Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Rangers: 'Some decisions driven by bigotry', says Charles Green

Charles Green has suggested that bigotry was among the motives for punishing the new Rangers for the misdemeanours of the old Ibrox club.

Rangers' chief executive was speaking as his new club started life in the Ramsdens Cup against Brechin City.

He was critical of the decision to deny the club a place in the top flight.

"Some of it has been driven by bigotry, some of its been driven by jealousy and some of its been driven by all the wrong motives," he said.

Rangers went into administration last season and Green's Sevco consortium created a new company after failing to prevent the old one being liquidated.

Scottish Premier League clubs voted against accepting the new club into the top flight and the Scottish Football League clubs voted them into Division Three instead of the First Division.

The Scottish Football Association said Rangers would only be given membership if they accepted sanctions for unpaid football debts by the oldco.

Green's consortium accepted those, but issues relating to media rights and an SPL investigation into how the old Rangers paid players in the previous decade held up the process to such an extent that only a conditional membership was given to allow them to face Brechin while more negotiations take place.

"My frustration's been, after 30 years of business, I have never experienced anything like the last three months," he said.

"Some of the business decisions that have been made really have been nonsensical from a business point of view.

"One of the meetings I went to, one of the reasons why SPL chairmen were under pressure to do something with Rangers was they wouldn't buy season tickets until Rangers were thrown out of the league."

Asked to expand on what he meant by bigotry, Green turned to pressure placed on SPL clubs by their own fans not to allow the new club into the top flight.

"We've got a position whereby Rangers were thrown out of the league and these clubs are still appealing with fans to buy season tickets," he said.

"What's happened with Rangers, as an outsider looking in, although I am now an insider, is absolutely incredible where it seems to me the whole of Scotland have wanted to kick this giant club while it was down.

"I think justice has been done. The club were fined 10 points, it received an £190,000 fine, it was then put out the SPL, it was then put down to the Third Division, it has had to pay all the Scottish club debts, which wouldn't normally happen for a newco to be obliged to pay oldco's debts.

"We're also now paying European debts and there is still potential cloud hanging over the club from the SPL over EBT issues.

"I had meetings last week with some Uefa officials who say this is unprecedented in Europe."

So far there has been no response from the SPL to Green's comments.

Kirk Broadfoot finally found his level?

Alexander, Goian, Bocanegra, Broadfoot, Wallace, McKay, Black, Hutton, Macleod, Little, McCulloch. Subs: Gallacher, Naismith, Crawford, Cole.

Fucking hard done by, aren't they with six internationalists in their starting line up  ::)

I almost threw my phone off the wall after listening to Charles Green on the BBC podcast. "There were some very strange business decisions made, one the clubs turned the decision to the fans, decisions were made on hatred and bigotry. GTF you twat!!!!

I almost threw my phone off the wall after listening to Charles Green on the BBC podcast. "There were some very strange business decisions made, one the clubs turned the decision to the fans, decisions were made on hatred and bigotry. GTF you twat!!!!

Playing to the gallery.

Best to ignore.

The arrogance of some of these comments is, frankly, staggering, even allowing for the fact it's them!

Rangers newco owner Charles Green has been accused of applauding as the club's fans chanted their hatred for the SFA and its chief executive Stewart Regan.

Full story: The Daily Record 

Green also claims that the newco will be in a stronger financial position than Celtic in a year's time.

The newco owner wants to give Ally McCoist a deal to remain as Ibrox manager for the next 25 years.

Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray sneered at SPL clubs alarmed by their finances and said they'll be begging for the newco to come back within a year.

Full story: The Scottish Sun 

Murray also claims the SPL will engineer league reconstruction in order to invite the newco into the top flight.

Full story: The Herald

The "25 year deal for Fatsally is hillarious on 2 levels though:-

1) He's crap

2) They winna be around in 25 years!

lol just went back to work after a weeks holiday only for a ned hun that stinkingly sits beside me to call me a bigot... lol... i was inches, inches away from lamping him you my right foot..

where are these huns intelligence sometimes...

At least five times generations removed. It is the inbreeding that does it. Have you checked the number of thumbs he has ;)

Felt very similar listening to Andy Cameron on 'Off the ball'. Why the BBC still give this man any air time is beyond me.

Seemed to me as if Cosgrove & Cowan just gave up with him