Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Is this the same guy who was on last night's YourCall when Chick Young was hosting?

Personally if Traynor isnt available they should just cancel the show because those 2 have no idea how to entertain any notions other than their own. Admittedly they get a lot of muppets calling in but in my experience if Chick young has made his mind up about any subjet (and I mean anything. Doesnt have to be about the old firm) he will just cut the caller off after one sentence. Its like listening to a Fox News programme.

Last night was no exception

Just listening to Sarurday's Your call.

I used to think Tom English was a sensible voice. This rangers thing has brought out the worst in all these people.  Laughing at folks point isnt clever. He is an old firm sympathiser and apologist. Huns have done nothing wrong (yet) nothing to see hear, move along. Fuck him.

chick young just used the show for pro hun propaganda. Hes just about choking on succulent lamb. :haterangers:

I suspect he'll be getting his jotters in the morning;

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/gordonwaddell/2012/03/peters-got-it-all-under-control.html

By Gordon Waddell on Mar 25, 12 07:30 AM  in

A LECTURE in mutual respect from Peter Lawwell?

If you didn't laugh at the double standards of his briefings the other day, you'd give yourself a migraine trying to fathom his audacity.

If only they'd asked our opinion, he sighed. We were flexible, he shrugged. Like a patronising dad to an errant son. The "after everything we've done for you" speech.

So ask yourself this: Did Celtic and Rangers speak to the other 10 SPL clubs when they were whoring themselves to England at every opportunity over the past decade?

Did the Old Firm speak to the others when they decided bilaterally to shaft their brothers in arms by imposing a five per cent levy on them selling away tickets?

But that was fine, though, Peter, eh? That collaboration? That exclusion?

Not disrespectful in the slightest. Not divisive at all.

I tell you, what, though. You have to admire him. He's nothing if not a master of manipulation.

If I was a shareholder? I'd LOVE him as my chief exec.

Because not only does he want complete control of HIS domain, he wants to control every other domain that can affect his, no matter how remotely. He's brilliant at it.

Which is why on Wednesday he was on the phone to the SPL, delivering threats with menaces to clubs talking behind his back about their mutual interests.

Saying he had the power and influence to shaft the Sky deal.

Consequences? Celtic could suck up the £2m its loss would cost them standing on their heads. The others?

Without a broadcasting deal it could send three-quarters of them into administration.

Find the pressure point. Control it. And 24 hours later? It's all buns and bonhomie

as he throws open the boardroom door to all branches of the media.

"Fellas, come in, good to see you all - let me tell you what a reasonable bunch we are and why the diddy clubs are getting it all wrong ..."

Control.

I wasn't there, but I've been on the receiving end of one of his "why don't you pop in for a coffee and a chat" routines in the past.

He's charm personified. Good company. Persuasive. Nice line in custard creams.

But if you choose not to see it his way? You're no use to him. Don't expect him to take your phone calls. That's just the way he works.

Control.

Look at the pressure Celtic tried to pile on the SFA a couple of years ago. Their dossier on the supposed injustices served on Celtic by refs. The campaign to oust Hugh Dallas.

"We look forward to continuing discussions towards a positive outcome," said Lawwell. For that, read "getting our own way".

And that's exactly what last week has been all about. Celtic and Rangers have had a stranglehold for as long as anyone can remember.

And because of the 11-1 voting system, there's no prospect of that changing any time soon, as long as they stick together.

Which is kind of ironic, eh? Given that Lawwell was saying just a few weeks ago that Celtic didn't need Rangers to prosper. Now they just happen to need them alongside more than ever to avoid losing the control he treasures so dearly.

What they all need to do is mull on this, though. Our game is not just crying out for change. It's screaming its lungs black like a neglected child.

And while Lawwell might not like the idea, he must realise that just because a decision is taken that isn't in HIS best interests, it doesn't mean it's not in the best interests of Scottish football.

Which is why the other 10 are attempting to unlock the door, by changing a voting system from undemocratic to fair.

And why Lawwell is busy briefing that a year on from the stalemate over SPL change, suddenly they're amenable to a 14? A positive sign? Maybe. But again, only if it suits Celtic.

The other 10 know that unless Rangers go in to liquidation, they have no chance of forcing this through. But at least they're trying.

Sadly, the man who's not convinced wouldn't recognise the phrase "greater good" if the Green Brigade painted it on a banner and draped it over his front fence.

Celtic want their people at the helm of the Scottish game, running it for their benefit.

They believe Scottish football would be nothing without them - yet without Scottish football, they would have nothing.

And they don't see the sense in trying to strengthen it?

I fully understand that Lawwell feels betrayed by a couple of individuals who have come to him for help with one hand and are now slapping him around the head with the other.

Maybe rightly so. But again it goes back to control.

In the meantime, here they are today, on the cusp of their first title in four years. One hard-earned by Neil Lennon and his players, despite claims of it being tainted.

Relax, Peter. Enjoy it for what it is. Not what you can make of it.

I'm not going to sleep well tonight having agreed with a DR article quite this much.  :o

I know what you mean.

According to my sadly now deceased Aunt (who was a very switched on lady i might add) 30 years ago the DR was a good newspaper..............  I suppose its not impossible that remnants of decent journalism still exist there. 

Interesting points about Jim Traynor. I'm actually a big fan of his. I thoroughly enjoy listening to Your Call and I also was of the opinion that Tom English was a good addition (especially compared to that nasal voiced bint they had on previously.) I thought it was kinda funny that he was Irish, called English but working in Scottish football. Not that funny mind you.

Having said all that I've not caught the show for a few weeks. But it did always seem to me that Traynor had little or no time for either cheek of the Old Firm which obviously I relate to. Having not caught much of the show recently I've not really had a chance to see that change. Although I think you have to remember that a huge percentage of his paper's readers (or picture-looker-aters) are Old Firm supporting mutants so if he's constantly alienating Old Firm fans he'd eventually find himself out of a job.

Deep down I really don't think he'd have any regrets seeing Rangers fuck off and die.

Heard something about this the other day but not sure of what it all means

I'm hoping, and to me it's inferred there, that it means Rangers know fuck fine they're completely fucked on the double contracts issue, and possibly on the money side too, and this was a desperate attempt at staying in the SPL by buying out StM.

I'm hoping, and to me it's inferred there, that it means Rangers know fuck fine they're completely fucked on the double contracts issue, and possibly on the money side too, and this was a desperate attempt at staying in the SPL by buying out StM.

Fingers crossed!

Heard the Rangers investors to buy St Mirren story months ago and though Jute was on his paranoid pills again - but that story shows that it must have been true.

Chick Dung was going on about this a couple of weeks ago on the radio. Rangers/someone connected with them (who isn't these days?) made a serious attempt to buy St Mirren FC.

The bit about being asked if they used EBTs is interesting too. The statement doesn't deny they used them and I wonder if Rangers were also trying to build a case against the SFA/SPL by dragging other clubs into their mess?

Interesting points about Jim Traynor. I'm actually a big fan of his. I thoroughly enjoy listening to Your Call and I also was of the opinion that Tom English was a good addition (especially compared to that nasal voiced bint they had on previously.) I thought it was kinda funny that he was Irish, called English but working in Scottish football. Not that funny mind you.

Having said all that I've not caught the show for a few weeks. But it did always seem to me that Traynor had little or no time for either cheek of the Old Firm which obviously I relate to. Having not caught much of the show recently I've not really had a chance to see that change. Although I think you have to remember that a huge percentage of his paper's readers (or picture-looker-aters) are Old Firm supporting mutants so if he's constantly alienating Old Firm fans he'd eventually find himself out of a job.

Deep down I really don't think he'd have any regrets seeing Rangers fuck off and die.

I kinda think that about Traynor as well. Like Jute said a wee while ago: "Traynors nae a hun, the huns arent right wing enough for him." However, last weekend, traynor was absent and we had Chick young and Tom English.

You should make the effort to listen to this weeks show. A couple of Aberdeen loons ask direct questions to chick about succulent lamb and Ogilvie. He ties himself up in knots and needs English to dig him out of a hole by essentially insulting the caller.

CHICK LIKES SUCCULENT LAMB!! NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!! :lambsey:

Taking a second away from enjoying administration talk, I saw that Shelter Scotland have released details of the traffic on their 'Get Advice' section of their website. Apparently it saw a 600% increase in the days following the latest Old Firm game.

Keep up the good work guys:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/03/28/revealed-rangers-administrators-run-up-3m-bill-and-still-no-sign-of-a-buyer-for-troubled-ibrox-club-86908-23804107/

Revealed: Rangers administrators run up £3m bill.. and still no sign of a buyer for troubled Ibrox club

Mar 28 2012 Exclusive by John Ferguson

Ibrox gates large image

Generic image of Ibrox gates

RANGERS’ administrators are set to rack up a £3million bill if the saga drags on into the start of next season, it emerged last night.

The Ibrox club face starting next term with a 10-point deduction in the SPL. Administrators Duff & Phelps – who yesterday said it could take months to pick which of five bidders will buy the club – are charging up to £654 an hour for each member of their staff’s service.

Their bill will wipe out three months of savings agreed by players who took salary cuts of up to 75per cent.

Some one suggesting that paying off debts is illegal while in administration, no one unsecured debt can take precedence over another.  The argument would be that rfc aren't paying the debt at all, but then surely the pars should say thank you for the free money from the Fighting Fund and continue to persue their debt with rfc  :thumbsup:

Paul Murray has revealed Rangers owner Craig Whyte is refusing to sell his shares in the club to his Blues Knights consortium.

Former Ibrox director Murray is one of five bidders trying to gain control of Rangers following their move into administration last month.

Whyte removed Murray from board when he took control of Rangers last summer after a boardroom row over the fact he was opposed to Whyte's takeover.

Administrators Duff and Phelps are keen to have new owners in place by the end of the season, but Murray admits Whyte's stance may force him to reconsider his bid for the cash-strapped club.

"I've spoken to the administrators about this today and been told by them that Whyte is not prepared under any circumstances to sell his shares to my consortium," Murray told the Daily Record.

"The administrators have told me they are prepared to take legal action to deal with this issue.

"While I was pleased to hear them say that, as things stand the Blue Knights cannot be successful. I have little choice but to consider our position.

"What is the point in us presenting a bid we know will not be accepted?

"Unless I can legally obtain Whyte's shares I cannot enter into discussions about how best for the club to exit administration through a CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement).

"This is fundamental to our plans to stop the club going into liquidation. While I am hugely disappointed in Whyte's actions I can't say I'm surprised."

Im sorry rangers fans I could have saved the club but that big meanie Craig wouldnt give me his shares. It has nothing to do with me having no money and my campaign only getting this far thanks to the daily record