of names etc.

There's no "hun newco" in any senior league in Scotland next season.

Div 3 left with uneven number of teams.

"Spawn of huns FC" finally gets it's shit together a year from now and takes the vacant spot in the league, with manager Ally McCoist, Chairman John Brown and midfield starlet Paul Gascoigne.

Dundee were asked to vote because they could be persuaded to a Yes vote (proposal states they would be in SPL) which Regan etc now know they need all they can get.

This is all being driven by the SFA Professional Game Board which is headed by Rod Petrie which I find very surprising considering his stance in the past. Also contains Lawwel, Ogilvie, Topping, Regan and Ballantyne.

Certainly hope there is at least a vote of no confidence in at least one of them today.  A line needs to be drawn under this mess ASAP.  I think some SFL clubs will be voting no to newco in any league, but Regan will try and over-rule.

Would be stunned if there was not of no confidence in Regan today from SFL clubs. I cannot see SPL club doing the same however in either Regan or Doncaster given deafaning silence from them on the pish being spouted by these two.

Should they be parachuted magically back into the SPL... can anyone tell me how on earth they're going to fulfil their fixtures?

My money is on the following happening:

Voted no to Div1 so would need to start at Div3 should their application be successful.

Green walks away.

There's then an almighty fight over assets and ownership of names etc.

There's no "hun newco" in any senior league in Scotland next season.

Div 3 left with uneven number of teams.

"Spawn of huns FC" finally gets it's shit together a year from now and takes the vacant spot in the league, with manager Ally McCoist, Chairman John Brown and midfield starlet Paul Gascoigne.

I suspect Spartans Edinburgh City or another non league side would step up if there was any vancancy.

This meeting must be coming to a close soon, there is no way a room full off football chairmen will last till after 2pm without the buffet.

It looks like the one on the right has already expired due to lack of Buffet.