Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

A thought struck me the other day about these signings.

I assume they're all out of contract (or nearly out of contract), they can't sign or be a hun until September 1st, does that mean they don't get paid from contract end until September, can't play in that period and, I would also assume, they shouldn't be allowed to train with the scum either?

Former chief executive Charles Green will be cleared of having close links with former Rangers owner Craig Whyte, BBC Scotland understands.

An internal investigation, lasting more than a month, commissioned by Rangers into their business relationship has reached a conclusion.

It followed allegations by Whyte that he colluded with then chief executive Green to purchase the club's assets.

Green had resigned his post in the wake of the publicity surrounding the claim.

Whyte's claims of collusion caused concern with fans and other board members due to his troubled reign at Ibrox.

I see they've signed nicky clark, have we missed a trick with him?  He was on our books not long ago.

In fairness will probably do alright for them next season as only going to be playing at the level he was for QOTS this season. The challenge for him will be to produce it as NewCo move up the leagues.

Former Rangers manager Walter Smith could be named the club's new chairman.

It follows weeks of infighting at the club and countless attempts to remove the current chairman Malcolm Murray.

A board meeting in London on Wednesday was called in an effort to put an end to the turmoil and a move to make Smith chairman was discussed.

Smith, who won 10 league titles with the Ibrox club, has been a non-executive director since November.

Former Dundee United player and coach Smith became a Rangers assistant in 1986, becoming part of Graeme Souness's management team, and was promoted to the top job five years later.

Smith followed Souness's two successive league titles with seven more to equal Celtic's record of nine on the bounce.

After leaving Ibrox in 1998, Smith managed Everton and Scotland before returning to Rangers in 2007 and, with McCoist as assistant, he led the club to three more titles.

He must be mad.

• 2 weeks later...

A new contender has emerged who wants to replace Green at Sevco....

JS18196769-1949395.jpg

KIERAN PRIOR stayed true to his word yesterday when he snapped up 1.2 per cent of Rangers – then vowed to demand answers on behalf of fans.

The City whizzkid forked out almost £400,000 on 785,000 shares, right, with the promise of a further purchase.

Record Sport told yesterday how the former Goldman Sachs trader, who has one of the highest IQs in the world, wanted to invest in the club he has supported since childhood.

Prior, 34. who has cerebral palsy and has been disabled since birth, intends to “look under the bonnet” of the club with a view to eventually extending his shareholding to between five and 10 per cent.

He told Record Sport: “I can confirm I’ve purchased 1.2 per cent of the club and I plan to increase my stake in the next 24 hours, subject to supply.

“I’ve put my money where my mouth is. I understand the scepticism by fans around my appearance on the scene, given the way they’ve been mistreated in the past. However, it’s my aim to instil a degree of confidence among the supporters and I’ve done what I said I would do.

The Salford born 34-year-old, now based in London, has cere­bral palsy and reportedly has an IQ level of 234, ranking him one of the most intelligent men in the world.

Prior is a Manchester United fan whose family originally hail from Galway but claims to have a soft spot for the Light Blues which is why he says he will purchase up to 1.4 per cent of Rangers.

Rangers media love him

Apparently his wheelchair was blessed by the Pope and he refuses to stand for the National anthem.

Made his money as he has saved on buying trainers over the years.

Oddball bastard

Timmaayyy  :rofl: