Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

http://rangers.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Rangers-Reports-and-Accounts-2016.pdf

£6.2m in debt

How any club can be that far behind when they've spent 4 seasons playing part time teams while taking in £10m+ a season in gate receipts beggars belief.

My fear when they went bust and started again was that they'd come into the SPL after playing there way back up having millions in the bank from playing a team that suited each league. If they'd done the climb the proper way they'd have a bank balance that would put them in the driving seat. Instead they're on the brink.

Pleasing  ;D

Huns unable/unwilling to pay off Barton, so invited back to Newco

Rangers have announced that midfielder Joey Barton "will return to full-time training" following a club-imposed suspension.

The 34-year-old has been absent from the club since a training-ground row in the wake of September's 5-1 loss at Celtic Park.

With agent Eddy Jennings, he attended a meeting with club officials last week.

Barton has stated repeatedly he wants to return and fight for his place, having joined from Burnley in May.

"Joey Barton has been told he will return to full-time training following the conclusion of a disciplinary procedure," said Rangers on their website.

"The Auchenhowie [training base] management team will inform the player of appropriate training arrangements to which he must adhere for as long as he remains a Rangers player.

"Neither the club, nor the player, will comment further."

Barton is also facing Scottish FA charges for breaching betting rules. He was charged with placing 44 bets on games between 1 July and 15 September.

The former Manchester City, Newcastle United and QPR player, who has one England cap, left Burnley under freedom of contract at the end of last season, signing a two-year contract at Ibrox.

He has made eight appearances for Mark Warburton's side, who are currently second in the Scottish Premiership.

The fact that Joey Barton is returning to full-time training does not necessarily mean the resumption of his Rangers career.

Under Fifa rules, a player under contract at a club must be provided with training facilities.

The fact that the player was suspended reflects the view of the management team about the serious nature of a training ground row in September.

Any return to the first-team squad would need to be handled in such a way as to not disrupt the mood and unity among the players.

Rangers' statement does not say that Barton is returning to the first-team squad, or will be available for selection, and only the management team at their Auchinhowie training base is mentioned, rather than first-team manager Mark Warburton.

Either the player does eventually return to the first-team squad, or his Rangers career effectively remains over and what happens in the January transfer window will be significant.

Hun media is quite amusing this evening.  They don't seem too enamoured at the prospect of DM which is quite interesting but then they are huns so obviously not the sharpest tools in the box.  Regardless though if MW walks our manager is going to be bookies favourite unfortunately.

Frank de Boer?!?!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not a fucking chance

Thats their level of mentality. The still think they are the pre-liquidated version of Sevco, where they can spend spend spend and attract the top managers. I personally think they are over achieving yet they were raging last week at even being in second spot. They are saying it will be at least next season before they challenge for the title... deluded fuckwits the lot of them. I have said it for many many years...  their own fans will be their own downfall and the final nail in the coffin.

Sky sports now reporting Barton has been signed off with stress.

Excellent. They chose the wrong person to mess with clearly, he doesn't seem the type to take their shite lying down. He's the type that'd happily cut his nose off to spite his own face - I can see him seeing out his career on their ridiculous wages. Fantastic.

Excellent. They chose the wrong person to mess with clearly, he doesn't seem the type to take their shite lying down. He's the type that'd happily cut his nose off to spite his own face - I can see him seeing out his career on their ridiculous wages. Fantastic.

Aye here's hoping he digs his heels in and takes them for all they're worth, it'd be monumentally funny if this is what finally sinks them!

Saying that it's a shame if he's genuinely struggling.

Aye here's hoping he digs his heels in and takes them for all they're worth, it'd be monumentally funny if this is what finally sinks them!

Saying that it's a shame if he's genuinely struggling.

It could be my misinterpretation of your humour but I don't get whether this is sarcastic irony or human compassion?

If the latter, that would be amazing. Barton is a fucking cunt. He stuck a lit cigar in a kid's face. And he's their fucking cunt. No chance that he does - Liverpool and Glasgow are the biggest sickie claimants in the UK - but I hope he does have depression and does the world a favour by killing himself. Scum vermin cheat.

..... worth a look?

I jest, of course.

It'd be funny purely to piss off the Huns.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole but It was only last year he was Burnleys player of the season so he's not totally past it, reckon he's better than he's shown this season. From the sounds of things the training ground bust up was driven by him trying to get the team to stop coasting and If he wasn't such an irritating personality I suspect his message may have got across.

Odds on him joining Dhims till the end of the season? He is an odious cretin for sure but a fit Barton up here is certainly good enough to contribute. Could easily cover for lego muncher in games against Killie, Thistle etc allowing Broony to give his weary legs a rest.

And simultaneously deliver a huge GIRFUY to Mr Hovis and the orc hordes