Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

An arrest warrant has been issued for former Rangers owner Craig Whyte following an investigation into the club's sale in 2011, it is understood.

The development came after four men were detained in England.

David Grier, Paul Clark and David Whitehouse worked for Duff and Phelps, who were Rangers' administrators.

Gary Withey worked for law firm Collier Bristow, which represented Craig Whyte before he bought Rangers from Sir David Murray for £1 in 2011.

The four men were held during early morning raids at addresses across the UK in an operation that involved officers from Police Scotland, Surrey Police, Cheshire Police and Thames Valley Police.

Police Scotland have been investigating the sale of Rangers from Sir David Murray to Craig Whyte for more than a year.

A spokesman for Police Scotland said: "Four men have been detained as a result of the ongoing investigation into the alleged fraudulent acquisition of Rangers Football Club.

"Around 6am on Friday, Police Scotland officers, assisted by officers from Thames Valley Police, Cheshire Police and Surrey Police, attended a number of addresses in England and detained four men."

Duff and Phelps spokesman Marty Dauer said the firm was aware that three employees in the UK had been "detained for questioning in connection with work performed for Rangers Football Club".

He said this work "was commenced while these employees were part of MCR Partners, prior to its acquisition by Duff & Phelps in October of 2011".

He added: "Duff & Phelps has performed an internal investigation and commissioned an independent investigation of the related matters.

"As a result, we believe that our work for Rangers was conscientious, thorough and properly performed in every respect.

"Duff and Phelps has actively co-operated with all relevant investigating authorities throughout this process."

Mr Dauer said a subsequent review by the Insolvency Practitioners Association in 2013 had "cleared the firm of any wrongdoing or conflict of interest" over its involvement with Rangers.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist said: "Obviously I can't or wouldn't comment on a current police matter, but I would have to say I'm shocked.

"Obviously I can't pre-judge what is going to happen.

"Our concern has always been for the staff and supporters. What's happened to us in the last two-and-a-half, three years has been very tough, particularly on the staff and supporters.

"We just want to continue with our attempts to get the club back to where we feel we belong."

The development is the latest twist in a three-year saga involving Rangers.

Mr Whyte bought Rangers from Sir David Murray for £1 in May 2011 and gave an undertaking to settle its £18m Lloyds Bank debt.

It later emerged he paid the debt by selling three years of season tickets to finance firm Ticketus for £25m.

Rangers entered administration on 14 February 2012, while under Mr Whyte's control, over non-payment of tax totalling about £14m.

Mr Clark and Mr Whitehouse from Duff and Phelps were appointed as joint administrators.

HMRC subsequently rejected a creditors agreement which would have allowed Rangers to exit administration.

That resulted in Charles Green's consortium taking control and Rangers being accepted to play in the Scottish Third Division.

The administration and subsequent liquidation of Rangers resulted in Mr Whyte's deal with Ticketus being declared void. The finance firm successfully sued him for £18m over the failed deal.

Mr Whyte was later banned from being a company director for the maximum period of 15 years after a judge heard his conduct in dealing with Rangers was "shocking and reprehensible".

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of former Rangers owner Craig Whyte after he failed to attend a High Court hearing.

The 43-year-old had previously been warned he faced jail following his decision not to appear previously in a case brought against him by Ticketus.

The case was due to be heard on Thursday at the High Court in London but Whyte and his legal team failed to attend, leading to Mr Justice Newey issuing the warrant for his arrest.

Attempts had been made previously to contact the ex-Rangers chief to no avail, with Mr Justice Arnold issuing a "suspended committal order" back in October warning him against a future non-appearance.

The businessman has now failed to appear at hearings related to the case on four occasions.

Just lost to Hearts, they now have a 9 point lead over the blue meanies  ;D

Ian Black conceded a penalty as well, what a joyous sight it is seeing them all so miserable.  Typical Huns, resorted to trying to injure Hearts players once they realised they weren't going to win it.  Lucky to have ended with 10 men, but weak referring let them get away with it.

Just lost to Hearts, they now have a 9 point lead over the blue meanies  ;D

Ian Black conceded a penalty as well, what a joyous sight it is seeing them all so miserable.  Typical Huns, resorted to trying to injure Hearts players once they realised they weren't going to win it.  Lucky to have ended with 10 men, but weak referring let them get away with it.

They really should have left with 8 men. Miller and Boyd should have been off. It was clear there tactics were to disrupt the game as much as possible from the start. What a strange horrible team they are.

They really should have left with 8 men. Miller and Boyd should have been off. It was clear there tactics were to disrupt the game as much as possible from the start. What a strange horrible team they are.

One of the boys that got binned (McHattie I think?) out for 6 weeks as result.  ::) I think it was Kenny Miller's tackle assault.

Really pleased to see Hearts get a deserved victory Sevco get a deserved loss.

One of the boys that got binned (McHattie I think?) out for 6 weeks as result.  ::) I think it was Kenny Miller's tackle assault.

Really pleased to see Hearts get a deserved victory Sevco get a deserved loss.

I'm still amazed how those cunts got away with it.  Hearts have shown those scum bags how it's done, and fair play to them. I really hope to fuck that sevconians miss out in the play-offs. Horrible team, much like their predecessors.

End of january will be an interesting time should they still be trading.

Fixture list from Christmas time - February 1st

Hibernian (away)

Dumbarton (home)

Alloa (away) (Managed to draw with them twice so far)

Hearts (home)

Cowdenbeath (away)

Celtic (cup)

now if only Hibs or Queen of the South can get some consistency going.

Whyte due to appear in court in Glasgow today.

Have a feeling that things are about to get even more interesting.

Anyone else get the feeling that he'll sing like a canary and be happy to take all and sundry down in order to save himself.

He's supposedly recorded most of his conversations with other parties. I'm sure these will be used to save his own skin.  Surely only a matter of time until David Murray is wheeled in to answer a few questions too..?

He's supposedly recorded most of his conversations with other parties. I'm sure these will be used to save his own skin.  Surely only a matter of time until David Murray is wheeled in to answer a few questions too..?

Love the use of subtle humour there Bobby  :thumbsup: