Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

There was a Pompey Legends vs hun legends game down here last year, thankfully well away from where I live.  The vermin brought down various flute bands to bolster their support and marched through the streets on the way to the ground.  Sadly one of them ended up in my local later on and proceeded to stand on the bar and sing about kafflicks.  Sub-human doesn't even come close to describing these "people".

'sash bash'... 'cultural music'....

I personally say leave them to it.  Let them sing their silly ancient songs and march along with their flute bands glorifying battles and history that 90% of them barely understand.

The more fuss that's made of it the more important they feel, as if they are standing up to fight for their 'cause'.

Same goes to them waving their Israel flags at todays game.  They should be nothing but embarrassed.

'sash bash'... 'cultural music'....

I personally say leave them to it.  Let them sing their silly ancient songs and march along with their flute bands glorifying battles and history that 90% of them barely understand.

The more fuss that's made of it the more important they feel, as if they are standing up to fight for their 'cause'.

Same goes to them waving their Israel flags at todays game.  They should be nothing but embarrassed.

Embarrassment and these are nae frequent bedfellows.

See "self-awareness" also.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-39258190

Rangers chairman Dave King could face a bill of up to £12m after a ruling on how he took charge of the Ibrox club.

He could now be liable to buy all the shares in the holding company Rangers International Football Club, held by other shareholders - at 20p a share.

The Takeover Appeal Board (Tab) made the ruling after deciding he worked in "concert" with three others when he bought shares.

Mr King said he did not agree with the ruling or the share price.

The bit that cracks me up is his quote at the end:

"20p is not a price that I personally believe represents a fair price for RIFC's shares, nor is it the price at which shares in RIFC are currently trading."

Interesting interpretation there of being delisted in 2015  :rofl:

How long before the call-to-arms to get behind the team and buy new season tickets for next season so that King can pony up the £12M through some dubious back-channel?

I'm assuming the other shareholders mainly include Ashley, and he'll just hold him to ransom unless King can conjure up some trick to get his fellow shareholders - the ones that actually have money - to cover the bill.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking like the new Hun manager could be a nutter.

My loon occasionally goes to watch Boavista in the Portugese league.

He says that apart from the top 3 or so teams the standard is atrocious.

Pedro's been managing at Arbroath or Forfar level.

The popcorn's on order.

I was bored with Clyde superscoreboard at half time today so managed to blag a stream and watched second half of sevco v murderwell.

Sevco hooked 3 of their back 4 at half time. They did pretty much go all out attack and equalised but by Christ they were awful and I still cant figure out how Well never won the game they had a perfectly good goal chalked off a minute after the sevco equaliser and a few very good saves from hun goalkeeper.

If they set up like that against us ( surely to god they wont) we could see 5 goals flying past their keeper.

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly amusing that after interviewing a bunch of "traditional" Rangers men like Barry Ferguson, Alex Rae and John Brown for the Scottish assistant manager role, the new manager has gone and hired Jonatan Johansson instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Loads of huns spunking themselves over rumours they are bidding for Maddison in the summer. With a new manager in place and another season in the Championship he may well be seen as surplus to requirements at Norwich but as he cost 6 million surely to god Norwich would be looking to recoup as much of that as possible certainly no less than 3 million which would surely put him out of the huns reach.

Thought he was getting a regular game for them now?

He played for two minutes in their last game and eleven in the previous one. Most games he wasn't in the squad.

He's nae the finished article and could struggle even at the huns. He needs a good run of games but nae be relied upon every week. Not sure that weird cunt at the huns will manage to develop him correctly.

He played for two minutes in their last game and eleven in the previous one. Most games he wasn't in the squad.

He's nae the finished article and could struggle even at the huns. He needs a good run of games but nae be relied upon every week. Not sure that weird cunt at the huns will manage to develop him correctly.

Ah right, was only from the few twitter posts that I assumed he was getting a regular game. He'll end up Bradford or something like that.

Loads of huns spunking themselves over rumours they are bidding for Maddison in the summer. With a new manager in place and another season in the Championship he may well be seen as surplus to requirements at Norwich but as he cost 6 million surely to god Norwich would be looking to recoup as much of that as possible certainly no less than 3 million which would surely put him out of the huns reach.

Heard that from a Hun at work today, although he was of the opinion that there was no chance of it happeningas they simply can't afford him

Well, from the paper I read yesterday ( I didn't buy it, honest *) it looked like they expected £30,000,000 to be spent so that they match their weegie pals.

* It was The Sun, nothing could persuade me to read The Daily Ranger

To be fair, it takes a particularly dodgy curry to need everything up to the back page, so you may as well laugh at whats left.

Round about the time they went into liquidation, I remember there being talk about there being a stipulation that a club needed to have x years of audited financial statements in order to obtain a license to play in UEFA competitions. Is my memory playing tricks or is there such a rule?

Round about the time they went into liquidation, I remember there being talk about there being a stipulation that a club needed to have x years of audited financial statements in order to obtain a license to play in UEFA competitions. Is my memory playing tricks or is there such a rule?

Believe it was 3 years accounts, fully audited. Without that you don't have a licence to play in UEFA competition - their last accounts (or the ones previous to them) were published unaudited.

Nobody cares though.

I brought this up a few months ago ( I can't remember whether it was on here or Abmad) and nobody seemed to give a fuck.

I care.

Sevco are ineligible to play in Europe, any attempt from them to play in Europe should be accompanied by thousands of emails from Scottish football fans complaining to UEFA.

Hearts should be making one hell of a fuss.

Seems the Scottish FA have released this:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2017/280417CL%20current%20status.pdf

How they can award rangers a European licence is beyond me, seems the 3/5 years audited accounts criteria has been ignored. Although it seems the SFA can use their 'discretion' which just passes the decision on to UEFA. Here's hoping they make the right call at least.