Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

My guess is

a) The fuckers have realised they cannot afford an available "top class" manager eg Bilic, Pulis etc

b) They have tried to get in a "next level down" guy (eg McLeish) but only offered till end of season with extension of contract based on either getting them 2nd in league or winning Scottish Cup and been told to bolt.

c) Too risk averse to take the brave option by offering to an "up and coming manager" eg Potter or Jack Ross

d) Left with no choice but to appoint Murty till end of season. Bonus benefit of being cheap as chips.

Problem being with Murty is that sevco could find themselves adrift in 3rd in league by mid/late Feb and poss also out of Scottish Cup. That scenario would surely not be tolerated by the orc hordes and they'd be demanding poor old Murty's head.

Let the comedy commence  :rofl: :rofl:

Sevco showing exactly how to play against the Dhims. In the words of Corporal Jones....."They do not like it up 'em"

Take note DM

But do we have the personnel to play that way? Rooney Stewart and OConnor lack the pace to play high pressure for any length of time, Christie GMS McLean are powder puff in midfield, and Shinnie possibly lacks the discipline. At the back Considine and Arnie lack the pace to play higher up the field. I think McKenna is a little faster but no race horse.

Agree that it’s obvious how to play Celtic but I don’t know if we can, BUT I’d like to see us try! We have a manager who believes we cannot compete with them which kills me. Sends a terrible message and develops a lack of believe, the opposite of what Fergie did - but Fergie had much tougher players.

On the other side of things, Celtic show the rest how to play us. Pressure us and be physical and we shit it. Hearts were physical but didn’t apply high pressure so gave us possession but we didn’t threaten much.