Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Pathetically only a few of them seem to care about anything more than that he's irish/probably Catholic. Only one of them even has clocked that he would never be interested in dropping down a division or that we wouldn't sell to them.

Fucking Huns

Sums up his ambition to be honest!

Rangers: Danny Wilson returns to Ibrox from Hearts

Danny Wilson has become Mark Warburton's first signing as Rangers manager, with the defender returning to Ibrox after leaving Hearts.

The 23-year-old decided to leave Tynecastle after they beat Rangers to the Scottish Championship title and has agreed a three-year contract.

He will be introduced to the media in Glasgow on Tuesday.

Wilson, who had also been linked with Celtic, began his career at Ibrox but was sold to Liverpool for £2m in 2010.

He failed to become a regular at Anfield and had loan spells with Blackpool, Bristol City and Hearts, the latter becoming permanent.

Warburton admitted on Monday that former Scotland Under-21 international Wilson, who was Hearts' captain, was one of the players attracting his interest.

A fee has also been agreed with Wigan Athletic for defender Rob Kiernan, while veteran midfielder John Eustace is also a target after being released by Derby County.

"We are making progress," said Warburton, "We hopefully have a positive few days ahead.

Rob Kiernan leaves Rangers' Murray Park training ground

Rob Keirnan was at Rangers' Murray Park training ground on Monday

"There are a number of targets and, as you can imagine, we have to be discreet."

However, Warburton stressed that, while he was looking for a couple of experienced leaders, he was mainly targeting young, "hungry" players with potential and who "passionately" want to play for Rangers.

"I think marquee signings are dangerous," he said. "The biggest mistake we could make is to panic and get the wrong players at the wrong time.

"The club we have just come from, Brentford, the average age was 23 and a half I believe, and we had a 33-year-old and 34-year-old in that."

Eustace, who had a spell on loan to Dundee United from Coventry City before time with Middlesbrough, Stoke City, Hereford United and Watford, has been earmarked as a potential captain.

"People like John Eustace are few and far between," said Warburton of the 35-year-old. "People like John are ultra-professional on and off the pitch. They are great role models.

"They are playing the game at a very high level at 33, 34, 35 because they look after themselves, they train well, they eat well, they conduct themselves well.

John Eustace (right) celebrates a goal for Derby

Eustace (right) spent two years with Derby

"If you look at his record and the win ratio when John's playing, it's really important. He had a big role to play at Derby over the last few years."

The 24-year-old Kiernan had appeared poised to join Birmingham City after a loan spell with Wigan's English Championship rivals until Rangers agreed a fee.

"I'd like to bring him," said Warburton. "He is a very talented player and hopefully we are near the end of good negotiations.

"I know him very well from a younger age - technically a very gifted player, 6ft 3in, comfortable at Championship level down south and, if we can get him, he would be a good addition."

Meanwhile, Warburton said Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan was only "one of a hundred" players Rangers were considering and expressed no knowledge of being linked with Aarhus central defender Jens Jonsson.

Also related to this story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33229982

From a selfish perspective, I'm glad as it makes hearts weaker but what the hell is he thinking? A chance to play in the premiership with a decent and stable side, or staying in lower division? Oh wait, he's a Hun. I just hope Ashley starts to stoke the fires again, all too quiet at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Dream move to England.  :wave:

:rofl:

I see the cunts have put in a measly £100k bid for Scott Allan. Good to see Hibs turn it straight down.  Had a look at the Ibrox loyal fezbook page after someone shared a link "he's as good as a Rangers player, deal is done". Aye, good one.

:rofl:

I see the cunts have put in a measly £100k bid for Scott Allan. Good to see Hibs turn it straight down.  Had a look at the Ibrox loyal fezbook page after someone shared a link "he's as good as a Rangers player, deal is done". Aye, good one.

Offer was £175,000 in total but Sevco wanted to pay it up. Statement on Hibs website about it.

Slightly related

Everyone's favourite microwave omelette maker banned for 10 games for 'secrtarian' abuse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33651775

Personal favourite quote is

"Broadfoot was also fined £7,500 and ordered to complete an education programme."

Ha, look at this! They have no shame :o

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2015/jul/24/daily-record-sanitises-story-of-player-banned-for-sectarian-tirade?CMP=share_btn_fb

Strange statement to release. I assume they are fishing for some more offers from other clubs now that they have an unhappy player.

Hibs have changed their tune from the weekend. Then, they said they would not sell Allan.

Now they are saying they won't sell Allan. To Sevco.

The Arabs seem confident tonight they have signed him

cant  see him  going united.  personally canna understand the fuss over the guy,  mcinnies has said were not after him and that pleases me.

Agreed on all counts. Why would we want to sign a player that's just going to want to move to the horribles as soon as possible?  Fuck that. 

• 1 month later...
Former Rangers chief executive Charles Green is likely to face charges relating to his time at the club, BBC Scotland has learned.

On Tuesday morning he arrived at Livingston police station for talks with officers.

Mr Green took control at Rangers after buying the club's assets following administration and liquidation in 2012.

He stepped down following allegations that he was working in conjunction with the club's former owner Craig Whyte.

Mr Whyte has already been charged with being involved in a fraudulent scheme to take control of the club in 2011.

He and three others were released on bail last year.

It is unclear what charges Mr Green is facing, but he has already spoken to the police on three occasions.

Seen a lot of huns foaming at their unwashed mouths over this baying for his blood. It's almost as if they still don't realise that the mismanagement cheating of their club began in the 90s when David Murray took over and that their demise wasn't down to Green or any of his equally despicable cronies.