Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Dave King has urged Rangers fans not to buy season tickets and has accused the board of an "extreme act of bad faith".

The former Ibrox director is upset the club have asked fans to renew their season tickets before the completion of a review of the business's operations.

King will set up a bank account for fans to pay their renewal money into and act as custodian alongside former Rangers captain Richard Gough.

And King has warned of the the potential "loss of the club".

King's intervention signals an end to his attempts to work with the directors in a bid to address the club's financial problems.

He met the board last month and agreed to grant them time to complete chief executive Graham Wallace's business review and draw up a plan to fund the club.

The board pledged to release the details of Wallace's review, which he said at last December's annual general meeting would take 120 days, before fans are asked to renew their season tickets. The deadline for that period is 17 April.

"The chairman [David Somers] has advised me that the board will now only issue the review at the end of the season ticket renewal period and it will consequently not be timeously made available to fans," King said.

"Disturbingly, the chairman has advised me that the true intention of the board had always been to delay issuing the review until funds had been largely collected.

"I apologise to all fans for wasting time by lending credibility to the board's false representations. I was wrong to give them the benefit of the doubt. At least we now can no longer have any uncertainty about governance at the club.

"It is common cause that the club is not a going concern without access to the season ticket loan from the fans. It is also common cause that the season ticket money will only provide partial relief in advance of a more permanent recapitalisation.

"I have hitherto urged restraint in dealing with the board, however due to this extreme act of bad faith I believe that it is vital that fans now withhold season ticket money from this board and similarly refuse to support the club by way of the purchase of replica kit or any other retail product."

The board had to borrow £1.5m last February from two shareholders - George Letham and Sandy Easdale - to meet costs and that money will be paid back from the first tranche of season ticket income.

Wallace has pledged to cut costs, but season ticket income is critical. In the interim results published last month, going concern status was only granted on the basis of an increase in season ticket prices and a rise in sales.

As a consequence of that note in the accounts, the board need to ring-fence any season ticket income that arrives, until they are certain that the business is a going concern for the next 12 months.

The Union of Fans - a coalition of supporters groups - has pledged to set up a season ticket trust fund, for fans to pay their money into. The intention was to then provide the money to the club in return for security over the property assets, which the directors have insisted they will not borrow against.

The account that is to be set up, with King, Gough and other individuals voted for by fans as custodians, will essentially provide the basis for the trust fund.

"As a minimum, the board must provide the club property as security against the season ticket money," added King.

"I recognise that fans will have anxiety about 'betraying' the club and the risk of loss of a cherished seat at Ibrox. However, the time has come when the trade-off is a potential loss of a seat against the loss of the club. That would be the real betrayal. This board has lost its right to be dealt with on a good faith basis."

Zombies cause Simonsen to delete his twitter account on account of abuse directed against him and his children

Same old, same old

Christ is there no depths they'll not trawl

Fat Sally laughing about it and saying footballers shouldn't be on twitter.

Not even a hint of any wrong doing of zombie supporters, or hint of understanding the distress caused to Simonsen and his family.

Think I'm right in saying that they were folk calling for us to go for Simonsen afore he joined the zombies last summer, or is my mind totally fucked  ???

One of Rangers' major shareholders has told BBC Scotland that the financial situation at Ibrox is "fragile".

Rangers' recent accounts were signed off for the next 12 months on the basis of an uplift in season ticket sales, but Sandy Easdale said indications were that sales were "slow".

Ahead of the publication of the board's business review, he urged "loyal" fans to show their support to the club.

Easdale also warned that Rangers would not survive a second administration.

The major shareholder, speaking exclusively to BBC Scotland, admitted that the situation was "fragile".

"At the end of the day, the club is at a crossroads at the moment and a fragile position. It can either go forward with a strategic view, with a long-term view, steady as she goes, or be pulled apart in other directions.

"I don't actually know the figures (for season ticket renewals) but I think there's a couple of situations there; we're a couple of weeks early. People are waiting for a report. At this moment in time, ticket sales are what I'd say are slow."

Asked whether they would be in sufficient number in order to sustain Rangers in the short-term, Easdale said: "We've got all the numbers; me and [chief executive Graham Wallace] are confident and the board's quite confident that we'll meet those numbers.

"To answer the question, some of the fans will say when I answer it that, that it's blackmail or we're putting them into emotional blackmail.

"But I would say that, in 140 years, a lot of boards and directors came and went but there's only been one club.

"If you're loyal and you support the club, then come out and support the club. It doesn't matter who's running the club or who wants to run the club; the main thing is the loyal supporters need to come out, by a man, and stand by the club.

"That's what the club's been built on: loyalty."

Asked whether supporters not renewing could run the risk of a second administration, Easdale replied: "That's a difficult question. And it's a question that I don't want to need to answer or be in a position that this board would be forced into that situation.

"Again, I would say that in 140 years, the club's gone into administration once; I don't think it would survive a second one.

"So, I would ask every loyal Rangers fan, and I pick my words correctly in saying loyal Rangers fans, supports the club at this time and gives it a chance.

"We don't want to go back to the dark days of administration. Everything's a possibility and at the moment we've got to look on a positive as a board, taking it forward.

"At the moment, there is a lot of noise around the Trust; we don't know the situation with the Trust.

"But, as from a board, it's business as usual. We've got to keep going forward."

Asked about the completion of Graham Wallace's 120-day business review, and fans seeking clarity on a range of issues, Easdale continued: "I hope it answers all their [the fans'] questions; it answers our questions and it's a clear indication where Graham and the board want to take the club.

"The content of which we hope's enough, because obviously, I'm not going to hide behind it as usual: Stock Exchange reasons, price sensitivities, all these things are in the wider report.

"So, we're kind of tied by the Stock Exchange in what we can say. As for me, I'd love to tell the fans all, but, the PLC board is tied by rules and regulations."

Additionally, a senior source at Ibrox has told BBC Scotland he believes Rangers are "on a life-support machine".

When was this first administration? Did I miss something?

http://www.investegate.co.uk/rangers-int-f-c--plc--rfc-/rns/business-review-and-strategic-plan-update/201404251100045425F/

Review is out and is hilarious. Can't accept debit or credit card payments for the sale of STs.

Will be top two of the SPFL in their first season back, apparently...

Its a farce they are still allowed to trade. If the SFA were the fair and impartial organisation they are supposed to be this mob we be getting booted out of football once and for all.

Why the fuck can't they accept credit/debit cards? ???

If you pay for something with a CC and the company goes tits up, the CC company will refund you.  In this case, the CC company obviously think there is a very good chance the huns could go tits up and rightly want security on this. The huns can't give them any, so they withdraw their services. 

Also means that huns paying for STs in cash, cheque, bank transfer etc will lose all their money. Conversely, the brass at Ibrox will have pocketed it before putting the company into Admin.

Sad state of affairs when even someone like PAYATRADER or similar won't deal with them...

The last part looks a little like an abridged version of director accounts and suggests they were penniless as of December 2013??

This is supposed to entice investors on the AIM??

Mental.

Still those in charge will be entitled to season ticket money plus however many of the 43400000 £0.01 shares (max £434000) they can convince the mugs to buy before administrators are called in. Nice gig if you can get it...