Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Not that the concept of "retiring" is one I can even fathom. How sad do you have to be to do a job you want to retire from?

I am in a job I want to retire from (I've got 30 years to go though). Or certainly, I can't imagine being in it for the rest of my career and beyond. I'm good at it and thought I enjoyed it more than I actually do. It is my own company however, and I have commitments to others, which means I can't just up-sticks without consideration. I've also set my lifestyle at an unnecessary expensive level, which I'd need to take care of too - which would have a direct impact on my better half. I don't spend a lot now and I don't have a huge mortgage and I own all my cars and have no credit cards and such like - I'm in a good place (and I get a 3 day weekend). To be honest, there's no one thing I want to do either. I design software, which I'm good at and can sell, but I don't enjoy it enough for full time and I also enjoy furniture making and guitar playing, but I'm probably not good enough (or I'd have to sell out) at either to make a good living. Furthermore, my wife is in a job she doesn't like, so we'd have to both give up and both do something new in order to keep us both happy, which is harder for her than it is me. That said, there are people in far worse positions, and I could cope for another 5 or so years no bother by which time our mortgage wid be near paid off, so I'm not complaining. I think the worst thing about my job, and most office jobs, is that they have no tangible benefit. There'll be thousands, if not millions, of folk who's jobs don't benefit society and are essentially just a waste of resources. Most folk aren't aware of it though. I choose just to not let it bother me, mainly because I've made a conscious choice to remain in what I'm doing.

I'm nae al. Big Al is al but I've got more than a decade to go before the age of retirement.

Unless they've changed it - which I think they have - which means I've got even longer to go.

Not that the concept of "retiring" is one I can even fathom. How sad do you have to be to do a job you want to retire from?

Thought you are i were of same vintage Rocket.

I can start taking my private pensions next year, but thanks to changes in State Pension age, I've got almost thirteen years to afore I get a penny of that. Pity the young fuckers starting out now, they'll be working into heir early to mid seventies before they get it. :(

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=125&a=should-sheep-be-shepherded-or-policed%3F

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There exists video footage of a seat being thrown into the Aberdeen crowd. What has not been said is that the immediate area where the seat flew through the air was totally inhabited by Aberdeen fans. The on-line footage clearly shows it coming from further up among the Aberdeen crowd. Or '¦ perhaps there was a solitary angry Rangers fan in there, who tore the seat from where it was bolted into concrete, lifted it and threw it. If such a fan existed, might I ask why no Aberdeen fan tried to prevent this happening or why, afterwards, they didn't hand out some street justice or even hold him until the police or stewards got to him?

You couldn't make it up  ;D

Been a while since we'd had a hun statement, thankfully, they've provided another.

Barton's ban has been extended by a week.  Statement was considerably more boring than others, Traynor must have had a day off.

With the gambling charge he's toast, hell they probably won't even have to pay him off.

Been a while since we'd had a hun statement, thankfully, they've provided another.

Barton's ban has been extended by a week.  Statement was considerably more boring than others, Traynor must have had a day off.

Is Jim Traynor still there  ???

Is Jim Traynor still there  ???

Not sure, didn't know he'd left? The previous statements were very traynor-esque.

With the gambling charge he's toast, hell they probably won't even have to pay him off.

Quote from today's bbc gossip  :thumbsup:

Rangers could have to pay off the rest of Joey Barton's £2m contract if they cannot find grounds to sack the 34-year-old midfielder, just months after signing him. (Independent)

• 3 weeks later...

According to a tim mate of mine, the huns are very close to having to leave stybrox due to their poor upkeep and pending maintenance costs.Thems the rumours anyway. Would move to hampden, sure the SFA would give them favourable rates...

I take anything a Celtic fan says with a pinch of salt, but if it were to be true then fantastic. However, as you say they would be allowed to use the national stadium no doubt. I would imagine there must be stadiums in worse conditions than Ipox that havent been condemned yet... but who knows, maybe truth in it!!

I take anything a Celtic fan says with a pinch of salt, but if it were to be true then fantastic. However, as you say they would be allowed to use the national stadium no doubt. I would imagine there must be stadiums in worse conditions than Ipox that havent been condemned yet... but who knows, maybe truth in it!!

Agree with Stupie.....don't trust anything a Victim says.

However in unlikely event of bring true, wonderful news, as shows the state they're in again :thumbsup:

No idea how far gone it is however there was a campaign not that long ago by the rangers to get fans with trades to assist in repairs for free. All meant to be down to Green not putting a penny into maintenance when he took over.

Had a quick squint on sevco media to see if any update on Barton. Word is the reason for his suspension, after lamping Halliday on the training ground, Mr Hovis told him to cool it, Barton ( now a legend in my eyes) told the magic twat "my kids are older than this club!"

Oh and the meltdown on there is epic after last nights result too. Breadman oot is the general consensus. Sevco....Scotlands second best comedy after Still Game!

Had a quick squint on sevco media to see if any update on Barton. Word is the reason for his suspension, after lamping Halliday on the training ground, Mr Hovis told him to cool it, Barton ( now a legend in my eyes) told the magic twat "my kids are older than this club!"

Oh and the meltdown on there is epic after last nights result too. Breadman oot is the general consensus. Sevco....Scotlands second best comedy after Still Game!

Wigan to present Breadman with his ticket back doon sooth (allegedly).

the hun will be holding on for Guardiola to get the dunt from city  :laughing: :laughing:

You laugh but a sneak peak at their forums are they have such delusions of grandeur and status, it would be enough to make you laugh (it does). Fuck absolutely every single one of them. Oxygen thieves.

You laugh but a sneak peak at their forums are they have such delusions of grandeur and status, it would be enough to make you laugh (it does). Fuck absolutely every single one of them. Oxygen thieves.

He isnt wrong If you have a spare half hour take a shooftie at the bears den forum. Ive been in there about 18 months keep having to recreate new profiles as about every couple of months I cant resist whacking in a bait post which gets me called every Hun euphemism for catholics and then cops me a ban. Theres one utter roaster in there called King Kirk who should be starring on the Edinburgh Fringe he was an absolute hoot at the time Scott Allan was wangling his way outta the cabbage the berk posted hundreds of times how it was a done deal Allan was inbound to Hunville, assured the c@nts that Allan was a bowler hatted sash wearing son of Billy the Satsuma. Fecker nearly got lynched when Allan joined the dhims  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: