Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

“It’s absolutely pathetic that someone would go to that extreme. I don’t know the exact circumstances but it looks like it’s been a premeditated attack on the Rangers team bus

Really, Ally? I'd say McCoist is prime suspect... heard there was a decent R*angers Coach about and thought he was going to get sacked....

Rangers chief executive Craig Mather will pick up £500,000 per year at Ibrox - a salary that has angered some within the club, BBC Scotland has learned.

Mather was given the role on a permanent basis earlier this month, having initially taken an interim role following Charles Green's departure.

Green was on a salary of around £350,000 at Ibrox.

And the increase for the new CEO has raised eyebrows with some on the board and some major shareholders.

The concern comes as the club, it is understood, continues to lose cash on a monthly basis.

Mather invested £1m after Green, who left the club over allegations about his business dealings with former owner Craig Whyte , led a consortium to buy the club's assets following administration and liquidation last year.

One source told BBC Scotland: "Given where the club is at the moment, the salary is just bizarre.

"It appears to be a premiership salary for a Scottish Second Division chief executive.

"It comes at a time when the club continues to cut costs and just sends out the wrong message."

• 2 weeks later...

ANother 1p down on share price, apparently being driven down by the rumours Ibrox has still to get a safety certificate due to an unsafe roof.

7 pre-season games for the huns - all away from home seems to point that work is being done.

ANother 1p down on share price, apparently being driven down by the rumours Ibrox has still to get a safety certificate due to an unsafe roof.

7 pre-season games for the huns - all away from home seems to point that work is being done.

Or that the cost of opening Ibrox compared to the money they'd get in from crowds means it makes sense to play away from home?...

A quick newsflash on other football matters:

Rangers say they'll seek clarification over what they believe are anomalies in punishments handed out to them and other clubs in administration. Hearts today received a transfer embargo until the end of January 2014, while Rangers were fined £50,000 last summer.

A club statement says Rangers also received a 12-month registration embargo but that was initially handed out for bringing the game into disrepute.

Aye the embargo that isn't?

Cunts, just as paranoid as the other arsecheek!

Speaking afterwards at Station Park, when asked for his thoughts on Green's remarks, McCoist said: "I was appalled by them to be quite honest with you. "The self-acclaimed straight-talking Yorkshireman has again let himself down.

"His contempt and total lack of respect for my players, for our football club, for our support and Scottish football in general is appalling - and he is an embarrassment."

"If it was a threat then the self-acclaimed straight-talking Yorkshireman should know that boys from the West of Scotland don't scare easily.

"If he does come back, I'll certainly go and pick him at the airport. I won't have a problem doing that.

"It's just more hot air that we've come to expect from Charles."

And McCoist, who was unhappy with Green branding his players "the worst Rangers team ever" last season, made it clear he did not welcome the Yorkshireman's return.

He said: "After I've given him that endorsement it would be crazy of me to say 'welcome back Charles'.

"But our players picked up the newspaper at breakfast to be reminded they're the worst team in Rangers' history.

"I'll tell you, that would be bad luck - to have the worst Rangers team in history and the worst chief executive in history at the same time. That's downright bad luck.

:rofl: