Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

The SFA say rangers will be sanctioned unless they pay dundeeutd the outstanding money they're due following their recent scottish cup tie

Rangers owner Craig Whyte 'not fit and proper' person, rule Scottish FA

The Scottish FA have stated that Rangers owner Craig Whyte is “not considered to be a fit and proper person to hold a position within association football”.

In a statement, Scottish FA chief executive Stewart Regan said: “I can confirm that the Scottish FA convened a Special Board Meeting at Hampden Park today to discuss the findings of the Independent Inquiry into Rangers FC, prepared by the Chair, The Right Honourable Lord William Nimmo Smith.

"Principally, it is the belief of the Board, taking into account the prima facie evidence presented today, that Mr Craig Whyte is not considered to be a Fit and Proper person to hold a position within Association Football.

"We will be writing to Mr Whyte in relation to those findings and shall seek a response within seven days.

"The report submitted by Lord Nimmo Smith, having been considered fully by the Board, highlights a number of other potential rule breaches by the club and its owner. The report will now be used as evidence and forwarded to a Judicial Panel for consideration and determination as per the protocol.

"As such, the report’s contents will not be published at this time. Nevertheless, I can confirm that the club is facing a charge of bringing the game into disrepute."

I reckon McCulloch would retire, Naismith and Laugherty are the injured pair who changed stories, Davis was the geezer wanting a million pound escape clause and McGregor has "bills". Healy would play for nothing.

Agree with all of that, but would swap Healy and that cunt McCulloch

Sure McCulloch  :wanker: has already gone on record as stating he would play for nothing.

Fit and proper person?  Should they not have checked this out before he took over Rangers, is this not the whole point of a "fit and proper person test", to stop clubs getting raped like rangers are?  On the ball as ever sfa, on the ball  ::)

What....and run the risk of upsetting the blue cheek ;)

This would have been on their radar for anyone other than them or their bigotted brothers in the East End

Christ what a waste of an "investigation" if that's what it was told to research. Anyone in Scotland could have told you he is not a right and proper owner. FFS

SFA release new statement:

We think Rangers might have financial problems.

If huns go bust and have to negotiate reentry to Scottish football, or just get demoted, I'd love the 11 clubs to take the opportunity to all leave the SPL and that lying cunt Doncaster in the wilderness, work with the SFL and SFA to create a new 3 tier professional system in Scotland with feeding system for amateur leagues, that writes a golden rule that cheating cunts will not retain a place anywhere near the big league.

If they/newhunco are to exist, they need to be made to crawl on their fucking knees just for the chance to play professional football ever again. At the very least, they should have to win promotion from amateur leagues to have any right to be included in the professional system again.

Anything short of this and supporters need to burn Hampden to the ground in protest. For starters.

Also facing disrepute charges for not paying United their share of cut receipts, to be heard on 29th March, same day as the Court Case for Whyte's lawyers money in London

did they ever pay dunfermline? I presume not. Surely endangering the future of a fellow league member is fairly disreputable an all?

Then you add the whole 'being huns' scenario and it's an open and shut case.

did they ever pay dunfermline? I presume not. Surely endangering the future of a fellow league member is fairly disreputable an all?

Did you not hear that some Loyal Bears were going along to a Dunfermline home game, against St Mirren I think, and refund them that way

Surely endangering the future of a fellow league member is fairly disreputable an all?

Do they not already have form form this? Airdrieonians? I may be wrong but was there not some hunduggery that ultimately led to Airdrieonians going to the wall. I may be wrong.

BBC Scotland reporting the 10 clubs outside the OF are to meet to discuss the future of Scottish Football

This simply has to be the best opportunity for many a year for the decent clubs in Scottish football to grasp control of their own destiny

OFGTF :thumbsup:

Rangers players have agreed the 25/50/75% cuts and there will be no fun redundancies today.

Is it not only Naisy and Whittaker that have agreed to it? Is it enough to prevent there being any fun today? Surely those two cunts (despite being high earners) won't be enough to stop Rangers needing to find a buyer today to prevent fundundancies?

Taken from the Sun - Would anyone be remotely surprised if this were true. Why the fuck should any of us actually bother handing over tax if this how these cheating fucks are going to get away with years of blatant fraud and tax evasion.

RANGERS were thrown a dramatic lifeline last night as it was revealed the taxman WILL do a deal with the stricken giants.

But the crisis-hit club were warned their £49million battle with HMRC and the £9million bill for unpaid VAT and PAYE will only be resolved if owner Craig Whyte gets the boot.

The Scottish Sun can reveal a compromise deal — sanctioned at Treasury level — is within reach which could see the fallen giants pay back as little as TEN PENCE in the pound.

That would mean instead of paying a whopping £49million penalty, Gers could get off with forking out a paltry £4.9million.

But the negotiations hinge on new owners replacing shamed Whyte — and a company voluntary agreement in place with creditors.

Last night Duff and Phelps joint administrator Paul Clark insisted: "HMRC have said to me that they do not want Rangers to fail.

"There will be negotiations between ourselves, any new buyer and HMRC as to what that percentage will be. Assuming the company goes for a CVA there will be some form of deal done.

"Whether that deal is a 10 per cent deal, a 50 per cent deal or a 100 per cent deal over a period of time, that's all up for grabs.

"I don't suspect it will be a 100 per cent deal.

"Someone said to me that HMRC never accepted anything other than 100p. That is simply not true.

"People may have got that because of the attitude shown towards clubs in the English league.

"English football clubs have the football creditors rule. You don't have that in Scottish football.

"Ultimately a deal can, should and, I believe, will be done to offer HMRC a proper distribution from a CVA."

The Scottish Sun understands that a tax deal with HMRC — whose mascot used to be Hector the Taxman — has been discussed and given the go-ahead at the highest levels of government.

A source said: "This is welcome news for whoever wants to come in and take over Rangers.

"At least anyone coming in knows that HMRC are going to be flexible.

"It is also in their interest as if the club goes into liquidation they will get nothing.

"The deal is only on the table for new owners and NOT Craig Whyte. He has treated HMRC with contempt." The news will be a welcome boost for hard-pressed fans who feared the worst after administrators — who yesterday arrived at Ibrox in a light blue van — launched a last-gasp bid to sell the club.

Duff and Phelps also admitted they might not have enough cash to fulfil the rest of their games this season.

But last night Clark said he was confident the cash-strapped club would stay alive — and get out of administration.

He dismissed the fears of Gers director Dave King — who is planning a takeover with a consortium — that the club could die within weeks.

Clark said: "There has never been a plan for liquidation.

"There has never been a plan to destroy the fabric or history of the club.

"I don't think that we have ever suggested that liquidation is really an option.

"When people talk about liquidation they mean a closure, an end to Rangers Football Club.

"What people really mean is, could there be a sale of the business to a new company and then the old company is liquidated.

"I don't think that is likely but I accept it's still a possibility.

"We are still pushing towards a CVA and that's what we've always been pushing towards.

"I don't fully understand why anyone would suggest that the steps we're taking is a move towards liquidation.

"It has been a challenge and it will continue to be challenging on all aspects and that includes getting an agreement with the players. I am confident we can gain a CVA and be out of administration before the end of the season."

But Clark has urged potential buyers to stop posturing and get around the table.

He added: "We want to make sure that anyone who is really in, is in.

"We want them to show their hand as opposed to just talking about it. There has been a lot of talk.

"We don't think by this time next Friday we'll have our final party that are going to buy on the Monday thereafter. What we do hope is those parties still left next Friday will have properly expressed their interest and we can talk to a smaller contingent who want to move this forward.

"The sooner we can tease out who these buyers are and who these interested parties are the better.

"If that means it then takes another few weeks to finalise the deal then so be it.

"We will have a clearer understanding of where we are going. The talking is over, let's get on with it."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4182291/Taxman-set-to-back-shock-Rangers-lifeline.html#ixzz1obc5Zlkw

I suspect they might be willing to discuss a CVA on the 9million tax bill since Whyte took over, but they will not have even discussed the possible "Big Tax Case" outcome with Rangers, and I don't think they will be as willing to come to a deal over that especially if the new owners are former directors who were involved during the EBT scam.

Tyrant - I'm led to believe Naismith and Davis were in talks with the administrators on behalf of the whole group of players, to iron out the last disputes. It's a collective agreement with all the playing squad.

Big Al, this was posted last night.  On first reading sounds horrendous but I guess from the HMRC point of view if the Huns go bust they get nothing, if they don't do a deal then that is the most likely state of affairs, by agreeing a cva on their terms they are likely to maximise the cash they will get.  Was probably always going to happen.

In other unfortunately good news for the Huns this morning, as well as the no redundancies news there are suggestions that Whyte won't be a secured creditor which may mean that rfc aren't liable for the ticketus deal and thus a lot less in debt than previously thought