Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

100% agree with this, "be careful what you wish for" is the obvious phrase that spirngs to mind for Rangers - a transfer embargo is small-fry compared to the alternatives.  DOncaster's ramblings show up just how utterly and pathetically toothless the SPL organisation is, and this whole mess should be a watershed moment in terms of modernising the entire set-up of the game in this country.

The thing that I don't get is, is the SFA is the body which holds the registration of players in this country, I don't understand how that body cannot lawfully withold registrations, in other words, they have the ultimate authority to sanction player transfers in an indirect manner.

are player regestrations not held by the spl? i was under the impression that was what the withholding of docs was about. it is all ridiculously intertwined and labyrinthine in terms of the paper trail mind you, so i am not sure!

From the BBC

Rangers' Murray Park training ground may be renamed

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green is to ask fans to vote on renaming Murray Park, the club's training ground at Milngavie, just outside Glasgow.

Green is suggesting fans name the facility after Moses McNeil, a Rangers founder, or the late Ibrox winger Davie Cooper when they renew season tickets. Blah blah blah

How about selling the fucking thing to pay off some of the debts? Surely they can't be allowed to keep that?

Rangers director Dave King is urging creditors to reject Charles Green's company voluntary arrangement when they meet on 14 June.

South Africa-based King has also called on the club's supporters not to renew their season tickets until Green's consortium details its plans.

"I am opposing the CVA and urge all loyal fans to do the same," said the exiled Scot.

"We don't want to be back in a similar situation next season."

And King, Rangers' second largest shareholder, added: "I also believe that all true Rangers fans should not buy any season tickets until full and frank disclosure has been provided by Duff & Phelps, Mr Green, and [owner] Mr [Craig] Whyte, as to what is truly going on behind the scenes."

King argues that the CVA should be rejected by creditors because neither administrators Duff & Phelps nor Green's consortium has provided enough information about how it would fund the acquisition of the club or invest in it in the future.

Nor, he claims, does the consortium's £8.5m offer give him comfort that it has the "requisite business skills", appreciate that "the club cannot be run on purely business principles" or "recognise that the fans are key stakeholders in the club".

Duff and Phelps published revised and approved proposals to creditors on Thursday.

Among the revised proposals was that HMRC would nominate Malcolm Cohen and James Bernard Stephen of BDO as joint liquidators, rather than Duff & Phelps, if the club was to be wound up.

King says he has informed Duff & Phelps that he is claiming from the club £20m in damages - the value of his initial investment in Rangers - "based on the deliberate non-disclosure by David Murray of transactions that he had committed to on behalf of the club that were both risky and to the sole advantage of the Murray Group".

He says the firm has ignored his representations.

King states that, should the matter come to court, he will garner support from fellow "aggrieved investors" to seek reparation. He claims he would reinvest the cash back into the club.

Meanwhile, Whyte, who has agreed to sell his 85% shareholding to Green's consortium for £2 - another point contested by King - has stated that the CVA "is the best way forward for the club and it will leave Rangers in an excellent situation".

Rangers entered administration in mid-February, nine months after Whyte acquired the majority shareholding from Sir David Murray.

"My shares will form part of the consortium's shareholding and after that I will focus on other activities.

"It has certainly been an eventful year but I did what needed to be done, unpopular as it was. There was no alternative. It had to be done.

"If it wasn't me it would have been someone else.

"People will look back in a year or two with a different view. People have conveniently forgotten the state Rangers were in at that time.

"I should have taken the club into administration on completion of the deal.

"But there was no way the situation would have been avoided unless someone came in and put in £100m and we have seen in recent weeks how difficult it is to get anyone to put money into a football club."

Whyte is threatening to take legal action against the Scottish Football Association, who deemed the businessman unfit to hold an official position in the game when he was handed fines totalling £200,000 for bringing the game into disrepute.

"I will be going after them," he said. "I will be looking at legal options against the SFA.

"They have a lot to answer for with their defamatory statements about me which formed the basis of their so-called investigation.

"Scottish football's regulators are inept and have showed themselves up. But they have no jurisdiction over me."

Following on from Alex Thomson's tweet late last night that HMRC are "Ready" (Geddit??), from one of this morning's gutter rags:

But tax chiefs have already nominated Malcolm Cohen and James Stephen, of accountancy giants BDO, to wind up the club if they decide they can recover more cash by selling off Ibrox itself.

The chilling move came as it emerged Rangers’ bill for non-payment of tax since the club went into administration has DOUBLED to £18million in less than four months.

In total, they now owe HMRC £21million — a figure that could rocket to around £100million if they lose the ‘big tax case’ currently going through the courts.

Last night a source said: “The taxman is obviously getting ready to pounce if he’s not getting the right deal.

“The potential liquidators would have the power to sell Ibrox, the training ground Murray Park and other assets. The proceeds would be split between the club’s creditors.

“The fans will hope Charles Green has got his figures right and can pull his deal off.”

Following on from Alex Thomson's tweet late last night that HMRC are "Ready" (Geddit??), from one of this morning's gutter rags:

Read that article online earlier this morning.

Are things about to start hotting up at last  ???

Lets hope so :thumbsup:

Slight change from Thompson is it no?

He was bricking it last I heard. May have been given assurances over TV revenue?

Aye, could be that indeed or worried about losing fans in the long term.  There certainly seems to be a change from the chairmen over the last couple of weeks.

1. Their fans have threatened to boycott away games so we're no worse off in that regard without them.

2. If Rangers finish bottom 6 or get relegated, do they get to stay up because of the TV deal  that does/doesn't depend on 4 OF games?

3. We need to re-evaluate what Scottish football has become. If we can no longer afford to pay £3-4k a week on wages then everyone will be in the same boat and we'll all have a greater focus on development and making our own players which will benefit the national team in the long run.

4. Scottish football needing Rangers is a fallacy.

Aye, could be that indeed or worried about losing fans in the long term.  There certainly seems to be a change from the chairmen over the last couple of weeks.

I think every club in the spl bar county (lets face it there is no danger they are going to take a drop in crowds from this in their inaugural season) will have received similar emails to those a lot of us have sent regarding der hun from their fans.  the loss of revenue of 50% (if that survey is to believed) of your home gate walking away shits on any lost revenue from the tv deal and 2000 minks at most twice a season not showing up.

Greig Ingram from Dons Supporters Together has been invited to participate in a discussion on the possibility of a Rangers Newco during Sportsound this Saturday 9th June.

The feature will include an interview with Stephen Thomson, Chairman of Dundee Utd followed by a discussion with fans reps focussing on the pressure being placed on clubs by fans in relation to a possible vote on a Rangers newco being granted entry to the SPL.

The piece should be on at some point between 2 and 3.30pm tomorrow afternoon.

Alex Thompson saying he'll be getting onto HMRC today for explanation of the delay.

"@alextomo: The point is altho FTT is not HMRC, latter has long and close experience of former...

"@alextomo: And HMRC clearly felt able to say FTT would decide "shortly after Easter" Why? We shd not be too easily led by HMRC insouciance."

Btw I wonder if chick and tom english will be sniggering about thomson being a war correspondant again soon. Those two are a shit stain on the gusset of journalism.

From Alasdair Lamont on Twitter:

"Dave King says he'll mount a legal challenge to block any attempted transfer of Craig Whyte's shares in Rangers to Charles Green."

What a carry on, surely this is good news for non-Rangers fans, as the pain will continue for the Huns!  :thumbsup: