Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Also, Chick Young and Tom English should never be allowed to forget their pathetic mocking of a real journalist. It's people like those cunts that undermine public trust in the entire industry.

Are you sure there are not two Tom English's?  I agree with the majority of his articles.  Today he was applauding the decision taken by the SFL teams, and last week he tried to take Jabba to task on Sportsound (admittedly only to be shot down by the loud mouth cretin).

Are you sure there are not two Tom English's?  I agree with the majority of his articles.  Today he was applauding the decision taken by the SFL teams, and last week he tried to take Jabba to task on Sportsound (admittedly only to be shot down by the loud mouth cretin).

English, for the most part, has drastically mis-judged this entire situation.  He claimed almost right up to the SPL vote that the huns would get a positive vote... they didn't.  And his arrogance on the subject up until that point meant he rightly got stick for it.. he did not take that like a man.  embarrassing just about covers it.

Latest from Clyde:

The club chairman attended a very sobering meeting of the SFL today where the 30 clubs voted on resolutions in the manner that they felt were, on balance, for the good of the game. Nobody had arrived at decisions easily and all had been placed in intolerable positions of having to decide without the basic information that would reflect good governance and having to speculate about unresolved matters around sanctions and membership of the SFA that other bodies had so far failed to deal with.

The outcome was never going to be a good one, but it was one of significant unity amongst the clubs. Even where clubs voted differently, it was not a divisive difference of views, everyone understood the complex mix of circumstances facing each club would never deliver unanimity of voting.

We reported this morning prior to the vote of all clubs that “Sevco Scotland Ltd will not be playing in the Third Division in the coming season." Nothing heard today altered that opinion, in fact, it strengthened it.

For the good of the game we need to see the SFA accept the will of its members, who all voted today, as members of the SFL, in the clear knowledge that the SFA had it in its power to refuse to transfer SFA membership to Sevco Scotland Ltd should the vote support the entry of Sevco Scotland Ltd into SFL3.

We were asked to respect the confidentiality of those presenting today as only that agreement would allow them to be as candid as they were. We cannot therefore share what was said, however Mr Green left the SFL member clubs in no doubt about what he had been told by the SFA.

The SFL saw a level of unity and unselfishness that owes significant credit to the First Division clubs who stated their intention to seek a 42 club solution and not to take part in a divisive alternative. This kind of unity, if maintained, will help deliver the change that the game so badly needs and the First Division clubs in particular will merit.

If the SFA now act to support any process to undermine the clear views of the SFL members, who are also members of the SFA, then this club will join others in questioning those in leadership.

Sadly for our game, this saga is not over, teams cannot plan and that includes Rangers, who may yet be denied the opportunity to play football in SFL3 because it suits the interests of others.

The SFL saw a level of unity and unselfishness that owes significant credit to the First Division clubs who stated their intention to seek a 42 club solution and not to take part in a divisive alternative. This kind of unity, if maintained, will help deliver the change that the game so badly needs and the First Division clubs in particular will merit.

One of the factors which hopefully mean any attempt at SPL2 will come to nothing.

One of the factors which hopefully mean any attempt at SPL2 will come to nothing.

In the telegraph article I read this morning, the livi chairmen was certain that an spl 2 was a non starter due to the unity of the first division teams. He felt that if the sfa didn't accept the sfl clubs decisions, it was more likely that they would end up in the spl again.

The bit in bold. The club have not sold anything like that figure of STs.

Sorry was on the mobile site so didn't see the bold.

Yeah I agree 9000 ST seems unlikely but that is the number for on Mad have claimed are sold.  If not true hopefully fans will support club in those kind of numbers given their stance this last few months.

Rangers FC are Ineligible to Play in the Scottish Cup, But SFA Has Included Them Anyway

In which I meander round the Rules of the Scottish Cup and look at some questions.

Why is Rangers FC ineligible for the Cup? Despite that the SFA have them included – pre-judging issues or an oversight?

Does the competition start when the draw is made or when the first match is played? This matters.

What round would an SFL3 Rangers enter the Cup in? It is not clear.

Can the Appellate Tribunal eject Rangers from this year’s Cup before the Preliminary Round takes place, or must it wait till after 4th August to have that option available?

Some answers can be found below.

—————————————————-

When the SFA disciplinary processes were ongoing earlier this year, and when Lord Glennie overturned the registration embargo, there was discussion about the possible alternative penalties which could be imposed.

On named in the appropriate section of the Judicial Panel Protocol was ejection from the Scottish Cup.

At that stage, back in May, I suggested that ejection implied an ongoing competition, and exclusion from the Scottish Cup, which was mentioned as a penalty for other offences, was the term dealing with being barred form entering the competition. Exclusion was not a penalty competent for bringing the game into disrepute.

Little did I think that the sanction to be imposed would still not be determined in mid July!

We are nearing the stage where, if the SFA approves the transfer of SFA membership to Sevco Scotland Ltd, ejection from the Scottish Cup might become competent.

I therefore had a look at the rules, which form part of the SFA Handbook.

The first thing is that the most important date seems to be when the competition begins. Is that when the draw is made, or when the first ball is kicked?

Rule 5 on page 124 of the handbook states that the competition shall commence on a date to be determined by the SFA Board. That helps!

The draw for the preliminary round has already been held, on 3rd July, and on 4th August the play in the competition starts with matches between Fort William and Preston Athletic and Keith and St Cuthbert Wanderers.

Rule 6 lists the eligibility criteria. This right now provokes a problem for Rangers FC, owned by Sevco Scotland Ltd. Rule 6 states that “entry to the competition is available to all clubs in full or associate membership of the Association”.

At this point Rangers FC do not have membership of the SFA. That is why they are trying to get the membership transferred.

Rangers Football Club PLC, which holds the membership at present is also not eligible to play in the competition, for the simple reason that it no longer owns or operates a football club!

If the Cup is deemed to commence at the draw, which would be logical, then Rangers FC will not be in it, as stated above. However, by my calculations, they are assumed by the SFA to be in the Cup.

There are 4 teams in the preliminary round. Two qualify for Round one where they are joined by 34 other teams.

In Round two 18 teams have made it through from Round One. At that stage ten teams from SFL3 together with the winners of the East of Scotland League and the South of Scotland League, and the winners and runners-up in the Highland League are added to the draw.

The 32 teams playing in Round two are reduced to 16 for Round three, where the SFL2 clubs, and six SFL1 teams enter.

These 32 are reduced to 16 for Round 4 where the remaining four SFL1 teams and the 12 SPL teams compete.

That seems to me to assume therefore that Rangers FC is in the competition, even though it is ineligible as shown above.

I am sure an organisation such as the SFA would not have made a mistake and not considered the issue of whether or not Rangers would be members of the SFA. Equally it would be wrong, I am sure, to suggest that the issue has been pre-judged and that the SFA knows that they will be members.

We must therefore work on the basis that the SFA intends to decide the membership issue before the competition starts on August 4th, and by implication that is the commencement date for the competition. However, as a club can, in my opinion, only be ejected from a competition where it has started, the Appellate Tribunal would be unable to consider ejection from the Scottish Cup as a penalty until (a) after 4th August and (b) the SFA has decided on the membership transfer.

That means that the SFA must deal with the issue of the membership transfer first. One effect of this is that the “easy way out” for the SFA of having the Appellate Tribunal suspend Rangers FC for a year, for example, which would allow league restructuring and Rangers FC to re-emerge in a higher division cannot work.

Indeed it might be argued that, until the membership is transferred, as long as Rangers FC maintains it is a continuation of the old club, there is no point in the Appellate Tribunal sitting, as the club cannot be suspended form a membership it does not have, nor be excluded from such a membership!

Therefore, by that logical (to me anyway) process, the SFA must decide on the membership transfer before the Appellate Tribunal convenes again. This must happen too before 4th August, if that is deemed the Commencement date of the Scottish Cup. The draw has been made on the assumption that Rangers FC will be taking part.

If the Appellate Tribunal is to have ejection from the competition available as a sanction, it must sit after the 4th August. Of course, at that stage any ejection from the Cup, or suspension or termination of membership will affect the relevant competition, leaving it a team short.

There is another complication too, in the event that Rangers FC play in the Scottish Cup, and are treated as the same Rangers FC as last season, as the owners, management and fans want.

At what stage would Rangers FC enter the competition?

Working on the assumption that Rangers FC play in SFL3 in the coming season, the rules state that, as a current SFL3 club, they are exempt from playing in Round One, and therefore would enter in Round Two.

The exemption for Round Two applies to the current members of the SPL and of SFL1 and SFL2. Therefore Rangers FC, of SFL3, enter the Cup in Round Two.

But here is the problem. The Rules state that the clubs which, in the previous season played in the SPL and finished in the top 4 of SFL1 are exempt from Round Three.

Rangers FC can claim that, as a team which played in the SPL last season, they are exempt until Round Four!

Rule 47 gives the SFA Board the power to amend, suspend or revise the rules as it deems appropriate to facilitate the smooth running of the competition. I suspect that Mr Regan might be looking at Rule 47 sooner rather than later!

St Mirren chairman seemingly now talking about yesterday's vote being a "catastrophe" - which means there was some sort of plan to get them into division 1.

There's way too much chat that newco are going to be in the SPL this season.  Surely to fuck the SPL aren't going to be that stupid?

Came across this belter of a comment from murdo mcleaoff

Rangers need to be allowed to sign players like Ian Black and Craig Beattie so they have a squad able to get out of the First Division in the first place.
  ::)

So. Murdo. You want there to be no "level playing field" just want "yer ain" back in the SPL ASAP with no chance for, say, Dundee, Dunfermline et al?

What a cunt of a cunt >:D I wish thon Brazillian free kick had knocke yer head straighoff as it's obviously no use for anything

Came across this belter of a comment from murdo mcleaoff

::)

So. Murdo. You want there to be no "level playing field" just want "yer ain" back in the SPL ASAP with no chance for, say, Dundee, Dunfermline et al?

What a cunt of a cunt >:D I wish thon Brazillian free kick had knocke yer head straighoff as it's obviously no use for anything

Don't know the context within what else was actually said, but in fairness, the statement is factually correct. The squad they're left with, coupled with the supposed transfer embargo, if it is ported to sevco, will really struggle, even in div 3, let alone div1.

St Mirren chairman seemingly now talking about yesterday's vote being a "catastrophe" - which means there was some sort of plan to get them into division 1.

There's way too much chat that newco are going to be in the SPL this season.  Surely to fuck the SPL aren't going to be that stupid?

Definitely there was a plan to get them into Div1. Stewart Gilmour's statement is an utter disgrace, especially when you compare it to other statements he has made on the newco situation. Fucking hypocrite! Votes no to newco in SPL, then slates SPL chairmen for the damage they have done to Scottish football!

I agree re surely the SPL aren't going to be that stupid, ...however so far we have St Mirren and ICT's arse's collapsing.

Ticketus being behind sevco/Green is a fairly old rumour, not without some substance, if only because no cunt knows who Green's backers are. Which is mystifying that there are votes about where the cunts will play but nothing about fit and proper person checks.

Long and short this whole sorry (and funny) saga has shown everyone one thing, the governing bodies ARE in it for, at the very least, one half of the duopoly, they are not just bending the rules they are just ignoring them and coughing a million quid from the SFA coffers for the fucking privilege.

MAD have the leaked email apparently, but I can't see the update on thomsons blog yet which said it would appear yet but anyway :

Dear all,

Many thanks for your contribution and support over the last two weeks in trying to deliver a programme of change that will move Scottish football forward whilst addressing the need to deal with the Rangers matter with integrity and in line with our own values as an organisation.

I was hugely encouraged with where we got to last night on a long and tiring phone call and I thank all of you for your efforts to move this issue forward.

I thought it would be helpful if I summarised where I think we are:

1. The Rangers Football Club will be relegated to the 1st Division of the SFL with immediate effect and will be replaced in the SPL by Dundee FC.

2. The television rights for Rangers FC matches in the SFL will be purchased by the SPL for the sum of A£1m as a one-off fee for the season 2012/2013.

3. The two leagues will merge into a single league body - The Scottish Professional Football League - effective season 2013/14 - with a working party set up immediately involving representatives from the SPL, SFL and (if required) the Scottish FA to plan the integration of the two bodies - people, rules, rebranding, commercial considerations and so on.

4. A new Board of Directors will be appointed to govern the single league. The make up of this Board will consist of an Independent Chairman, CEO, 3 representatives from the Premier League, 2 representatives from the Championship/Leagues 1 & 2 and 2 Independent Non-Executive Directors.

5. Play-offs will be introduced immediately with the first matches taking place at the end of the coming season 2012/2013.

6. Enhanced parachute payments will be implemented from the end of the season 2012/2013 to soften the landing for club(s) relegated from the Premier League.

7. A revised all-through distribution model will be put in place to provide: a) An all-through distribution model for clubs 1-22 and a minimum guarantee for 20 clubs in Leagues 1 & 2, equivalent to what they would earn under the current settlement agreement.

8. A Pyramid System will be put in place which open up the bottom of League 2 effective from the end of season 2013/2014 with the first opportunity for promoted clubs to enter the league being 2014/15 thus allowing for licensing to take place.

9. Consolidation below the Third Division to take place to create a Lowland & Highland League structure effective 2014/15 with appropriate play-offs and promotion/relegation to be put in place. Clubs to be briefed that the previous season 2013/2014 will involve the opportunity to enter play-offs for the first time.

In terms of actions/timings I think the following needs to happen in this coming week:

A) A joint statement today from all 3 bodies confirming that productive discussions have taken place on a new blueprint for Scottish football. Consultation will continue over the next two weeks with a view to clubs getting together week commencing 2nd July to try and agree the way forward. (D Broadfoot to provide this and circulate to DL/ND for approval)

B ) Rod P / Jim B to finalise the all-through financial model by Wednesday this week latest.

C) Neil / David to finalise the detail on Governance, Commercials and Play-Offs (ideally Monday/Tuesday) and incorporate these, plus the financials in B ) above into a legally binding Heads of Terms 'draft' for presentation to each league body w/c 2nd July.

D) DL to organise SFL Board Meeting w/c 25th June to gain buy-in to the plan and also arrange an all club meeting w/c 2nd July

E) ND to gain support from SPL Clubs 28th June

F) SFL Clubs Meeting to be planned for 3rd July

G) SPL Club Meeting to be planned for 4th July

H) Scottish FA Board to sign off on the final plan post 4th July. Subject to approval all bodies (including Newco) to sign legal documentation.

I) Agree joint communication strategy

J) In parallel to A-D above, could Rod Petrie please brief Charles Green confidentially on the discussions from a Scottish FA perspective so that there are 'no surprises' and there is a general acceptance of the plan plus all of the other conditions discussed e.g. transfer embargo, fines, repayment of football debt, waiving rights to legal challenge, acceptance of relegation and so on.

K) Andrew to ensure our check list of disclosures relating to Newco and Fit & Proper Person criteria are delivered by 2nd july. The Board will need these plus the Heads of Terms above in order to complete this plan.

The Scottish FA Board have agreed to provide a one-off restructuring budget of £1m on condition the above plan is delivered.

I hope this covers everything.

Speak soon...now off to the airport!

Regards

Stewart

I was hugely encouraged with where we got to last night on a long and tiring phone call and I thank all of you for your efforts to move this issue forward.

I thought it would be helpful if I summarised where I think we are:

1. The Rangers Football Club will be relegated to the 1st Division of the SFL with immediate effect and will be replaced in the SPL by Dundee FC.

When was the email written? Milne's statements both came out after this considering it refers to June 28th as being in the future. The second half of is in the public domain already and surely can't reflect the clubs' positions after all the votes etc.

Can't see how the bit highlighted could possibly happen without a complete reversal of every commitment the clubs have so far made to their fans.