Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

They were already relegated to League 2 - 2012 and had to win a place back at SPL which turned out to be harder than they thought as it took 4 years rather than 3.

They were liquidated much like Fiorentina, Napoli, Strasbourg, Parma were and reformed as a new club - Rangers 2012 which took on badge, history, stadium of former club.  This type of club reformation happens all over Europe - it occurs all the time.

RFC were punished - no point denying they were not punished - not true.

Although I would agree titles won using tax avoidance schemes should make title wins "void" as obviously facts would suggest you won these unfairly by pursuing financial advantages.  The majority of the players (Amoruso, Buffel, Klos) only rolled up to Ibrox because of the cash and tax relief on offer.

Questions remain of SFA although it would appear Campbell Ogilvie had to relinquish his post as the President of the SFA in 2015 although how he got this job post-2012 is a little strange given his involvement in EBT.

I just think the whole thing (from an SFA and RFC perspective) smells of the sort of cliquey, nepotism, cronyism executive decision making type stuff that goes on at the top of many businesses. Semi corrupt committee members - in house bad governance. Its political + money, TV deals involved and concerns for Scottish game without Rangers means SFA made political decisions - all be it Rangers were demoted.

Hasten to add, football at an administrative governance level globally is rather political and muddy.  You only have to look at UEFA and FIFA to see that.

Whataboutery at the end aside, you've made some glaring errors there. They were not relegated or demoted. They re-applied to join the league and were admitted at the bottom(ish) level without being required to go through the various fit and proper tests that should have occurred. It's a hugely important point, because it unequivocally shows up your other statement "RFC were punished - no point denying they were not punished - not true" as complete horseshit. The fans may have felt like they were being punished. It might have been a difficult time for them. But in straight fitba rules terms they were absolutely, factually and unarguably not punished (other than £250K payable by Craig Whyte, which was never recovered to my knowledge). This is backed up by the fact that at one stage there were two hun teams' memberships in the league structure.

Whataboutery at the end aside, you've made some glaring errors there. They were not relegated or demoted. They re-applied to join the league and were admitted at the bottom(ish) level without being required to go through the various fit and proper tests that should have occurred. It's a hugely important point, because it unequivocally shows up your other statement "RFC were punished - no point denying they were not punished - not true" as complete horseshit. The fans may have felt like they were being punished. It might have been a difficult time for them. But in straight fitba rules terms they were absolutely, factually and unarguably not punished (other than £250K payable by Craig Whyte, which was never recovered to my knowledge). This is backed up by the fact that at one stage there were two hun teams' memberships in the league structure.

Could have put it better myself......actualy couldn't have put it as well myself is probably more accurate.

Great post young man :thumbsup:

This should kill off any  desire from McLean to want to go there now you would think?

Never under estimate the way these bastards think

Probably wakens up in the morning wie a stoner having dreamt about single handedly having been their saviour

They were already relegated to League 2 - 2012 and had to win a place back at SPL which turned out to be harder than they thought as it took 4 years rather than 3.

They were liquidated much like Fiorentina, Napoli, Strasbourg, Parma were and reformed as a new club - Rangers 2012 which took on badge, history, stadium of former club.  This type of club reformation happens all over Europe - it occurs all the time.

RFC were punished - no point denying they were not punished - not true.

Although I would agree titles won using tax avoidance schemes should make title wins "void" as obviously facts would suggest you won these unfairly by pursuing financial advantages.  The majority of the players (Amoruso, Buffel, Klos) only rolled up to Ibrox because of the cash and tax relief on offer.

Questions remain of SFA although it would appear Campbell Ogilvie had to relinquish his post as the President of the SFA in 2015 although how he got this job post-2012 is a little strange given his involvement in EBT.

I just think the whole thing (from an SFA and RFC perspective) smells of the sort of cliquey, nepotism, cronyism executive decision making type stuff that goes on at the top of many businesses. Semi corrupt committee members - in house bad governance. Its political + money, TV deals involved and concerns for Scottish game without Rangers means SFA made political decisions - all be it Rangers were demoted.

Hasten to add, football at an administrative governance level globally is rather political and muddy.  You only have to look at UEFA and FIFA to see that.

That's your best yet.

That's your best yet.

Utter fuckwittery

Little surprise that these bastards have got away with so much when their are football people of a non Hun persuassion out there peddling these urban myths.

It doesn't matter how they pretend, I remember what happened, I was paying attention.

They, as a new club, had to apply to join the league.

That's not relegation in any shape or form.

Its certainly not punishment, in fact it is favoritism.

Sevco were the beneficiaries of the biggest cover up in Scottish football history. When oldco were liquidated no one mentioned at all it was only the holding company and that the club remained intact.

There was undue haste by BDO to sell the assets of oldco to Charlie Chuckles for a knockdown 5 million including Mordor and Sir Minty Park, 2 extremely valuable pieces of real estate which in the open market would have achieved much better returns for the creditors.

I firmly believe that there was collusion between Dungcaster, Regan and Chuckles at this point to create the "I bought the history" line which further developed into the "club separate from company" bullcrap.

Anyway congratulations Hector. Now I want to see tax bills landing on the doorsteps of the beneficiaries. I want to see Dungcaster and Regan banished to the North Pole with only 2 cut price sevco replica strips and a Broxiburger to sustain them. But most of all I want every fuckin title those cheatin hoors gained ceremoniously stripped and the record books adjusted to read "Void, no title awarded due to cheating"

Fuck oldco, fuck sevco.

Stand free!

What you gonna do? Accuse me of being a 'hun'?

Jesus Christ

Try reading what I actually typed.

If I was accusing you of being a Hun, would I have described you as being a person of non Hun persuassion  ::)

Please keep up

Seems Sevco are desperately trying to find a technicality they can get Progres kicked out on.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/uefa-confirm-eligibility-of-progres-player-despite-drugs-test-1-4495739

Jesus H Christ.  You would think they had been humiliated enough without trying to get the team thrown out because one of their players took some extra strong asthma medication.

Coming to think about it how hilarious would it be if they were successful with that complaint....... 'The mighty Rangers.... back where they belong.... big European nights.......'

......papped out again in the 2nd round by some diddy team from Cyprus.  :rofl:

I think the situation at Rangers is fascinating. Pedro has shown nothing to prove he's the right guy for the job. They fell away last season and he's signed a bunch of foreign unknowns. Look what happened when Hearts did that in January. I think it's a major risk with the type of foreigners he's signed - how will they like away to Ross County on a cold winters Tuesday night? Will they have the bottle for the SPL, it's a fighters league where strength of character is needed, especially at Rangers. Any if and when Pedro gets punted he's created quite a mess of a squad. Time will tell but I foresee a great season or drama and disappointment for the huns. Truly wonderful!

If only Scottish journo's would have the stones to call it in such accurate terms.  BBC Scotland and the huns fell out ages ago but their journalists still skirt around the issue.  It's just a shame the cogs of British justice take 7 years to officially recognise the blindingly obvious.  I still think the sale of moray park and mordor for such a paltry fee requires investigation as they were worth well more than that. 

Anyway the gift that keeps on giving has gone pulled another blinder out of nothing last night.  Epic, just epic.  Caixinha must be a dead man walking, he's never coming back from this unless he wins the league.  In short they look pretty fucked don't they and apparently they have spent something in the region of 8 million to look so fucked. 

This almost makes up for their 90's dominance. 

Statement from Celtic.  They won't be able to help themselves in playing the victim card next.

WE note today’s decision by the Supreme Court. Celtic's position on this issue has been consistent - that this has always been a matter for the courts of law and also the Scottish football authorities, whose rules are intended to uphold sporting integrity.

In 2013, we expressed surprise - shared by many observers and supporters of the game - over the findings of the SPL Commission that no competitive or sporting advantage had resulted. Today’s decision only re-affirms that view.

We are sure now that the footballing authorities in Scotland will wish to review this matter. Celtic awaits the outcome of their review.

All clubs in Scotland should be releasing a similar statement. This isn't a Tim v Hun situation, and we shouldn't let it be portrayed as such.

AT covered it nicely on the channel 4 news. The BBC, after hanging Mark Daly out to dry by ignoring his excellent piece of journalism uncovering the extent of Murray's connivance, continue to provide a biased coverage of events.

All clubs in Scotland should be releasing a similar statement. This isn't a Tim v Hun situation, and we shouldn't let it be portrayed as such.

AT covered it nicely on the channel 4 news. The BBC, after hanging Mark Daly out to dry by ignoring his excellent piece of journalism uncovering the extent of Murray's connivance, continue to provide a biased coverage of events.

^^^^ This

Every chairman of every club should be demanding the SFA and SPFL initiate completely new investigations as to how oldco's tax evasion allowed them to sign players of a quality they would not have been able to afford ordinarily. Hun supporters are portaying this as a Celtic v Deadco/Sevco issue. Bullshit. It affected every club in the top division during those cheating years and every other club they faced in cup competitions. For instance clubs may have been relegated from the SPL as it was on the strength of their results against oldco being marginally worse than the team immediately above them. (of course this is hypothetical and the results against a weaker sevco may still have been the same but it is a valid argument these clubs could make in a claim for loss of income)

This must not be allowed to be swept under the carpet. Get those titles wiped from the record books, fire anyone still in an executive SFA/League position who was complicit in this fiasco and consider pressing charges if fraud is suspected.