Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Alastair Johnston still not passed by SFA as 'fit and proper' after nine months back at Ibrox

He is still to be approved by the governing body due to an ongoing probe into the UEFA licensing process from 2011. Johnston was the Ibrox side's chairman in 2011 when Rangers applied for participation in UEFA competitions and questions have been asked about what the club knew about their tax obligations when they applied for their licence for European football that season.

If any proof is needed that the SFA are in total denial about the part they played in the cover up this is it.

Even now they are running scared of Sevco.

He is still to be approved by the governing body due to an ongoing probe into the UEFA licensing process from 2011. Johnston was the Ibrox side's chairman in 2011 when Rangers applied for participation in UEFA competitions and questions have been asked about what the club knew about their tax obligations when they applied for their licence for European football that season.

If any proof is needed that the SFA are in total denial about the part they played in the cover up this is it.

Even now they are running scared of Sevco.

Agree with what Manc just said. The whole thing was engineered at association level.

My theory all along has been that Murray deliberately sold the hun to Whyte to act as a fall-guy. Murray, over time, would then re-emerge on the scene to "save" them again. It started with the re-introduction of guys like Paul Murray and Johnston, who were clearly complicit in the prior on-goings (possibly not Paul Murray, I expect he was just stupid). Eventually we'll see David Murray testing the water in the media or with a small investment. There'll be the "I didn't know anything, it was Whyte" type interviews and it'll lead on from there. It's a fucking sinister club like.

Seen 'highlights' of their game with Killie today. Clearly the defeat to celtic last week struck a chord with their 'loyal' fans.

With about 15mins to go and Killie only leading 1-0 an exodus appeared to happen and by the time the final whistle went the Broomloan stand was deserted.

I think they all drove away though rather than walked.

I think if they lose the semi final Ibrox will be a Ghost town even if they are still pushing for second

Seen 'highlights' of their game with Killie today. Clearly the defeat to celtic last week struck a chord with their 'loyal' fans.

With about 15mins to go and Killie only leading 1-0 an exodus appeared to happen and by the time the final whistle went the Broomloan stand was deserted.

I think they all drove away though rather than walked.

I think if they lose the semi final Ibrox will be a Ghost town even if they are still pushing for second

That's pretty much the Bronx every second week.  The Subway Loyal is the biggest huns supporters club...

Louis Moult is back on The Rangers' radar - with the former Motherwell striker struggling to make an impact at Preston, having made only three starts since January

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5534163/Rangers-eyeing-summer-Preston-striker-Louis-Moult.html

Apart from the fact The Rangers have no money and have spent all their upcoming cash from season ticket sales already  :laughing:

I might be wrong but was it not Aberdeen who were in for Moult. Nothing mentioned in the article though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5534163/Rangers-eyeing-summer-Preston-striker-Louis-Moult.html

Apart from the fact The Rangers have no money and have spent all their upcoming cash from season ticket sales already  :laughing:

I might be wrong but was it not Aberdeen who were in for Moult. Nothing mentioned in the article though.

If they got him, that would be a massive kick in the bollocks for us. Especially since we ended up with May. He alone could have changed the course of the season (as has been said by many on this board).

He is probably on somewhere north of 7k per week at Preston anyway so doubtful we could get close to even just matching his terms. Presumably sevco will try to get Cummings in permanently in the summer so unless they sell El Buffoonalo, Moult would still find himself at best 3rd choice striker at Ibrokes too.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

If they got him, that would be a massive kick in the bollocks for us. Especially since we ended up with May. He alone could have changed the course of the season (as has been said by many on this board).

You know there's been a lot said on this page about us not footing the bill for Moult and what a big mistake it was/what a big difference he would have made if a few extra quid had been made available etc. 

The important point that nobody seems to take on board is that Moult made it plainly clear he wanted to go back south and didn't want to stay in Scotland so he wouldn't have signed for us regardless.  To blame it on the shortage of cash is nonsense.

Ten Caat is probably right in what he says.  If Moult is peed off with Preston and does consider a move back up here his wages are likely to be well out of our reach.

Has to be said though, if he can't break into the Preston team is he really as good as we thought he was or did he just have a really good year and a half at Motherwell?

The important point that nobody seems to take on board is that Moult made it plainly clear he wanted to go back south and didn't want to stay in Scotland so he wouldn't have signed for us regardless.  To blame it on the shortage of cash is nonsense.

I'm pretty certain he didn't say that until January. In the summer, he was keen on the move. It was pretty implicit in his interviews following the dons' offer. "I'm a Motherwell player at the moment" type thing.

Am I the only one who when the whole Moult 'courtship' was in full flow could not help but remember Nick Blackman.

10 goals in 18 games for Mortherwell, Signs for Dons and it drops to 2 in 15.

Few years down the line hes supposedly worth transfer fees of £1.2m & £3m but for me that is merely a sign of the sickness in English football.

A possibility is Moult fitted in with Motherwell's style of play (and Wrexham's priot to that) but no guarantee he would have clicked with McInnes's tactics, or for the supserstituous types he could have been another victim of the what I call 'The Aberdeen curse - where good people come to either die or walk in limbo until rescued'

Rangers have reported a £1.1million operating loss for the final six months of last year.

And the club revealed it had received £17.7m worth of loans by the end of 2017 - up almost £2m in the six months.

Over £17 Million in debt and rising. The SFA/SPFL really need to grow a pair and sort this joke of a club out.  :confused:

Over £17 Million in debt and rising. If Aberdeen secure second spot before the end of the season I can see them going into liquidation and losing the points then starting next season debt free AGAIN.  :confused:

You're mixing up liquidation and administration. They're a fair way off either with season ticket time coming shortly unfortunately.

King seems to have manoeuvred his way out of having to make offer for remaining shares. https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-statement-7/

He is one lucky son of a bitch.

Every time you think he has had it he comes up with a way of paying his debts.

Not a financial expert but thought a Trust Fund was just that and untouchable asset for future use.

Again I may be wrong.

now guys and gals, i know we hate them really badly.

But Ray Wilkins is fighting for his life. put football aside for a minute, as this guy wasn't a hunnest of the huns. Especially when other relatives have died this way.

Good post. Agreed. Butch always came across as a good guy. One of the more reasoned and intelligent men in football.

• 2 weeks later...
The Rangers chief Dave King has demanded the next Ibrox boss beats Celtic to the Premiership title next season.King said: “Whoever is appointed must be able to meet the unique challenges of managing Rangers and ensuring IMMEDIATE success. It is a priority that we commence next season with the best appointment we can make, and that we move forward rapidly.

Good luck with that one.  :laughing: