Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Durrant would have been back a lot sooner if he wasn't out on the lash nearly every night. Absolute arsehole of a man then and now.

Neale Cooper was running about daft that day, playing as if he was unhinged.  I also think the tackle may well have been "meant" for him.  It was only a matter of time until someone got it and it's much better it being one of them than one of ours. Tough titty.

But as those of us who were watching saw, he was never the same player again after that.

Only people who were watching and understand fitba would know this.

I accept he may never have been the same player but the press and other outlets stating the tackle 'ended his career' is factually incorrect and is banded about way too often.

By that logic Scott Murdoch ended Eoin Jess's career

I actually found it one of the better articles on "the tackle" as it doesn't crucify Simpson just reflects the effect it had on Durrant. It's true his paly altered significantly after than but it did not "end his career, just changed its path.

It's history now and I can accept it as part of a Durrant piece, but hope it won't be brought up and hyped before our first game against sevco.

In other news, who knew they had such an expansive vocabulary. They do love a statement  ;D

RANGERS’ Directors are shocked at the charges issued by the Scottish FA’s Compliance Officer in the wake of the pitch invasion at the end of the Scottish Cup final last May.

It is alarming that the governance of Scottish football is so lacking that it is impossible for the Scottish FA to guarantee the safety of footballers at the country’s showpiece event. The SFA is either unwilling or is powerless when it comes to taking the appropriate punitive action against the offenders.

A number of Rangers players were assaulted by Hibernian supporters in broad daylight on the Hampden surface and a repeat of this must be avoided at all costs. That should have been the priority of the SFA. Yet, the governing body insists it is not within its remit to issue any charges let alone punishments for such violent and dangerous misconduct. Instead of player and supporter safety they have placed all their emphasis and importance on the monetary value of a set of goalposts, pieces of turf, and advertising boards.

Rangers Directors will take time to consider an appropriate and more comprehensive response to redress our grievances but for the moment the board fully endorses the incredulity and anger of all Rangers supporters.

In other news, who knew they had such an expansive vocabulary. They do love a statement  ;D

Tribute Act have picked up the whataboutary habit of the deceased club very nicely there. Fuckers are shitting themselves as they know there is fuck all chance of them paying the big fine they should have coming their way.

• 2 weeks later...

Word is that there's a split in the huns dressing room, mainly down to Barton's huge ego. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37378180

Joey Barton has been told to stay away from Rangers until Monday after an altercation with team-mate Andy Halliday, says Press Association Sport.

The training ground bust-up took place on Tuesday, with players told of Barton's temporary ban on Thursday.

Midfielder Barton, 34, is expected to miss Saturday's home Premiership match with Ross County.

He moved to Ibrox from Burnley in the summer and has made eight appearances.

Halliday, 24, was a mainstay of the Rangers midfield in the Championship last season but has been on the bench in the past two top-flight matches.

Barton signed a two-year contract in May, choosing a new challenge in Glasgow ahead of the offer of new terms at Turf Moor.

He was Burnley's player of the year as they won the Championship title to return to the Premier League.

"I'm coming up here to be the best player in the country," he announced on the day he signed for Mark Warburton's Rangers.

At his Thursday media conference, Warburton said the media reaction to his side's 5-1 loss at Celtic last weekend had been overly negative, but made no mention of Barton's absence from training.

Rangers refused to comment on Barton's situation later on Thursday.

Barton handed a three week suspension from Tribute Act following meeting with Warburton. Tribute Act clearly trying to get Barton to walk away.

Not sure about that. Not read anything yet but this was a golden opportunity to rip up his contract and get him to fuck.

Warburton and the club look weak handing out a 3 week suspension.

Are they so lacking in knowledge about football that they can't see it was a bad signing and that his legs have gone?

He's a poison to have around the dressing room. This was their chance to excise a cancer.

But when the club itself is cancerous to the roots, one more tumour just adds to the culture.

Perhaps they're trying to pressure him into resigning at a reduced cost (to them)?

He might be poison around the dressing room but also, it appears, poison in the eyes of the scum fans too. Those fuckers need to be kept onside by the folks in the boardroom misappropriating all their cash.

They've upped the stakes it seems (excuse the pun). Barton been betting on the Tims to get beaten by Barcelona. And conveniently grassed up to the SFA. Just like when they needed rid of Ian Black. Calling in the favours. Ironically, betting on the tims to get tanked would probably help Barton's cause with the support.

They've upped the stakes it seems (excuse the pun). Barton been betting on the Tims to get beaten by Barcelona. And conveniently grassed up to the SFA. Just like when they needed rid of Ian Black. Calling in the favours. Ironically, betting on the tims to get tanked would probably help Barton's cause with the support.

You couldn't make it up.  They're actually making Hearts of old look like a sensibly run club!

Cunt back in the day and still a cunt now. Typical Weegie media, started stirring the pot. If you want to know where it started try going back another ten years before this.

========================================================

Former Rangers captain Barry Ferguson says there is "a nastiness" attached to Aberdeen versus Rangers fixtures as the teams prepare to meet for the first time in four years on Sunday.

Rangers travel to face the Dons after a difficult start to the season, and Ferguson says it was not always an enjoyable experience at Pittodrie.

"It is a place you go to and you don't feel very welcome," said Ferguson.

"There is a nastiness about the fixture."

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound, the Clyde manager added: "That's not with the staff. They are fine. It's with the fans.

"Obviously it goes back to the days of what happened with (Ian) Durrant.

"I always found it a very difficult place to go and especially now with Del (manager Derek McInnes) being there, I watched their game against Dundee, and they are back firing.

"They are looking good. The front three I really like - Hayes, McGinn and Rooney are always looking a threat.

"It is going to be a tough game."

Mark Warburton's side have come in for criticism for their performances since promotion to the Premiership, which culminated in a 5-1 hammering at rivals Celtic in their recent league outing.

Ferguson believes his old Ibrox team-mate McInnes will have his Aberdeen players primed for the visit of Rangers, but thinks Rangers could exploit weaknesses in the Dons defence.

He said: "The only problem I have with Aberdeen is that defensively they don't look great, but going forward they are a major threat.

"So it is a massive game next weekend. It is a very hostile place to go and it boils down to what happened with Durranty - it has always been like that.

"I know Del really well - obviously I played with him - and I really like the way he is setting his teams up, his signing policy.

"He's not got a lot of money to play about with, but he's got some real good players.

"I really like the look of the boy he's brought in from Norwich, the midfielder (James) Maddison - he looks a player.

"Del has an eye for a player and Rangers will have their work cut out, but I can't wait.

"It should be a cracker."

Goes back to Durrant?

I think you'll find it goes back a lot longer than that "Bazza".

In the 70's, the shopkeepers in King Street needed to board up their windows every single time that your previous incarnation of the abomination that is Rangers came to town. This was the major reason why we had to get your fans out of the Merkland and yet you blame our fans and complain that you're not made to feel welcome? Get your fucking facts right you cretinous thick cunt. The birth of the ASC had a lot to do with the need to take back our city from your scum.

Who do you think you're kidding anyway? If you know the history, you'll find that it's not just Aberdeen. No-one likes you and you don't care.

Exactly. I'm nae an al cunt like you Rocket, but even I remember hating the huns long before Durrant poofed out of a challenge and got hurt. Once again, it's the fact that a journalist sat and listened to this pish without questioning it and then threw it up on the public broadcaster's website as fact.

Exactly. I'm nae an al cunt like you Rocket...

I'm nae al. Big Al is al but I've got more than a decade to go before the age of retirement.

Unless they've changed it - which I think they have - which means I've got even longer to go.

Not that the concept of "retiring" is one I can even fathom. How sad do you have to be to do a job you want to retire from?