Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29164336

Rangers fans' group Sons of Struth will ballot its 1,500 members in the next 24 hours on boycotting home matches in protest at how the club is being run.

The group's co-founder Craig Houston told BBC Scotland fans are concerned about recent developments at Ibrox.

He says they are angry that club director Sandy Easdale met businessman Rafat Rizvi, who is wanted by Interpol for finance crimes.

And the naming rights for Ibrox being sold for £1 has caused further dismay.

"We'll be putting it to our members and asking them to decide if they wish us to do something," said Houston.

"We might not do any [boycott], we might do one game or we might go for the whole season, but our club should not be in this position.

"We put out leaflets at a game over a year ago suggesting that Rafat Rizvi was involved in investing in the club back then.

"We've been asking as fans for over a year now to tell us who these faceless investors who are running our club are.

"We don't get any answers and because this man pops up again - miraculously, coincidentally - that has raised a few eyebrows within the Rangers support.

"And we seem to have sold our naming rights to our stadium for £1; the fact that it's been sold is one aspect, but the worst aspect is the £1."

Sons of Struth's move follows Wednesday's opposition by supporters' group Union of Fans to Rizvi's involvement with the Championship club.

Rangers deny that Malaysian Datuk Faizoull Bin Ahmad is considering investing. He visited Ibrox Stadium and the club's Murray Park training ground and had lunch with Easdale and Rizvi.

Houston also indicated that fans could consider a boycott of Sports Direct, the sportswear retailer owned by Rangers shareholder Mike Ashley.

He said the key thing the fans want is transparency, something "we've been asking for the 12 months of our existence".

Asked if he was concerned that a boycott could threaten Rangers' future, Houston said: "This board, who have been placed by the same people that have placed every board member in Ibrox since Charles Green's time, have got the blood on their hands should Rangers go into administration, not the fans.

"The fans have given these people 100,000 season tickets over three years, they gave them £22m in IPO, they've bought shirts and merchandise.

"We were filling stadiums in the bottom tier of Scottish football.

"So for anybody to suggest that Rangers fans, if they take an action of boycotting, are in any way to drive that final nail in the coffin, I would suggest they are looking in the wrong place."

BBC Scotland asked Rangers to comment on the boycott threat, but has yet to receive a reply.

I wonder if those 1500 are season ticket holders? If so a boycott pretty much achieves next to fuck all.

If they aren't then boycotting one game will achieve next to fuck all.

Boycotting for the rest of the season on the other hand..... probably fuck all but would make it a bit more interesting  (Average home attendance so far this season apparently just over 27000)  :wave:

Exceptionally bad day to be a zombie....

1. Paid out compo to Ahmed

2. Ashley says he won't increase his stake in Der Hun

3. They marginally reach their cash target via share issue.

4. Take point one away from point three and they're still fucked.

In summary...... burn ya bastards

• 3 weeks later...
Ally McCoist has hinted that he could never manage another club should he leave Rangers.

Like he'd get the chance?

Rangers manager Ally McCoist insists it is wrong to expect his side to win the Scottish Championship at a canter because their football budget is so vastly superior to anything else in the league and is unapologetic in suggesting he would accept promotion through the play-offs.

In other words........"I'm a shite manager" and "I'm fucking desperate"

Both quotes courtesy of the BBC

Like he'd get the chance?

In other words........"I'm a shite manager" and "I'm fucking desperate"

Both quotes courtesy of the BBC

It's fucking astounding he's lasted this long. Should Hearts continue their current form I can't see fat cheat sally lasting beyond Christmas. If only hibs or Falkirk would pull the finger oot he could get his p45 even sooner.

It's fucking astounding he's lasted this long. Should Hearts continue their current form I can't see fat cheat sally lasting beyond Christmas. If only hibs or Falkirk would pull the finger oot he could get his p45 even sooner.

Thing is they cannot afford to sack him. Apparently it will cost them £1.5M to get rid of Fat Sally and his two assistants.

Thing is they cannot afford to sack him. Apparently it will cost them £1.5M to get rid of Fat Sally and his two assistants.

I hope you're right.  If Hearts are well ahead come January I fully expect the huns to have 'come to an agreement' with the management team to go their separate ways.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4 lifted in England

They are being held in connection with the alleged "fraudulent acquisition" of the Ibrox club in 2012.

The raid took place at a number of addresses and officers from Thames Valley Police, Cheshire Police and Surrey Police assisted their Scottish counterparts.