Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

From today's BBC gossip

New lenders John Bennett, Barry Scott and Andy Ross - the latter two based in Hong Kong - have joined chairman Dave King and directors Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor in providing credit facilities to the Ibrox club. (Daily Record) 

Meanwhile, Rangers will complete their second signing of the January transfer window with Polish free agent goalkeeper Maciej Gostomski moving to Glasgow after winger Harry Forrester signed a short-term deal. (Sun) 

They need MORE credit, but are signing MORE players? Surely this needs to end :hammer:>:D

Well I'm guessing Scotland has no FFP rule, but needing to borrow money to pay for the squad you have, before adding to it would surely breach this. I was more referring to there being a finite number of pricks with a finite amount of money to loan to keep bailing out the cunts. That is what needs to end.

And a Happy New Year t you Rocket

So what rule has been breached?

It's not "unfair" to borrow money. Milne borrowed millions to put us in debt.

Unlike Rangers, he didn't borrow to invest in the product.

We've probably got differing opinions on whether borrowing huge amounts of money or consistently living well without your means in order to try and buy success is unfair and I've no desire to debate it with you as it'll just end up the same way it always does.

I've no idea if they have broken any rules, but then again I hadn't said they had. I'd look in to it but frankly I don't care all that much, they can spend their way into oblivion for all I care.

http://www.uefa.com/community/news/newsid=2064391.html

That should give you a summary of FFP, although your point about Milne is irrelevant seeing as it's a fairly new set of rules and from memory we started living within our means quite a while before they were introduced.

What an arsey attitude! You cared enough to jump into a debate between two other people?

Thank you for posting that but after 30 seconds examination, it is obvious that your point about my point about Milne was erroneous. It is indeed irrelevant for Milne and AFC but not because of the timing of the introduction of the rules but because of the amount of moneys involved being so large that it doesn't affect small clubs like ours.

You missed the bigger point regarding the financial mismanagement of AFC for a period exceeding 20 years but maybe you don't care about that either? At least the hordes of darkness are showing ambition to invest in players, however they acquire their funds, unlike us who have NEVER shown any boardroom ambition to succeed on the pitch.

Read the annual accounts if you're interested in AFC plc.

What an arsey attitude! You cared enough to jump into a debate between two other people?

Thank you for posting that but after 30 seconds examination, it is obvious that your point about my point about Milne was erroneous. It is indeed irrelevant for Milne and AFC but not because of the timing of the introduction of the rules but because of the amount of moneys involved being so large that it doesn't affect small clubs like ours.

You missed the bigger point regarding the financial mismanagement of AFC for a period exceeding 20 years but maybe you don't care about that either? At least the hordes of darkness are showing ambition to invest in players, however they acquire their funds, unlike us who have NEVER shown any boardroom ambition to succeed on the pitch.

Read the annual accounts if you're interested in AFC plc.

I merely answered your question on what FFP was, I had intended on being helpful but I'd forgotten that was a lost cause.

I'd also disagree that AFC have shown no boardroom ambition, the board lived well out with their means to invest in an on field product in the 90's/00's and it just didn't work, we've also recently been investing in the squad, even paying transfer fees which is unthinkable for a lot of teams in the league. There has been ambition, just no results.

And of course I care about the financial management of the club, it doesn't mean I'll constantly rant about it or embark on another tirade about Milne though.

I merely answered your question on what FFP was, I had intended on being helpful but I'd forgotten that was a lost cause.

No you didn't answer my question directed to another. He answered it.

When you stuck your oar in: -

1. you presumed to know my position and therefore that we would "probably have differing opinions"

2. on something that you then twisted to express in indisputable terms.

3. You expressed no desire to debate because

4. it would end up a certain way, you predicted.

5. You then said you didn't know anything about whether or not they had and

6. you didn't care "all that much".

7. The final proof of you spoiling for a confrontation was you saying that my point about Milne was irrelevant

8. and even gave the completely wrong reason for it not affecting us.

So I think it has been YOUR prejudgements and your arsehole behaviour that prevents intelligent and reasoned dialogue between us, not mine. Once again.

Well I'm guessing Scotland has no FFP rule, but needing to borrow money to pay for the squad you have, before adding to it would surely breach this. I was more referring to there being a finite number of pricks with a finite amount of money to loan to keep bailing out the cunts. That is what needs to end.

And a Happy New Year t you Rocket

Isn't it the case that these new players are signed on six month deals? Like a lot of their other signings in the summer, they're only paying them until the summer. They are working on getting cash to see them through to the summer - hence the £6.5m loan to pay off the £5m loan. There's not much of a future in what they're doing but I don't think there's anything "wrong" with it, per se.

No you didn't answer my question directed to another.

I think you'll find I did...

He answered it.

I think you'll find he didn't...

No you didn't answer my question directed to another. He answered it.

When you stuck your oar in: -

1. you presumed to know my position and therefore that we would "probably have differing opinions"

2. on something that you then twisted to express in indisputable terms.

3. You expressed no desire to debate because

4. it would end up a certain way, you predicted.

5. You then said you didn't know anything about whether or not they had and

6. you didn't care "all that much".

7. The final proof of you spoiling for a confrontation was you saying that my point about Milne was irrelevant

8. and even gave the completely wrong reason for it not affecting us.

So I think it has been YOUR prejudgements and your arsehole behaviour that prevents intelligent and reasoned dialogue between us, not mine. Once again.

I got a little bored and I won't be responding to each point but I will add that your point regarding Milne is irrelevant, as usual. Debates with you always seem to go the same way, which is why I've got no desire to get into this in any great detail.

However I disagree that I gave the wrong reason why it FFP doesn't affect us, we could quite easily over spend to the extent that we are breaking the FFP rules, the fact is that we don't though... Because we follow the rules, which are affect all clubs whether you see that or not.

I ignored the further insult yet again and here was where you are mistaken: -

Excuse my ignorance but what is FFP?

Financial Fair Play.

EDIT: Doh! Yes I was mistaken. Sorry!

I just assumed he wouldn't be so rude and so pussy not to answer a simple question, one that wasn't contentious in the least.

I just assumed he wouldn't be so rude and so pussy not to answer a simple question, one that wasn't contentious in the least.

:rofl:

Oh I enjoyed that so very much, thank you rocket  :wave:

Apology accepted  ;)

Assuming that's aimed at me I do have other things that occupy my time, and I am 6 hours behind in a different timezone, and it had been answered already.

OK

Assuming that's aimed at me I do have other things that occupy my time, and I am 6 hours behind in a different timezone, and it had been answered already.

OK

You sat on the thread for twenty minutes after I asked.

As you well know.

Spontaneity and manners never been your forte.

You'll not learn so here's a hint...

Post something interesting and of what you know or feel.

The paradox of this thread being about the ugliest side of Scottish football contrasting what I've just experienced and what we were talking about.

Sky Arts just showed Lady Chatterley, a French film with subtitles. It was stunningly beautiful.

There is equal beauty and ugliness in this world. It just depends what we choose to seek.

It's a law of nature. Yin and Yang. Buddhism teaches this directly. Christianity does not and only alludes to it, the Catholics more so. God is good and the Devil is evil doesn't address the equality of both existing often at the same time and within the same being.

Life is what we choose. There is always choice. It needs discipline to pursue it.

I may well have been online, but that doesn't mean I was sat at my computer........

Anyway things I know and feel?

I know I'm on medical leave of absence for at least several weeks due to severe clinical depression.

I feel pretty shite.

Listen to/watch this.. it'll help for about 16 minutes at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

Listen to/watch this.. it'll help for about 16 minutes at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

I thought it quite amusing that one would offer his own preference as an antidote for another, particularly as there are melancholic undercurrent themes within. Knowing the piece as well as I do, or did - listened to it often in my teens, before Torvill and Dean put it out there - and not having heard it for a very long time, it was interesting for a number of reasons.

I didn't know Nicola Sturgeon was a flautist.

Loved the way the drums started on the outside moving in.

That toothpick baton was a laugh. Uncomfortable holding it thus surely.

Don't conductors love drama?

Not a very good version of it.

At least three horn section fuck ups.

Very poor climax.

Some could learn to dress themselves better. Not used to close inspection breeds sloppiness.

Which is why the overall delivery was sloppy.