Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

BBC Scotland has learned Rangers' administrators have rejected Brian Kennedy's takeover bid for the Ibrox club.

The Sale Sharks owner made his offer almost two weeks ago and had urged administrators to speed up the process.

"I'm disappointed but not surprised by this outcome," he told BBC Scotland.

"I always said that I would only get involved for the good of the club and it seems my bid just wasn't good enough."

Kennedy was one of five interested parties aiming to succeed current owner Craig Whyte.

Former Rangers director Paul Murray's Blue Knights consortium, United States-based Club 9 Sports, a UK-based consortium and a Singapore-based consortium have all expressed an interest.

Administrators Duff and Phelps want a new owner in place by the summer.

Kennedy added: "I'm glad the process is moving forward and I just hope the administrators go with Paul Murray and his Blue Knights now.

"I think they have the best interests of the club at heart."

Some good news for them

Former Rangers chief executive Martin Bain has abandoned his £900,000 damages claim against the football club.

Mr Bain had been suing over alleged breach of contract following Craig Whyte's takeover last year.

He had £480,000 of the club's assets ring-fenced pending settlement.

Mr Bain said he was prepared to return this sum, minus legal expenses, to Rangers' administrators and stressed his legal action had been aimed at Craig Whyte and not the club.

The former chief executive was alleging breach of contract following the takeover at Rangers by venture capitalist Mr Whyte from the former owner Sir David Murray.

We can disclose that the former chief executive of Rangers, Martin Bain, was offered £100,000 bonus from the trust in 2005.

We have seen a document which says: "...please pay Martin Bain £100,000 through the remuneration trust in respect of his bonus for the financial year to June 30, 2005."

We've seen a document which says: "...please pay Martin Bain £100,000 through the remuneration trust in respect of his bonus for the financial year to June 30, 2005."

Not only that, but just one month later in July 2005 in another document, Martin Bain requests from The Murray Group Management Trust in Jersey a further loan of £100,000 "as soon as possible for the purposes of investment"

In what could be a key document in the tax dispute, Martin Bain, when he was a director at Rangers, wrote to Chairman John McClelland on December 18, 2003. It is strongly worded - he asks that his pay rise be paid through the club's trust.

In his letter Martin Bain says it was suggested to him that "...any pay rise I got should be paid through the trust, obviously as a discretionary bonus as it cannot be contractual..."

He was just one of many benefiting from this tax scheme. As he says himself: "...my increase was to be non-contractual put through as a discretionary bonus as I do with players. Coaches and more recently John Greig."

So it was far from just Martin Bain - Rangers players were getting the trust's tax-free payments. Rangers coaches. And John Greig, Rangers legend and former director. This indicates just how widespread the trust scheme was being used across Rangers with already high earners making significant tax savings.

And then, in the document we have seen, yet more startling information. Martin Bain writing to Rangers Chairman John McClelland, says that his contract letter from McClelland, would be destroyed, shredded, by a female official at MIH - the company which owned Rangers. Martin Bain wrote: "at the end of the meeting I gave her back the letter addressed to me from you that stated my contractual increase for her to shred."

The evidence they had of letters between Bain and McLelland seemed to suggest his contractual bonus and raise were paid through a EBT which would be illegal (well the not paying tax bit).  Question is whether HMRC can prove this and have the evidence to back up the assertion that players and coaches also benefited in this way.  Would seem pretty damning to me.

fucking retards:

SFA hit out at Rangers fans after meeting with Stewart Regan descends into farce

Mar 31 2012 by Scott McDermott

THE SFA last night hit out at a group of Rangers fans who accused chief executive Stewart Regan of bias during a stormy Hampden meeting.

A prearranged sit-down with Regan descended into a farce on Thursday when representatives from supporters’ associations quizzed him on the SFA’s recent treatment of the club.

The group, which included members of the Rangers Supporters Trust and The Blue Order, questioned Regan’s impartiality and suggested the SFA hadn’t done enough to help their club during administration.

Record Sport understands a disparaging comment was also made about Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell, which prompted Regan to leave abruptly.

Last night an SFA spokesman said he was disappointed by the conduct of the Rangers Fans Working Group, who had ironically requested the meeting to discuss “unacceptable behaviour” among fans.

He said: “We agreed to meet them at their request, in good faith and in the interests of openness and transparency.

“The discussions initially focused on the proactive work of the Rangers Fans’ Working Group in addressing unacceptable conduct, especially relating to singing and chanting.

“Ultimately, some of the group’s own conduct at the meeting was unacceptable. It was a major disappointment to the chief executive that a cordial meeting descended into the type of questioning and language more suited to internet forums.

“Stewart reiterated that he was not prepared to endure comments that implied bias from the SFA and its staff.

“The final straw was an embarrassing outburst from one member of the group that served only to undermine their credibility.”

But Supporters Trust spokesman Mark Dingwall denied criticising Regan and instead accused him of “storming out” of the room.

Dingwall told Record Sport: “At the end, we asked what he’d done to pro-actively help during administration.

“He said he had taken calls from the administrators.

“It was put to him that he should be doing more to ensure Rangers get to the end of the season. At that point, Regan said he wasn’t listening any more, put on his jacket and stormed out.”

Hmmmm why do i get the feeling this hun twat is missing oot a bit of the story lol

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9176695/Rangers-in-administration-bidders-set-to-learn-fate-next-week-as-administrators-narrow-down-field-to-three.html

Meanwhile, it emerged that a meeting between the Rangers Fans Working Group and the SFA chief executive, Stewart Regan, ended in disarray at Hampden Park late on Thursday afternoon when he walked out, having stated that he “was not prepared to tolerate accusations of bias”.

However, the meeting moved into more turbulent waters when it was suggested by the fans’ representatives that the SFA were not regarded by the Rangers support as impartial. When Regan stood up to leave, one of the six FWG representatives said: “Is that you off to report to Peter Lawwell [the Celtic chief executive]?”

Regan replied: “Quelle surprise.” He made to shake hands with another representative, who refused, saying: “On your bike.

Prospective owner Paul Murray fears for Rangers' future

By Alasdair Lamont BBC Scotland

Prospective Rangers owner Paul Murray fears exiting administration via a company voluntary arrangement may not be possible.

That is unless substantial steps towards a takeover are taken within a couple of weeks.

And the former Ibrox director believes a lengthy legal battle with Ticketus could be "disastrous" for the club.

Murray is continuing to negotiate with the finance firm as he works towards making a final bid by Wednesday.

"We will be bidding and I sincerely hope the administrators choose us," he told BBC Scotland.

But Murray is not yet sure whether his Blue Knights consortium's bid will have Ticketus onside or not.

He remains convinced it is better to include the firm, whose money financed Craig Whyte's takeover of Rangers, rather than have them join the list of creditors.

Yet he maintains that he will only do business with Ticketus if it can restructure that £24m deal to suit the club.

"I'm working flat-out over the weekend to try to come to an agreement with Ticketus," he said.

"I need to be in a position by Monday to firm up our bid so that it can be submitted by Wednesday.

"Without Ticketus, it makes a CVA solution more difficult because, if the administrators terminate the contract, they'll become the largest unsecured creditor and able to block a CVA.

"That would also lead to a very messy and complicated legal process. A six-month legal battle could be disastrous for the club."

Murray remains hopeful an agreement will be reached.

"Both parties recognise this is a pragmatic solution, which is a good starting point," he said.

Either way, Murray believes it is imperative a new owner is able to start working as soon as possible.

"There are so many things to sort out - player contracts for instance," he explained.

"If it's not resolved in the next couple of weeks, I fear they might not be able to do a CVA."

And, of course, the elephant in the room remains the position of Whyte as majority shareholder and, certainly in the present owner's view, if not that of the administrator, secured creditor.

Murray says he was told this week by the administrator that Whyte would not hand over his shares to him, so how does he square that particular circle?

"He didn't say he wouldn't deal with other members of my consortium," Murray went on.

"But the administrators believe there are legal mechanisms to get the shares from Craig Whyte.

"What I'd say is, why didn't they start that legal action seven weeks ago, rather than now?

"The last thing Rangers need is more protracted legal battles."

Asked whether he believed Whyte would benefit financially in the long run from the eventual outcome, Murray said: "I have zero interest in providing him with anything.

"I don't know what other bidders would do."

Meanwhile, former Rangers manager Walter Smith feels it's important that the sale of the club is completed quickly to remove uncertainty for the fans.

"It's more encouraging for the supporters that it seems to be moving on," he said.

"The supporters, like everybody else, are getting a little bit frustrated by the length of time it's taking. Hopefully it can move on sooner rather than later.

"If it's settled, the better it'll be for everybody."

Amazing - an article that doesnt mention the real elephant in the room - the First Tier Tribunal (Tax)!

BBC Scotland are a fuckin embarassment - just repeating verbatim whatever they are spoon fed with no actual investigation involved.

The same BBC Scotland that uncovered the truth about Whyte's past?

By PAUL FORSYTH

Published on Sunday 1 April 2012 00:00

STEVE Brown, the St Johnstone chairman, has warned that if Rangers go into liquidation and are not permitted to re-enter the SPL as a new company, several top-flight clubs would go out of business.

One of the six members of the SPL board whose job it would be to consider an application by the “new” Rangers, Brown stressed that he had yet to make up his mind as to what would be the most appropriate course of action.

He said that he hoped never to be faced with the decision but, if he was, he would have to weigh sporting integrity against the cost to clubs such as his own. Refusing to grant the Glasgow club an SPL licence would, in his view, lead to a financial “disaster”.

Asked if he meant that some clubs would go to the wall, Brown replied: “I think they would. I think a lot of them are kidding themselves on. One or two of them are on the brink as it is. If they’re on the brink as it is, and they’re getting support financially from Rangers and Sky, there can only be one thing [that would happen].”

In an exclusive interview with Scotland on Sunday, Brown also called for a more conciliatory approach by the SPL’s non-Old Firm clubs to the current row over voting rights. Some have said that they would consider resigning from the top flight in protest.

He says that only the best-run clubs would survive in a league without the Old Firm. “Would you get by without the Old Firm? We [at St Johnstone] would get by. We’ve demonstrated that because we’ve been in the First Division for seven years, but you certainly wouldn’t have the same calibre of player at your club. Could the other teams get by without the Old Firm? I think three or four of them would go out of business. Careful what you wish for.”

Brown says that, if a newco Rangers were to be excluded from the SPL, the economic impact would outweigh any other benefits. “You probably would get more supporters because your team would be likely to be more competitive, but in financial terms, it would be a disaster, an absolute disaster.

“In financial terms, I can’t see how [the other clubs] could possibly fill the gap. The revenue they [Rangers] bring with them equates to probably three or four games against teams from the bottom six. It’s a huge void, both in gate revenue and TV money because it is my understanding that the Sky contract would fall through.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/gutless-greedy-gullible.17182292

WALTER Smith and Peter Lawwell didn't agree on everything during the former's second stint as Rangers manager.

Indeed, at times it seemed like they didn't agree on anything. But when it comes to the furore over the so-called 'Gang of Ten' and moves to redraw the 11-1 voting requirement in the SPL, the two men on either side of the Old Firm divide understand each other perfectly. Smith, who has emerged as a figurehead for the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund since the club entered administration on February 14, last night criticised the opportunism of the other 10 SPL chairmen and said their moves would only result in a levelling down of the Scottish game which would inhibit the Old Firm's chances of success in the European arena.

"It is tough enough for Rangers and Celtic in the European environment just now," said Smith. "It is tough enough to keep Scotland up there. The people who are involved at this moment have seen an opportunity to obviously get more finance from their own point of view but if that happened, without a shadow of a doubt, it would impact on Rangers and Celtic.

"Because – make no mistake – they are the ones that have to carry that burden," he added. "And that burden is helped by extra TV money. Take that away and we are not going to have it in Scotland. The other clubs are not bothering about anything other than getting extra money.

"The manner in which they have done it is entirely wrong. If they had faced up to Rangers when they were stronger, and Celtic, you would have had more admiration for them. But what they have done is wait until one of them is in a weakened position and tried to take advantage. That sums up what the rest of them are like."

Having been assistant manager at Dundee United when the Tannadice side reached the European Cup semi-finals back in 1984, Smith has seen both sides of the Scottish game, but he feels the march of the Old Firm – and the other big clubs in Europe – is inexorable and the clock cannot be turned back.

Smith said: "If you spread the Rangers and Celtic money amongst everyone, all you would get is a spread. What the other clubs would be seeing is that they will be bringing Rangers and Celtic down towards them, and that will still not mean you have got a totally competitive environment in Scotland. Rangers and Celtic will still win the league which is natural, but it will inhibit their European opportunities."

Despite the consequences, league reconstruction may still be the least of Rangers' worries this summer. The withdrawal of Brian Kennedy from the race to take over the running of the club, the apparent refusal of Craig Whyte to deal with Paul Murray and the Blue Knights' bid and the confirmation that the preference for the Prometheus/Club 9 Sports bid is for the club to go into liquidation, sees no shortage of question marks over the future of the club.

Any new owner will make up their own mind about the competencies of manager Ally McCoist, but Smith feels his former assistant has more than earned a second season, even if he does feel the odd pang of guilt for unwittingly leaving him and his staff in such desperate circumstances.

Smith said. "They had talked me into staying the year before, when it would probably have been better for them to take over in those circumstances. I had arranged with David Murray that when he did sell the club I would leave. I had made the decision the previous November, so we had no idea then who was going to take over. But I do feel guilty that I left at that particular time, although none of us knew what was going to unfold."

McCoist's role in the last few weeks has been part football manager and part figurehead and Smith feels he has fulfilled both roles with credit. Not least because he has been doing it unpaid. "It is a delicate balance and he has done that very well," Smith said. "You can say the right things, but when things like last Sunday's game come up, you have to do well in it, and he did do well in it.

"No club goes into administration and sits and wins championships, it just doesn't happen. He has had to fly by the seat of his pants in terms of making decisions which affect everybody at the club. You've got to say the players deserve credit for taking the wage drop, as do the staff; Alistair is not taking any wages."

A bit of money from any new owners would also help, even if the timescales on any takeover already seem tight enough to make last summer's transfer market travails seem like a walk in the park. "None of us ever achieve without having good, solid backing," Smith said.

"He has not had that. If you go back to managers like John Greig, when the money had been spent building the stadium, or Alex McLeish, when Dick Advocaat's reign finished he had to get rid of a lot of players and cut back on a lot of wages, when those kind of circumstances hit it doesn't matter who you are, you feel the effects. Hopefully this time whoever takes over has a realisation that if there is going to be a level of success there has got to be a level of investment, without going back to what we had a few seasons ago. Then you would be able to make a judgment on Alistair's own managerial record."

::)

Of FFS Brown/Smith/Lawell/Spl/SFA!

Just get around to taking an extra levy from all other SPL clubs (bar rasellick of course, that would be unfair) and bail out the "desperately needed" huncunts right now, and stop pissing about like you're actually gonna do something, or care about anyone but the ugly sisters!

Everyone and their grannie (icludung both my deid ones) know that the "status quo"will be in place come August 2012  :hammer:>:D >:D

Are we trying to become the biggest laughing-stock in world football?

Willie Miller said on Saturday night club will do whatever is in the clubs best financial interest for a vote on any newco getting back into the league. He laughed off suggestions that fans would walk away if they were allowed back in.

I would suspect that if clubs can get a change in the way money is shared out and maybe a change in the voting structure then they will let them straight back in.

Exactly how I feel, we pay all this money every season and what do we get in return?  A chance to watch a few thousand tinks from glasgow have a party at the end of every season.

Hold me fucking back. ::)

Smith said: "If you spread the Rangers and Celtic money amongst everyone, all you would get is a spread. What the other clubs would be seeing is that they will be bringing Rangers and Celtic down towards them, and that will still not mean you have got a totally competitive environment in Scotland. Rangers and Celtic will still win the league which is natural, but it will inhibit their European opportunities."

Like in the 80's aye?

Is that for real?!

Canna be, surely?!

Like in the 80's aye?

Is that for real?!

Canna be, surely?!

That section you quoted just smacks of "you have to let us have the lion's share of the money so we can do well in Europe so things are better for everyone else"

I do like to see the co-efficient doing well but they don't have a god given right to qualify for Europe nevermind do well.

They are just self serving cunts.

Let them back in and I'm finished with premier league fitba...

Cannae be arsed trawling back through all the pages on here, but I said that as well Jager....... I'll be off to work on my golf handicap and watch the odd bit of junior fitba during the winter months

Willie Miller said on Saturday night club will do whatever is in the clubs best financial interest for a vote on any newco getting back into the league. He laughed off suggestions that fans would walk away if they were allowed back in.

I would suspect that if clubs can get a change in the way money is shared out and maybe a change in the voting structure then they will let them straight back in.

Which is the way it should be, I couldnt give a shite if rangers get back into the SPL provided the entire set up changes for the better.